SourisMigratey

Help needed! Our case has been skipped! CR1 Visa

23 posts in this topic

Hi,

We need any advice/help.

I am an applicant for a CR1 visa, and we were documentarily qualified on the 11th April. We still haven't received an interview letter. This is despite others DQd months after us getting their letters. I am worried, because all of my documents/vaccinations will soon go out of date again.

We can see on the portal that our case is still at the NVC, even though it should progress to the London embassy to begin the process of arranging an interview after a week or so (IL to be sent a month or so later). This indicates an error with the system or that our case is lost in someone's inbox, etc.

We have tried emailing the NVC, but every email gets a generic template response - our situation looks too much like someone just complaining of a delay, rather than highlighting an issue with a lost case.

I have also tried calling the embassy, but their reps are incredibly rude, and don't have much information or means of contacting the NVC.

We have also informed our congressman, however, they are now receiving the same generic responses from the NVC/embassy as us.

Is there anything else we can do? We are in a difficult situation regarding jobs, flat etc. alongside this!

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sue

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Have you USC spouse contact their Senator or US House member.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Sue

Yes, thats what I'm thinking. It seems to be the only option left for us at this point if the representative can't get any further. Will have to look into how best to go about it.

40 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Have you USC spouse contact their Senator or US House member.

My wife has already made contact with her representative. Frustratingly, the rep is getting the same responses as us.

The NVC just won't investigate further.

4 hours ago, SourisMigratey said:

Hi,

We need any advice/help.

I am an applicant for a CR1 visa, and we were documentarily qualified on the 11th April. We still haven't received an interview letter. This is despite others DQd months after us getting their letters. I am worried, because all of my documents/vaccinations will soon go out of date again.

We can see on the portal that our case is still at the NVC, even though it should progress to the London embassy to begin the process of arranging an interview after a week or so (IL to be sent a month or so later). This indicates an error with the system or that our case is lost in someone's inbox, etc.

We have tried emailing the NVC, but every email gets a generic template response - our situation looks too much like someone just complaining of a delay, rather than highlighting an issue with a lost case.

I have also tried calling the embassy, but their reps are incredibly rude, and don't have much information or means of contacting the NVC.

We have also informed our congressman, however, they are now receiving the same generic responses from the NVC/embassy as us.

Is there anything else we can do? We are in a difficult situation regarding jobs, flat etc. alongside this!

Thank you!

The same appears to have happened to me on the EB side too. Most IL letters sent out on Tuesday have covered people qualified up to 2 months after me. 

I have queried with NVC and so far they have not bothered to even reply. I’m hoping someone has recognised the error and is sorting it, however I won’t hold my breath.

i hope you get a successful outcome. 

19 hours ago, PACMAN82 said:

The same appears to have happened to me on the EB side too. Most IL letters sent out on Tuesday have covered people qualified up to 2 months after me. 

I have queried with NVC and so far they have not bothered to even reply. I’m hoping someone has recognised the error and is sorting it, however I won’t hold my breath.

You were a transfer from another consulate though, so it will take a bit longer. 

@SourisMigratey, just checking but your spouse is a USC, not Green card holder? And your case won’t usually be transferred until after you have an IL, so don’t worry if it still says it’s at NVC. Normally it’s IL, then status changes to ‘in transit’, then finally ‘ready’. 

Edited by appleblossom

19 hours ago, PACMAN82 said:

I'm sorry to hear you're in the same position too - although it's good to know we're not the only ones, so hopefully when they realise, we'll all get issued the IL!

Thanks, hope it works out for you too!

19 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

You were a transfer from another consulate though, so it will take a bit longer. 

@SourisMigratey, just checking but your spouse is a USC, not Green card holder? And your case won’t usually be transferred until after you have an IL, so don’t worry if it still says it’s at NVC. Normally it’s IL, then status changes to ‘in transit’, then finally ‘ready’. 

@appleblossom My spouse is a USC, yep. Ah okay, I didn't realise that - that gives me some hope that it's just a delay rather than an error with the system (which could last forever). How long does it take for the status change to happen? Is it once you've selected an interview date it goes to 'ready'?

36 minutes ago, SourisMigratey said:

@appleblossom My spouse is a USC, yep. Ah okay, I didn't realise that - that gives me some hope that it's just a delay rather than an error with the system (which could last forever). How long does it take for the status change to happen? Is it once you've selected an interview date it goes to 'ready'?

No, after that. Mine changed to 'in transit' a couple of days after I received my IL, they don't send your file until the interview has been scheduled. It was then 'ready' about 2 days after that IIRC.

Odd if your spouse is a USC though. Standard case, you haven't transferred from another consulate or anything like that? And the date on your DQ email is definitely 11th April?

On 8/3/2024 at 4:26 PM, appleblossom said:

This didn't prove to be an issue for the case that transferred to London 7wks after me. They already have an interview (And yes I am current and have been for 8 months). It appears it's just a lottery as to whether you get an interview or not. I have queried with NVC and they just send a copy and paste of the same email which ironically quotes "We will schedule your case for an interview appointment when an appointment date is available.  We schedule appointments on a first in, first out basis." 

This obviously is not the case. 

7 minutes ago, PACMAN82 said:

This didn't prove to be an issue for the case that transferred to London 7wks after me. They already have an interview (And yes I am current and have been for 8 months). It appears it's just a lottery as to whether you get an interview or not. I have queried with NVC and they just send a copy and paste of the same email which ironically quotes "We will schedule your case for an interview appointment when an appointment date is available.  We schedule appointments on a first in, first out basis." 

This obviously is not the case. 

Were they also an EB-2 case? 

On 8/3/2024 at 4:27 PM, appleblossom said:

No, after that. Mine changed to 'in transit' a couple of days after I received my IL, they don't send your file until the interview has been scheduled. It was then 'ready' about 2 days after that IIRC.

Odd if your spouse is a USC though. Standard case, you haven't transferred from another consulate or anything like that? And the date on your DQ email is definitely 11th April?

Yeah, perhaps it's not the error on the system I thought it was. But either way, a ridiculous delay. 

No we haven't transferred and we definitely got the DQ email on 11th April. 

The congressman we reached out to has said that they'll contact the NVC again this week. Fingers crossed! 

16 minutes ago, SourisMigratey said:

Yeah, perhaps it's not the error on the system I thought it was. But either way, a ridiculous delay. 

No we haven't transferred and we definitely got the DQ email on 11th April. 

The congressman we reached out to has said that they'll contact the NVC again this week. Fingers crossed! 

OK and you are a London applicant? I assume so from where you've posted but just checking. If you could fill in your timeline it would be super helpful. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.