Talita Redmond

What to do when the primary beneficiary of the IR needs the waiver and the dependents do not but the dependents cannot enter the country without the primary beneficiary?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Talita Redmond said:

Yeaaah and I was MARRIED!!!! I am here to asking help not be judged! It's not up to you to tell me now what I should have done years ago! I couldn't leave the country and leave my husband!!!! I was one year with my AOS pending but the USCIS never judged my case, simply 19 months of age and nothing!!!!

No one is judging you and no one is telling you what you should have done, people are merely telling you the facts.

You came here asking for help, we're doing our best to do so. No need to get angry at people who are giving you very good advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I already file the i130 for the kids and then already be approved. We are in nvc fase. I am waiting for interview scheduled and the kids I don’t sent any documents yet. I haven’t starts the waiver yet. 

Timeline

I’m not angry,but in fact some people were saying “oh why didn’t you come back, or aah in 2020 you could have come back…” there’s no way to change that… I really appreciate every piece of advice and I do need to know what to do and how to proceed because it’s a painful and very stressful process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Here is a good waiver lawyer

https://www.scottimmigration.net/

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I don't choose to leave my son! I left the United States to return to Brazil to take care of him when he got sick! Before that, I was stuck in the pandemic and soon got married and I was supposed to have my GC at six months and return to Brazil to do their process in Brazil, but that didn't happen and that's why I said I don't care anymore because I can't change the past. I already have a lawyer but I don't agree with the coldness with which he is handling my case, that's why I'm here! I said in the first comment that I didn't agree with what my lawyer said! In 2020 the exit doors WERE NOT OPEN AND THE CONSULATES WERE NOT OPEN EITHER! In 2021 the doors opened but I was already married and so it was close to being able to get my GC but that didn't happen because USCIS never refused my AOS and all the thousands of times I tried to expedite, I never got a single answer. I NEVER LEFT MY SON, I NEVER CHOSE TO LEAVE HIM, especially when he was sick, or else I wouldn't be suffering now having to go through this and a waiver or having the risk of having to send them to live with their stepfather, which would be impossible due to their psychological conditions!

Thank you all for all advices! God bless you all.

27 minutes ago, Talita Redmond said:

In 2020 the exit doors WERE NOT OPEN AND THE CONSULATES WERE NOT OPEN EITHER!

You could have left in 2020, you didn't need a consulate open to get on a flight to your home country.  If you're applying for a waiver you need to be very contrite about the reasons for your overstay and not defensive, that won't help. 

But the bottom line is you now need a waiver, and that will take a year or two. So you need to hold your kids cases at NVC until you have caught up. In the meantime you might want to explore your husband moving to be with you instead. 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

By my calculations you were in the US for about 3 years.

So to repeat myself this was nothing to do with COVID

Hopefully you appoint a really good Lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, Talita Redmond said:

Ok. My question on is not that! 

You've already had the answer to your question. 

The point is you keep saying you couldn't leave for 3 years due to Covid which isn't correct, so it's just general advice for your waiver.

Post removed for violating the following provision in TOS:

Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums.”

Please don’t tell others not to post, even if you don’t like their answers.

As the answer to the question on how to delay the kids’ cases has already been provided and discussed and to avoid further derailing, this thread is now closed. Do not restart this topic.

VJ Moderation 

Edited by powerpuff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.