Beeptweet

Rescheduling Experience/Process | Sydney or Another Embassy (Multiple merged threads)

51 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Category: EB2 NIW

Current Status: l am DQed
Next Step: NVC will schedule interview at Sydney Embassy

Query: Can l ask NVC to not schedule interview for 2 years due to my professional commitments.

Beeptweet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This may be helpful.  You can delay cases at NVC indefinitely, but you may need to add newer documents along the way.  I don’t think being DQ’d matters, but others may know better.  Have you filled out the DS260 yet?

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
22 hours ago, Dashinka said:

This may be helpful.  You can delay cases at NVC indefinitely, but you may need to add newer documents along the way.  I don’t think being DQ’d matters, but others may know better.  Have you filled out the DS260 yet?

Good Luck!

Hello,

Thank you so much for tagging relevant post. It’s really helpful.

yes l have filled the DS-260 long a go. I am doing online consular processing long ago.

Beeptweet

21 minutes ago, Sidd.W said:

Hello,

Thank you so much for tagging relevant post. It’s really helpful.

yes l have filled the DS-260 long a go. I am doing online consular processing long ago.

What's your Priority Date? Please fill in your timeline, there aren't many of us EB applicants around so the more we have the better, thanks.

And where were you born?

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline
Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2024 at 5:42 AM, Sidd.W said:

Category: EB2 NIW

Current Status: l am DQed
Next Step: NVC will schedule interview at Sydney Embassy

Query: Can l ask NVC to not schedule interview for 2 years due to my professional commitments.

PD Sep 22

Pakistan

l will fill it up soon.

Edited by Sidd.W

Beeptweet

24 minutes ago, Sidd.W said:

PD Sep 22

Pakistan

l will fill it up soon.

Pakistan has a very long wait for interviews anyway, it's a couple of years I think - so you may not need to delay anything. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Pakistan has a very long wait for interviews anyway, it's a couple of years I think - so you may not need to delay anything. 

Yes, I knew about Pakistan. But In Pakistan, my DQ was pending for a long time so I moved my embassy to Australia. After moving to Au I thought it was safe to hold and get things ready whenever I needed them. I am not sure if I did it right or not.

Beeptweet

24 minutes ago, Sidd.W said:

Yes, I knew about Pakistan. But In Pakistan, my DQ was pending for a long time so I moved my embassy to Australia. After moving to Au I thought it was safe to hold and get things ready whenever I needed them. I am not sure if I did it right or not.

Oh, sorry, I misread. Your time to DQ had nothing to do with the consulate though, that’s done by NVC

Timeline

Hi,

I am new to this community so not sure, whether I am posting it right or not.

History:

1. PD is Current at the moment, lodge petition for EB2 NIW, from Pakistan.
  2. July 2022, petition approved.
  3. 2022, received NVC welcome letter for ISB Embassy.
  4. 2022, submitted DS-260 with in 2 months of the welcome letter.
  5. 2023, I migrated to Australia and moved my case to Australia.
  6. June 2024, I became documentary qualified and received a notice by NVC that they will schedule an interview for me in the Sydney Embassy of Australia.
  7. Currently, case status is showing on website as "AT NVC".
  8. July 2024, I requested NVC via public inquiry to not schedule my interview for next 1 to 2 years due to my professional commitments.
  9. July 2024, received usual response from NVC stating "thanks for contacting NVC and please contact NVC with in a year as its required to keep your case active"
  10. I contacted Australian Embassy 3 days ago, for the same inquiry but have not received any response from them. 

Since, I am not in a position to settle again to another country at the moment, therefore wanted to hold my case in NVC, and do not pursue unless we are ready for this step. I am posting to have your opinion for;

1. Am I on the right track?
  2. Do I need to take any other step other than maintaining yearly contact with NVC?
  3. Are there any risks?
    1. I have read that sometime NVC closes the case for which I need to prove my 1 year contact with them?
    2. Is there a possibility that NVC will forward my case to Embassy even after my latest correspondence with them?

Remember me in your wishes.

Thank you.

Beeptweet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1 yes

2 Keep excellent records of ALL contact with NVC and consulate correspondence .. hard copies and electronic records. Don’t rely on one form of contact every 12 months .. even if it’s the same “ reminder” sent several times each year , and putting a new document on your case at NVC each year 

3.  Yep. People are people and known to not read the notes fully .. If it gets sent to Sydney then you need to be very active with them in holding your case. 

Timeline

@Lil bear

thank you for your helpful advice. Can you please elaborate your point number two? what do you mean by putting a new document to your NVC case? Do you mean I need to send a document to NVC via express courier?

Beeptweet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Beeptweet said:

@Lil bear

thank you for your helpful advice. Can you please elaborate your point number two? what do you mean by putting a new document to your NVC case? Do you mean I need to send a document to NVC via express courier?

Use whatever method you used when you submitted your documents to NVC. Post or upload 

Timeline

Do you get cyclic Emails from NVC after getting DQued till the interview is scheduled for the Immigrant Visa, as I have already received this sort of email before?

Email Content:

"This notice is to inform you that your case for an immigrant visa is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center (NVC) and has been since xxxdatexxx.  NVC has received all of the fees, forms and documents required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview. Your petition is awaiting an interview appointment. At this time, no further action is required.  We appreciate your patience.

Your case will remain at NVC until an appointment is scheduled, at which time we will send it to the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.  We will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate tells NVC which dates they are holding interviews. NVC fills these appointments on a first-in, first-out basis and is unable to predict when an interview will be scheduled.

For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov.

The next communication you receive from NVC will be either a notice that your appointment is scheduled, or if an appointment is not scheduled within the next 60 days, we will send a notice confirming that your case is still in line for an interview.

Important: The applicant should not make any permanent financial commitments until they have received their immigrant visa. This includes activities such as:
-       Selling a house, car or property,
-       Resigning from a job, or;
-       Making other travel arrangements.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Regards,

National Visa Center"

Beeptweet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.