Melancholic Mage

The Visa Medical Thread

35 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2024 at 6:46 AM, SL2024 said:

@WoodlandsFamily did you manage to look into or sort out the Covid vaccine booster for your children who are under 12?

Hi, no not yet. I asked several places including Boots and some private London clinics and they all said The UK doesn't have the regulation to provide under 12s with covid vaccines anymore. Over 12 fine, costs about £95 but they said you can't get one in the UK at the moment for a child under 12. Not sure what I am gonna do...the medical may have the answer hopefully when I get to that part! 😅 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

Hi, no not yet. I asked several places including Boots and some private London clinics and they all said The UK doesn't have the regulation to provide under 12s with covid vaccines anymore. Over 12 fine, costs about £95 but they said you can't get one in the UK at the moment for a child under 12. Not sure what I am gonna do...the medical may have the answer hopefully when I get to that part! 😅 

Is it possible to get the Covid Vaccine booster for under 12’s in the USA at all? I have read that some of the Covid vaccinations are suitable for 6 months and older but I don’t know if they are doing vaccinations for under 12’s over there.

Might be worth asking at the medical though.

14 hours ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

If it's not available it'll be waived. 

On 9/11/2024 at 5:25 PM, tunaqueen25 said:

Hey! I know this probably isn’t the correct thread to post, but would you be willing to post somewhere about your interview experience? It was today right? I’ve kept up with your posts because they're quite informative! Hope you had a good interview!!!

Hello tunaqueen25, you can find my embassy review right here.

I might make an embassy thread to coincide with my medical one as my biggest gripe throughout the process was being able to find actual detailed experience of each visa step, not just rough information, as well as being able to ask follow-up questions to those who went through each stage.

Regardless, I hope this helps. And thank you so much for noting some of my posts: I put a lot of effort into some of them and honestly it can be exhausting when they don't get any kind of thank you so, well, thank you.

Edited by Melancholic Mage

19 hours ago, Melancholic Mage said:

Hello tunaqueen25, you can find my embassy review right here.

I might make an embassy thread to coincide with my medical one as my biggest gripe throughout the process was being able to find actual detailed experience of each visa step, not just rough information, as well as being able to ask follow-up questions to those who went through each stage.

Regardless, I hope this helps. And thank you so much for noting some of my posts: I put a lot of effort into some of them and honestly it can be exhausting when they don't get any kind of thank you so, well, thank you.

Thank you for redirecting me to your embassy review!!! The thoroughness is incredibly helpful. Was very relieved as well to read that you only needed the 1st dose of the hep b vax. My husband has a couple vaxxes he needs that are a series and although I knew he would only need the first one, it’s comforting to know that it’s actually practiced as such. Have you moved already or awaiting your flight? Would also love to hear your experience crossing the border for the first time!

Edited by tunaqueen25

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.