mangomynz

How is interview scheduled? When to file Ds-160? (Merged threads)

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a question because I keep seeing different types of information that either you schedule the interview in the embassy for K1 visa or that NVC does it themselves, so I am little bit confused what is truth and what is not.

Also, how long did it take for your case to be transferred to NVC after USCIS approval? And also how long did it take for the case to be transferred from NVC to the embassy/consulate?

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

NVC does not schedule K-1 interviews.  What consulate will conduct the interview?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Since consulate processes differ from country to country, I have moved this discussion to the Europe & Eurasia regional forum.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Could someone explain how the interview is scheduled? Can you select the date yourself or does NVC or US Consulate/Embassy schedule it themselves?

When you should file or complete DS-160? Our case is in transit based on the recent email from NVC we have received our case number and we should visit the travel.state.gov website to see about the further steps for K1. Should you do the DS-160 form when the case status is ready?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

most embassies will have you schedule the interview yourself. it is entirely dependent on the embassy.

same goes for the DS-160. some embassies want you to wait until you have received notice from them, usually called packet 3. This packet explains all of the next steps of the process.

but technically the DS-160 can be submitted at any point, as the submitted DS-160 is valid for 1 year.

which embassy are you going through?

you should fill out your timeline

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/intro.php?cfl=

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024 APPROVED!

Visa Issued: 07-11-2024

Visa Received: 7-15-2024

Date of Entry: 11-5-2024

Married: 12-18-2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, mangomynz said:

Could someone explain how the interview is scheduled? Can you select the date yourself or does NVC or US Consulate/Embassy schedule it themselves?

I think you have been on this website long enough to know that if you want accurate answers, you need to specify the country involved, or, much simpler, just fill out your timeline.  Without specifying the country, you will get answers that may be accurate for other countries, but completely wrong for you.

• powerpuff changed the title to How is interview scheduled? When to file Ds-160? (Merged threads)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.