Beeptweet

Rescheduling Experience/Process | Sydney or Another Embassy (Multiple merged threads)

51 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/23/2024 at 5:42 AM, Beeptweet said:

Category: EB2 NIW

Current Status: l am DQed
Next Step: NVC will schedule interview at Sydney Embassy

Query: Can l ask NVC to not schedule interview for 2 years due to my professional commitments.

Explaining my circumstances more clearly.

Category: EB2 NIW

Priority Date: Current.

Current Status: At NVC and Documentary completed.

Previously the case was in Pakistan Embassy Islamabad but when I moved to Australia I changed my Embassy.

Likely Scenario: NVC will transfer the case to the Sydney Embassy in order to schedule my immigrant visa interview.

Desired Scenario: Due to my current professional commitments I now want to delay my case for years, as I do not want to move USA any time soon. I understand that this would be much easier if I was not DQed, but that boat has been sailed. 

Now I have done the following actions to freeze my case:

1) I contacted to NVC via public inquiry that due to my professional commitments, I want to hold my interview for 2 years. Upon which NVC replied to me with a general message "Thankyou for contacting NVC and make sure to maintain contact with NVC with 1 year communication rule" I am not sure if NVC is currently taking my request seriously of not.

2) I contacted to Sydney Embassy for the same. Although I do not have any interview letter nor my case is currently in the Sydney embassy as a safe side I rang them with my intentions to which the Sydney Embassy replied: "Your case is not with us, we can not help you in this regards. Also they suggest to contact NVC via public inquiry".

3) When your PD is current, so NVC sends an automated update every 60 days stating the status of your case and whether it is in the NVC or they have scheduled an interview or not. This is a cyclic Email for every case. So 2 days back I received an Email that your case is in NVC and will schedule an interview when a visa is available. So, today, I again wrote to NVC via Public Inquiry attaching the same cyclic email and again requesting the same to delay my interview. Since my case is in the NVC so I believe it is my only option to write NVC and try to hold my case as much as possible in the NVC office.

I assume that in future, I can or shall take the following steps to freeze my case:

1) Waiting for the response of NVC for the query that I have just raised today, (Its the second request to NVC to hold my case).

2) Trying to look for people who are currently in the queue at the Sydney embassy for their interview regarding immigrant visas. So that I might be able to predict my interview timeline may be.

3) Keep writing to NVC public inquiry every 60 days, till my case remains in the NVC but I am not sure.

4) If NVC still manages to send my case to the Sydney embassy despite my repeated requests. I will start contacting to Sydney embassy requesting to freeze my interview but:

1. I am not sure How much time I can buy at the Embassy stage.
  2. If I do not show up at the Embassy on the interview day and after that I try to reschedule the interview. I have no idea about the outcome of this step.
  3. If I ask the Sydney Embassy to send back again my case to Pakistan from Australia to buy more time. I have no idea about the outcome of this step.
  4. Show my proofs to the Sydney embassy for all the previous requests I have made with NVC for delaying my case.
  5. I will seek more guidance regarding the procedure to delay an interview at embassy stage.

5) https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/SYD-Sydney.html on this link it is mentioned that:

"Rescheduling or cancelling your interview

For some family-based and employment preference visa categories and the Diversity Lottery Program, a visa became available within the month your interview was scheduled. There is no guarantee that a visa will still be available if you choose to reschedule your interview. Please carefully consult the Visa Bulletin before you request to reschedule your interview.

To reschedule or cancel your appointment, please click here to contact our office. Visa interviews typically occur on Tuesday mornings only. Please note, not all requests can be met."

So I belive I should not expect much from the embassy.

6) This I guess can be the last scenario that I take my Visa, plan to USA for 2 months, file a re-entry permit (for which I need to learn the process and the duration of leaves I need to ask from my employer). If I get that I can have a delay for 2 years in my case.

If you still reading all this, thank you very much. I would be happy if you connect and advise me. 

Beeptweet

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

it will not matter where u interview,  being from Pakistan means u will go into long AP after any interview while the embassy does the additional security checks 

Cyclic notification from NVC evey 2 months?   I didn't and never heard of this before / u do need to inform NVC during the 1st year that u want to keep your petition open but NVC does not have to respond 

Yes, I have confirmed this from the other applicants of this Visa Category.

When the PD is current every 60 days or 180 days they send this applicant that what is the case update. Either the case is still sitting in the NVC or they have issued the interview letter.

I can share the format of that Email it seems an automated message.

Regarding asking NVC to move the case again to Pakistan I feel a bit risky in terms of:

1. What if NVC rejects the case are you serious or playing with us as its been only 2 months since I moved my case from Pakistan to Sydney? Also, I have a feeling that the Sydney Embassy is more response than the Pakistani Embassy. But I am not sure. 
  2. I am not sure but is there a possibility that I ask the Sydney Embassy to transfer my case to Pakistan instead of asking to NVC? As currently I have already requested NVC to delay my case and not schedule any interview in the Embassy 2 times. I am not sure if they listen to my request or not.

Refer to below detailed post to clearly understand my circumstances:

Beeptweet

Timeline

Hi all, connecting in regards to know about the rescheduling process/experience/tips/Dos&Don`ts.

I am looking forward for an interview letter for the Employment Category. My case is currently at the National Visa Center and is awaiting for an interview in the Embassy of Sydney. I would be thankful if you share your experience for the Sydney embassy, but I assume your experience despite from any other embassy will also help me in my planning. 

At the moment I am recently shifted in another country other than USA, and aim to buy some time from the Embassy of Sydney when ever I got my Interview letter. I have read the instructions on the Sydney consulate website, and there mentioned an email address where I need to Email.

1) I need guidance what should be an ideal draft requesting for a reschedule with maximum delay in the interview date.

2) I assume when I drop an Email regarding the cancellation and rescheduling email to the Embassy they will sent me an automated message, stating that we have received your request and out team will get back to you. It is so?

3) After they I assume they will sent me instruction to reschedule a date on the USVisaschedulling.com website where I might have an interactive calendar to book a desirable date. Is it so?

4) I assume on that interactive calendar I will have some available slots, may be after 1 to 2 months delay only. Is there any possibility that I can have a date available with a longer delay?

5) I need guidance on, lets assume I have rescheduled and interview date, that is my 2nd attempt to appear for the interview. If I again try to reschedule this time what are the consequences?

Other than that I am here to lear from your valuable experience. I tried to google about this but did not find any transparent procedure. Also I assume very few are people like me whose circumstances would me similar. 

Anyways, have a good one. looking forwards for your responses.

Beeptweet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

*****Another similar thread merged after instructions not to repost****This is considered spamming***

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• powerpuff changed the title to Rescheduling Experience/Process | Sydney or Another Embassy (Multiple merged threads)

That’s a lot of assumptions and hypotheticals and perhaps you couldn’t find anything because nobody had this experience before. It sounds like you just have bite the bullet and go ahead and try to reschedule and see what happens.

If you have to reschedule the second time, I imagine the Consulate will not be happy and will conclude you’re not that interested in the visa. Sounds like you’ll have to make some difficult choices and choose either the US route or the other job. Sometimes we can’t have it all 

Edited by powerpuff

Timeline
9 hours ago, powerpuff said:

That’s a lot of assumptions and hypotheticals and perhaps you couldn’t find anything because nobody had this experience before. It sounds like you just have bite the bullet and go ahead and try to reschedule and see what happens.

If you have to reschedule the second time, I imagine the Consulate will not be happy and will conclude you’re not that interested in the visa. Sounds like you’ll have to make some difficult choices and choose either the US route or the other job. Sometimes we can’t have it all 

@powerpuff

thank you very much for your thoughts that I’m gonna be scheduled interview for the next time so it will definitely give a negative impression to the immigration officer that I am really not interested to settle permanently and United States. This is exactly the logical statement I had in my mind. I am just trying to search anyone who has gone through all this.

Regarding your opinion about the too much thoughts and hypotheticals, I can understand that it is really uncommon and a very rare circumstance, maybe up till then I got my interview. My circumstances might have changed and at that time I might be eager to move permanently in United States. Posting this over here with all my thoughts because mostly the people are not very well in sharing their experiences because as when we moved to the new country we have so much to do in our next phases that we might not keep up with these posts and share experiences. so I’m trying to make a log, if I may or may not find someone with the similar experiences.

I respect the platform is really knowledgeable members and I’m very supportive community which is different compare to other social platforms. I apologise for my knowledge and sharing too much as these are my initial days here and may be l am not very well organised to search my desired outcome.

THANK YOU!

Beeptweet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.