Melancholic Mage

The Visa Medical Thread

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, RandomNameUK said:

Just curious the x-ray results came out immediately and the doctor would already be able to assess them when you went to see him/her? 

The doctor took my X-Ray but didn't share any results with me. They instructed me to go back into the waiting room as they looked over my scans and documents at their computer. You could ask but I doubt they'd share anything. 

They send over your medical results to the embassy and recommend to give them 10 working days according to the email I received. What is in your results is hard to say. All I was told is if there's anything that requires immediate attention, they will contact you withing 5 working days after your appointment. 

Edited by Melancholic Mage

What did you have to show as proof of the covid vaccine? My husband has a squeaky clean medical record (i don’t think he’s gone to the doc since he was a child lol), and so the only things he will need is 1) covid vax & 2) some US required vaxxes. I understand that all of the vaxxes besides the covid one can be obtained at the appointment. But does boots give u some sort of slip as proof that the covid vax has been done recently??

I received my COVID booster from Boots who provided a slip that is stamped with the date and holds the doctor's signature. They took the slip without issue. I brought along an email confirmation of Boots' appointment as backup but they didn't need it. 

My GP records had the first two COVID jabs recorded. My GP couldn't update my records to add the booster to the list despite my request. Your GP may be able to before your appointment so you can have your vaccination records up to date, but it wasn't needed for myself. 

Got the COVID vaccine at Boots too. They supplied a slip, (about half a sheet of paper) with batch number, thaw date, pharmacist, name and address. Uploaded to the GP and they added as a document on Patient Access. Have printed this, along with the appointment email for back up. Had to give pharmacist address where I’m registered with the GP and not where I’m living now. As a back up to this, printed address history from the DS-260 as evidence, should this be questioned. 

On 8/14/2024 at 9:45 PM, Melancholic Mage said:

The doctor took my X-Ray but didn't share any results with me. They instructed me to go back into the waiting room as they looked over my scans and documents at their computer. You could ask but I doubt they'd share anything. 

They send over your medical results to the embassy and recommend to give them 10 working days according to the email I received. What is in your results is hard to say. All I was told is if there's anything that requires immediate attention, they will contact you withing 5 working days after your appointment. 

Thank you for your information. Will you receive an email when they send the results of the medical exam to the embassy?

No email is sent when they send your results to the embassy. I was only told the timescale (5-10 working days via their appointment email and information sheets) and if anything urgent was found, they would call you on your provided number. 

It's been just over a week since my appointment and I haven't heard anything back. I have heard of others chasing up their medical results progress but they advise to email rather than call due to busy lines. 

Once the interview was booked, Visa Medicals then dictated the latest date for their appointment. In the unlikely event the embassy has not received the results, they’d just deny your visa until those results are obtained. Ultimately you may have a few extra days to wait for passport dispatch.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you check CEAC you can see the last day your case was updated. I just did this to check my fiance's case and it shows it was updated yesterday, making me think that they have received the medical results from last week.

I also did this after he completed his DS-160 and saw it updated when that must have been received, 

Not foolproof but it might give you peace of mind if you're looking for some. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2024 at 7:03 AM, Melancholic Mage said:

No email is sent when they send your results to the embassy. I was only told the timescale (5-10 working days via their appointment email and information sheets) and if anything urgent was found, they would call you on your provided number. 

It's been just over a week since my appointment and I haven't heard anything back. I have heard of others chasing up their medical results progress but they advise to email rather than call due to busy lines. 

Hey! I know this probably isn’t the correct thread to post, but would you be willing to post somewhere about your interview experience? It was today right? I’ve kept up with your posts because they're quite informative! Hope you had a good interview!!!

We’re both in the UK. House sell stalled,(really want it sold first) and job pushed back. All these little things that add to the move! As it’s over 6 months out, didn’t want the chance of the process timing out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.