Ray9867

Is job/employment letter required for EB3-Unskilled visa interview?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I came across a requirement in the checklist for additional documents provided by the US Embassy for immigrant visa interviews that states:
"For employment-based visa applications: Letter from your U.S. employer dated less than one month ago."

I'm preparing for my interview for consular processing overseas for I-140 under the EB-3 unskilled worker category. Both my I-140 petition and PERM labor certification are approved. However, I'm concerned about the employer letter requirement. 

Currently, my employer does not have any job openings and is not providing a job offer letter. With my interview scheduled in about 25 days, I'm unsure if this letter is mandatory for my visa interview. Can anyone clarify whether the employer letter is essential in this situation, and if there are any alternatives or additional steps I should consider except for starting from scratch?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Moved to Work Visas***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This makes very little sense, if your Employer has no job opening how is your Employer your Employer.

Their Lawyer should have ensured you have all the documentation needed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I am certainly no authority in this area, but everything I have seen in my limited research says a full-time job offer is required. I don't know how you get around that.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

6 hours ago, Rayyan9867 said:

I came across a requirement in the checklist for additional documents provided by the US Embassy for immigrant visa interviews that states:
"For employment-based visa applications: Letter from your U.S. employer dated less than one month ago."

I'm preparing for my interview for consular processing overseas for I-140 under the EB-3 unskilled worker category. Both my I-140 petition and PERM labor certification are approved. However, I'm concerned about the employer letter requirement. 

Currently, my employer does not have any job openings and is not providing a job offer letter. With my interview scheduled in about 25 days, I'm unsure if this letter is mandatory for my visa interview. Can anyone clarify whether the employer letter is essential in this situation, and if there are any alternatives or additional steps I should consider except for starting from scratch?

Yes, a job offer is absolutely required. I don't understand how the I-140 or labour cert have been approved if you don't have a job offer? 

Timeline

What was the job? What is you area of expertise?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, Boiler said:

This makes very little sense, if your Employer has no job opening how is your Employer your Employer.

Their Lawyer should have ensured you have all the documentation needed.

We started the process in 2020 and at that time the employer had facility and job opening in the city. That is how everything got approved and the case proceeded. Fast forward to 2024, we have our interview coming up and I asked now for the job offer letter that is, according to the requirement, has to be dated less than one month ago. Now I am getting to know that the employer has closed down the facility and has no job opening in that city and neither the lawyer nor the employer communicated any of this during the whole timeframe. 

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

What was the job? What is you area of expertise?

The job is of food service worker

3 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

I am certainly no authority in this area, but everything I have seen in my limited research says a full-time job offer is required. I don't know how you get around that.

There was a full time job offer that we had which got all the process done and to the interview and now there is no offer since they closed the facility (maybe due to covid not sure) and we had no control over it nor were informed of this when this happened.  

Timeline

Sponsoring someone to immigrate is not cheap, I am very surprised they have take things so lackadaisically. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, a job offer is absolutely required. I don't understand how the I-140 or labour cert have been approved if you don't have a job offer? 

Yes there was a job offer that got everything done but now the job offer is not there due to the facility closing down without our prior knowledge.

Edited by Ray9867

Timeline

Well at least you know what the deal is.

48 minutes ago, Ray9867 said:

Yes there was a job offer that got everything done but now the job offer is not there due to the facility closing down without our prior knowledge.

Then you're no longer eligible for a visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If there is no job, then there is no employer. 

Were you not provided with a contract before starting this process? 

💌I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03 

⚠️NOA1: 2024-04-17

RFE: 2024-06-05

⚠️NOA2: 2024-08-02

📤USCIS to NVC: 2024-08-28

📤NVC to Embassy: 2024-09-24

📥Embassy Received: 2024-09-30

⚕️Medical:

📋K1 Interview:

🪪K1 Visa Received: 

🛬POE:

💒Married:

8 hours ago, smilingstone said:

If there is no job, then there is no employer. 

Were you not provided with a contract before starting this process? 

Yes, we do have a contract in form that is the PERM form and I-140 approval. Apart from that, they did not provide any other paper.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.