23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Personally I am not anti-vax but I am anti-covid vax due to the fact I feel that the vaccine was too rushed and there are no long term studies on any long term side effects it may cause. 

I am a US Citizen and it is not required of me to have it,  so I refuse to take. 

Your wife however is from a different country and is trying to become a legal resident in the USA, so she does not have the same luxury to pick and choose what vaccines she and her children are willing to take. If she wants to stay here and live here with you, she has to take the vaccines that our government says she has to take. 

My husband wasn't all too happy about having to get all the vaccines that was required of him, nor did I personally think that he should have to take ones that are not required of me or that I refuse to take,  but that is just the way it is. He wants to be here with me, so he compiled and took the vaccines. 

A waiver not to take it on based on  religious grounds will be denied. You have to be against ALL vaccines due to religion. You can not cherry pick which ones your religion allows you to take. 

And the fact that the government has documentation of her  having all the previous vaccines makes makes the religion claim null and void.

Unless you have medical documentation that states that she almost died or had a severe allergic reaction from taking the previous covid  vaccine, you will probably be denied for an exemption .

She took the previous covid vaccine in a different country and would not receive the same one as she did over in Europe so maybe she might be able to tolerate the version she receives in the USA.

On 8/8/2024 at 12:41 PM, Sam Burns said:

This whole post sounds like an antivax rant, is this a real account?

If your friends and coworkers get hurt from a product and your wife almost died from it, I hope you'd be ranting about that product too, especially if it's being forced on non citizens since citizens have protections from this stuff being forced into our bodies.

On 8/8/2024 at 2:27 PM, Melancholic Mage said:

Unless your wife had a severe adverse reaction documented on her medical record, the only way around the vaccinations is on moral or religious grounds. But this is rejecting all vaccines, not just the COVID jabs. So the chance of a waiver I've heard is slim.

Plead your case during the medical by all means but unless it's documented I don't think you'll be able to slip by USCIS's immigration requirements. 

Based on comments, I'm thinking the religious waver won't work either. She can get a doctors note from Ukraine saying she had a bad reaction but she has two kids that are involved ages 10 and 13 and we don't want them to take the vaccines either. They never had COVID vaccines like my wife did. If my wife had the last of her two Pfizer shots in Feb 2023, will they make her take another shot for the green card if I begin the paperwork now?

8 hours ago, TiffAndMike said:

Personally I am not anti-vax but I am anti-covid vax due to the fact I feel that the vaccine was too rushed and there are no long term studies on any long term side effects it may cause. 

I am a US Citizen and it is not required of me to have it,  so I refuse to take. 

Your wife however is from a different country and is trying to become a legal resident in the USA, so she does not have the same luxury to pick and choose what vaccines she and her children are willing to take. If she wants to stay here and live here with you, she has to take the vaccines that our government says she has to take. 

My husband wasn't all too happy about having to get all the vaccines that was required of him, nor did I personally think that he should have to take ones that are not required of me or that I refuse to take,  but that is just the way it is. He wants to be here with me, so he compiled and took the vaccines. 

I should correct my previous comment. I'm not anti-vax, I'm anti-COVID vax, exactly as TiffAndMike describe here and for the exact same reasons. Coupled with the experience of others within my social circle being physically affected to the point their lifestyles have been altered. But I respect America and its laws. I love my husband. I'll do anything to be with him, so I got my extra jab.

There's a bit of irony in the USA being the land of the free, yet those seeking such liberties must comply to having their bodies injected. It makes perfect sense to protect those born and living on that soil and I don't argue with that in terms of vaccines. What I do argue with though is the requirement of getting a COVID booster if your last COVID jabs were over 6 months ago. There's countless statements that the first two doses are regarded as base protection. That and honestly, getting COVID jabs does not protect the populace of America anyway. Or any populace – it's meant to protect the person. It DOES NOT prevent spread.

But we can't argue with USCIS requirements.

5 hours ago, Billbus said:

Based on comments, I'm thinking the religious waver won't work either. She can get a doctors note from Ukraine saying she had a bad reaction but she has two kids that are involved ages 10 and 13 and we don't want them to take the vaccines either. They never had COVID vaccines like my wife did. If my wife had the last of her two Pfizer shots in Feb 2023, will they make her take another shot for the green card if I begin the paperwork now?

If you get a doctor's note from Ukraine regarding her bad reaction, and get it updated on her medical records, then I believe they may consider a waiver. As for your children, they'll have to get the vaccines. Unless you follow legal procedures on moral/ethical/religious grounds (which is the rejection of ALL VACCINES based on religion/beliefs) as other more experienced members have outlined, there's no getting around it. I looked myself to be honest.

Here's the vaccination requirement list by age for reference:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrant-refugee-health/media/pdfs/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-panel-physicians-p.pdf

If it helps, I've actually had three jabs in the space of one week (COVID booster, Polio, Hepatitis B) since I just had my medical a few days ago. I'm still chugging along (albeit with much fatigue) despite my immune system having absolutely no idea what's going on.

Doctors will keep an eye on you for any adverse or allergic reactions when you get your booster here. You'll be in good hands.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Billbus said:

Your situation is different than many of us in this thread. 

The IR1/CR1 threads are mainly for I-130's where our spouses are in their home countries while we wait to go through the immigration process. Our spouses will be doing their immigration interviews in other countries. 

You are doing an Adjustment of Status (AOS) because your spouse is currently in the USA. Your wife's immigration interview will be done here in the states.

The only thing that your situation has in common with ours is that you have to fill some of the same forms as we do, like the I-130. 

You will find more answers to your questions in the AOS forums here on Visa Journey. 

We can speak on the vaccines though as our spouses are required to take the same vaccines that your wife is being subjected to. 

If it has been a year or longer since she last took the covid vaccine, she will be required to have a another covid vaccine. 

As far as the kids,  I'm not sure on that one as I am not petitioning for any children and haven't looked into their vaccine requirements.

There is a set of requirements of vaccines that they are required to have though.  

And I do know that certain vaccines are required for children to attend and enroll in school. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
8 hours ago, Billbus said:

If your friends and coworkers get hurt from a product and your wife almost died from it, I hope you'd be ranting about that product too, especially if it's being forced on non citizens since citizens have protections from this stuff being forced into our bodies.

Unfortunately there’s always some side-effect with any medicine, doesn’t make the medicine bad.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It always seems these posts default to the actual vaccine etc.

For what it is worth I have been vaccinated, mind you also think I was not told the truth, the whole truth etc.

But probably would still do it again.

What I do know is that I have seen quite a few waivers applied for in Country and not seen any refused, now I do not see all of them and I do not know how well they were prepared.

Sometimes it feels like a way of collecting $1000, well it is close to that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.