Ranava14

Still no biometrics on N-400

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I filed N-400 about a month ago (under 319 b) 

My last and only biometrics appointment was for my Reentry permit in June of 2023.

I was expecting for my biometrics to be reused but also prepared to fly to the states for a biometrics appointment. 
(Last time I got my appointment a week after filing) 

Now I am reading everyone’s experience and it seems like every single person I see gets either biometrics reuse notice or a biometrics appointment within the first few days. 
For me it’s been a month and the case is just stuck on “Receipt notice sent” 

Receipt notice just says I will be getting a biometrics appointment letter. 

As I am not in the states and all my mail is sent to my mil’s house I am starting to worry that a letter was sent and it’s been overlooked or went missing in the mail. 

Has anyone had a similar experience? 

Do you think I’ll get my appointment letter in the mail or online also? 

Last time it only came in the mail with less than a week notice and I had to drop everything and book a flight to make it there on time.

I wish there was a way to contact USCIS to make sure a letter wasn’t sent that never made it to me. 

thanks for any input in advance 

IR 1 Green Card
07/06/21 - I-130 sent
04/21/22 - I-130 approved
04/22/22 - NVC received + paid
04/29/22 - Submitted DS-260 
09/15/22 - Case completed at NVC
10/04/22 - Case left NVC
10/11/22 - Consulate received case
10/19/22 - Interview scheduled
11/17/22 - Interview date
Approved on the spot! 🥳

Reentry Permit
05/11/23 - Fee accepted
06/05/23 - Biometrics taken
07/12/24 - Reentry Permit produced
07/13/24 - Case approved!

N-400 
07/16 - filed under 319 (b) (Washington Service Center)
07/16 - received Receipt Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It took me 8 months to get a biometrics letter for my N-400. Yes you get the biometrics notice under the "documents" tab in your online account (at least if you filed online). 

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

It took about six weeks for me till I got the biometrics reuse notice. It showed up in the documents tab and then also came in the mail. There was no status update but I received an email that something happened.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Same, about 6 weeks. So, not sure what you've seen regarding receiving anything within the "first few days", but I guess 6-8 weeks IS the first few days of the process given how long these processes always take! 🥲

Timeline
On 8/25/2024 at 10:54 AM, Peot said:

Same, about 6 weeks. So, not sure what you've seen regarding receiving anything within the "first few days", but I guess 6-8 weeks IS the first few days of the process given how long these processes always take! 🥲

When filing online many get an instant notification. Basically the receipt notice straight followed by the biometrics reuse. In our April filer group I was the only one who filed online who didn't get it instantly. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/14/2024 at 4:56 AM, Scandi said:

It took me 8 months to get a biometrics letter for my N-400. Yes you get the biometrics notice under the "documents" tab in your online account (at least if you filed online). 

That makes me feel better. It’s been two months and nothing. Everyone seems to at least get some kind of notice of action but mine seems frozen. Even estimated time has disappeared.
Did you file under 319 (b)?

IR 1 Green Card
07/06/21 - I-130 sent
04/21/22 - I-130 approved
04/22/22 - NVC received + paid
04/29/22 - Submitted DS-260 
09/15/22 - Case completed at NVC
10/04/22 - Case left NVC
10/11/22 - Consulate received case
10/19/22 - Interview scheduled
11/17/22 - Interview date
Approved on the spot! 🥳

Reentry Permit
05/11/23 - Fee accepted
06/05/23 - Biometrics taken
07/12/24 - Reentry Permit produced
07/13/24 - Case approved!

N-400 
07/16 - filed under 319 (b) (Washington Service Center)
07/16 - received Receipt Notice

5 hours ago, Ranava14 said:

That makes me feel better. It’s been two months and nothing. Everyone seems to at least get some kind of notice of action but mine seems frozen. Even estimated time has disappeared.
Did you file under 319 (b)?

Estimated time is hugely inaccurate anyway.

Biometrics reuse happening later is totally OK.

When I had I-751 pending, my biometrics were reused after about 5 months after filing. However, I've seen many cases stuck in initial received state. Those cases got biometrics reused after 11-12 months and decided before my case and other similar cases with biometrics reused earlier.

You cannot read too much into this.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.