Beeptweet

Rescheduling Experience/Process | Sydney or Another Embassy (Multiple merged threads)

51 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Beeptweet said:

Do you get cyclic Emails from NVC after getting DQued till the interview is scheduled for the Immigrant Visa, as I have already received this sort of email before?

Email Content:

"This notice is to inform you that your case for an immigrant visa is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center (NVC) and has been since xxxdatexxx.  NVC has received all of the fees, forms and documents required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview. Your petition is awaiting an interview appointment. At this time, no further action is required.  We appreciate your patience.

Your case will remain at NVC until an appointment is scheduled, at which time we will send it to the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.  We will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate tells NVC which dates they are holding interviews. NVC fills these appointments on a first-in, first-out basis and is unable to predict when an interview will be scheduled.

For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov.

The next communication you receive from NVC will be either a notice that your appointment is scheduled, or if an appointment is not scheduled within the next 60 days, we will send a notice confirming that your case is still in line for an interview.

Important: The applicant should not make any permanent financial commitments until they have received their immigrant visa. This includes activities such as:
-       Selling a house, car or property,
-       Resigning from a job, or;
-       Making other travel arrangements.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Regards,

National Visa Center"

Yes, until you get an interview. I think they’re sent out every 60 days. Islamabad has a long wait for interviews, so if that’s your consulate you’ll probably get that email quite a few times. 

Good luck. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, until you get an interview. I think they’re sent out every 60 days. Islamabad has a long wait for interviews, so if that’s your consulate you’ll probably get that email quite a few times. 

Good luck. 

That's what the notice says , yes 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Background: My immigrant visa case is at NVC currently, ready to schedule an interview in Embassy.

Objective: I have write NVC not to schedule an interview for next 2 years due to may professional commitments. 

Current Status: Receiving cyclic NVC email after 60 days period that your case is ready for an interview and we will schedule when a slot is available.

Risk: Despite asking NVC, to not schedule my interview, NVC assign me an interview slot.

Question: Once I got the interview letter, means my case is at Consulate. How much delay I can make in my interview date? 

Beeptweet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Beeptweet said:

Background: My immigrant visa case is at NVC currently, ready to schedule an interview in Embassy.

Objective: I have write NVC not to schedule an interview for next 2 years due to may professional commitments. 

Current Status: Receiving cyclic NVC email after 60 days period that your case is ready for an interview and we will schedule when a slot is available.

Risk: Despite asking NVC, to not schedule my interview, NVC assign me an interview slot.

Question: Once I got the interview letter, means my case is at Consulate. How much delay I can make in my interview date? 

It will now be up to the Consulate to determine.  Email the Syd consulate using your case number as the title line. They are usually pretty responsive 

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Beeptweet said:

Thank you for your suggestion. I called them and they replied me that your case is not with us. 

If NVC gave you an interview date, your case in enroute to the consulate.  Only the consulate can change the date after NVC assigns it.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Beeptweet said:

@Crazy Cat thank you for your comment, but my question is different.

As @Lil bear said, only the consulate can change your interview date.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

@Lil bear Thankyou for your response. I tried to connect with the Sydney Embassy regarding delaying my interview. They sent me a message through the US Visa Scheduling portal stating that they can not do much as the case is at NVC. I am not sure about my future steps. 

Thanks for again for your quick response.

Beeptweet

Timeline

I am not sure about my future steps. 

Thanks for again for your quick response.

You wait a week and contact the consulate again. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline

Hi Guys!

Hope this message finds you well. I am trying to connect with people waiting for Visa Interview in Sydney Embassy for the EB2 NIW category. 

My DQ date is 30 May 2024. I am trying to predict the interview date. I am new to this website, and now sure how can I connect with people who are with me in the same boat.

Would be happy if any one can connect/introduce/advise.

Beeptweet

Timeline

I am trying to predict the interview date.

In your other thread, you said you have already been given an interview date. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Then you wait another week  .. repeat .. until they have the case in hand 

OP now says they do not have an interview date yet....

Edited by Crazy Cat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.