Beeptweet

Rescheduling Experience/Process | Sydney or Another Embassy (Multiple merged threads)

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

OP now says they do not have an interview date yet....totally different from they said in this thread.

Hypothetical question .. answers still stand 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

@Lil bear

@Crazy Cat

I think I am not conveying my message clearly. 

At the moment I am only Documentary Completed.

I am just doing my due deligence to have an interview at a later date not any time sooner. 

Am I making sense?

Beeptweet

Timeline

1) I am only DQed at this moment.

2) I have asked NVC to not schedule my interview any time soon.

3) But I am getting usual NVC emails regarding my case status

4) I am afraid if NVC Schedule my interview soon in the Sydney Embassy

5) Then what option will I have to delay my interviews.

I do not now, If I am explaining my self correctly.

Beeptweet

Four threads on delaying an interview merged together. Creating more than one thread on a topic is considered spamming. Please keep ALL further questions on delaying an interview in this thread only.

VJ Moderation 

• powerpuff changed the title to How much delay I can make in my Interview once I get the Interview Letter for Immigrant Visa. (Multiple merged threads)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Beeptweet said:

Oh sorry for that:

* also looking for option to NOT have my interview anytime soon.

I missed to type NOT.

As long as NVC has the case, you contact them.  Once an interview date is scheduled, you contact the consulate.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Beeptweet said:

1) I am only DQed at this moment.

2) I have asked NVC to not schedule my interview any time soon.

3) But I am getting usual NVC emails regarding my case status

4) I am afraid if NVC Schedule my interview soon in the Sydney Embassy

5) Then what option will I have to delay my interviews.

I do not now, If I am explaining my self correctly.

1. Yes i understand 

2. This may or may not be successful. You have done what you can with NVC

3. You will. This is automated . 
4. They might.  

5. If this happens you will need to be in contact with the Consulate. They may or may not do what you want them to. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You changed the country from Pakistan to Australia?

If u do want to delay the interview as said in last post,  keep it in Pakistan as the wait time is probably a year and then the AP time for extended security checks is months and months (can also be another year)  giving u the 2 year commitment u need for present obligations

You can search timelines, although that does rely on people having filled theirs in (please do yours!!).  I can only find 4 other EB2 applicants in Australia and 3 of those are old cases. 

It'll certainly be a lot quicker than Islamabad though, so you might want to transfer back again if you wish to delay! 

Timeline

Is it not enough to just write the NVC to not schedule my interview.

I have recently moved from Pak to Aus.

now again when l ask them to move Aus to Pak.

l am afraid if may pissed them off.

Beeptweet

Just now, Beeptweet said:

@appleblossom

Yes I will fill that soon.

Can you check the PDs for the ones who are waiting here in AU.

You can check it yourself - top of the page, immigration timelines, filter by type/location. 

You should have delayed things at the NVC stage and not got DQ'ed, but that ship has sailed now. Maybe get the visa and then file for a re-entry permit instead if you're not ready to move?

Timeline

@JeanneAdil

thank you for your response. I have recently moved from Pakistan to Australia. 

1) I am not sure going back from Australia to Pakistan is normal.

2) and in future if there is a huge backlog in Pakistan and I wish to move back to Australia, would that be also normal at that time?

3) Ali I have done some homework and I found that when your PD is current so after every two months you will get a cyclic notification from the NVC. I have confirmed this from some of the applicants of EB2 NIW and I believe that I will gonna get that message until I get the interview later from the NVC.

4) at the moment I assume that on every cyclic message from the NVC regarding my interview scheduling with the Sydney embassy. I should contact through enquiry reminding them that I do not want to schedule my interview any time soon. I am not sure how effective that would be.

Beeptweet

Timeline
1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

You can check it yourself - top of the page, immigration timelines, filter by type/location. 

You should have delayed things at the NVC stage and not got DQ'ed, but that ship has sailed now. Maybe get the visa and then file for a re-entry permit instead if you're not ready to move?

Thank you for the response. yes, that makes sense to me. At this stage, I am trying to delay things via:

1) NVC (if that not works)

2) Via Syendey Embassy (if that also does not work)

3) Take the visa and have a re-entry permit.

Also, going back to the Pakistan Embassy seems so risky to me as the Australian Embassy is very responsive. I do not believe that someone from that embassy will talk to me.

Additionally: Would you think it`s okay to send NVC a public inquiry every 2 months that I am not ready to have an interview appointment in an overseas embassy due to my professional commitments? I am planning to attach the status update email from NVC which is an automated message.

Beeptweet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 hours ago, Beeptweet said:

@JeanneAdil

thank you for your response. I have recently moved from Pakistan to Australia. 

1) I am not sure going back from Australia to Pakistan is normal.

2) and in future if there is a huge backlog in Pakistan and I wish to move back to Australia, would that be also normal at that time?

3) Ali I have done some homework and I found that when your PD is current so after every two months you will get a cyclic notification from the NVC. I have confirmed this from some of the applicants of EB2 NIW and I believe that I will gonna get that message until I get the interview later from the NVC.

4) at the moment I assume that on every cyclic message from the NVC regarding my interview scheduling with the Sydney embassy. I should contact through enquiry reminding them that I do not want to schedule my interview any time soon. I am not sure how effective that would be.

it will not matter where u interview,  being from Pakistan means u will go into long AP after any interview while the embassy does the additional security checks 

Cyclic notification from NVC evey 2 months?   I didn't and never heard of this before / u do need to inform NVC during the 1st year that u want to keep your petition open but NVC does not have to respond 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.