panamerican

N-400 interview letter not recieved, recently moved

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

My wife's USCIS account shows her naturalization interview is scheduled for early September and the letter was mailed July 30th. We moved July 24th (one county over) and made the change of address within the 10-day window. I established USPS mail forwarding weeks before our move and set the date to July 24th, and that appears to be functioning properly for other types of mail. However, the PDF version of her interview notice is showing the old address. The same scenario happened when we moved three years ago and it seemed like USPS mail forwarding caught everything except the USCIS notification. Fortunately, the previous tenant at that location was kind enough to give it to our previous landlord.

Currently, I was able to get access to our previous mailbox via the leasing office, but found no USCIS letter. I am seeing online that some people are able to show up to the interview with a printed copy of the interview letter with no issues. My concern is that the letter shows our previous address.

Has anyone experienced this same scenario? I searched the forums, but only found folks who printed the letter with their current address.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.