Rosaly

Enter US on the K1 Visa

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey hello, its me again😁

I have been reading experiences from others here, and i get mixed info again, so...Questions,

Do i have to make a note somewhere in my booking for my flight to the states that i will be traveling on a K1?

Do i maybe have to say this at the desk when i go to check in at the day of my flight? 

In Which line do i stand at the port of entry? Citizens or other? 

I Just also Checked the status of My ESTA, It is somehow still Valid and i now wonder if there may be any confusion down the line.

For some reason i feel i need to wear a Neon sign alerting everyone im using a K1 😂

How does this part work?

Edited by Rosaly

I-129F - 2023, September 28

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

NVC Case# - 2024, April 19

Consulate Received - 2024, April 25

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

P3 & P4 received - 2024, May 16

Medical exam - 2024, June 7

Interview - 2024, July 12, APPROVED!

Visa Issued - 2024, July 16

Visa Received - 2024, July 18

US Entry - 2024, August 24

Wedding planned - 2024, Oktober 31

To be continued...

💖

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

To my knowledge, other than showing the check in clerk your valid visa allowing you to enter the U.S. you do not have to wear a badge saying “K1”.  As to US CBP, you go through the visitor line to the best of my knowledge, but usually there are liaison officers in the entry area of the airports that you can ask for sure when you arrive.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Thank you!

Ill make sure to show the Visa page when checking in, and to ask where to go stand in line at arrival.

I was expecting the K1 having a document number i had to enter when booking. But there was no options for that, nor a box to give extra info from my side.

What you say makes sense now, haha. i gotta chill🤣

Wearing a Badge was a joke of course 🤭

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

To be continued...

💖

Timeline

Just to make sure...

The envelope i got from the consulate is sufficient information, yes?

I do not have to bring any additional paperwork again?

Or do I need to bring all originals of everything I brought to the interview yet again?

Some papers are important enough I will bring them anyway, like my birth certificate.  Seems like something I would need at some point.

But do I need to assemble a packet with information again? Do I need to bring proof again?

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

To be continued...

💖

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I believe it is just like a normal trip to the US, your K1 Visa in your passport is proof of your permission to enter on a one-way ticket. :) I am also 99% sure you will not enter in the US Citizen line as you need to be properly inspected and admitted into the US. They usually have the USC line moving faster since they don't have to ask the same questions.

That packet is 'the' copy of your USCIS file, and I believe it would have anything they need. At least that is what I found in my research.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I also did the K1 visa and everything was very easy at the airport✈️

Go to the visitor´s line and when you are with the CBP officer just tell them that you are entering with a K1 visa, give them your passport and the K1 visa packet

They will open the packet to see the documents, see your passport, stamp it (near the visa page) and maybe ask you when you get married or something similar🛂

That was my experience, very smooth. I know you are worried (I also was) but believe me, its going to be ok♥️

Make sure your I94 says you entered as a K1 visa🚨

Timeline
On 8/4/2024 at 5:49 PM, Elays said:

I also did the K1 visa and everything was very easy at the airport✈️

Go to the visitor´s line and when you are with the CBP officer just tell them that you are entering with a K1 visa, give them your passport and the K1 visa packet

They will open the packet to see the documents, see your passport, stamp it (near the visa page) and maybe ask you when you get married or something similar🛂

That was my experience, very smooth. I know you are worried (I also was) but believe me, its going to be ok♥️

Make sure your I94 says you entered as a K1 visa🚨

Did they not bring you to one of those rooms in the back? what's it called...Secundary? I've read storier of people who had to wait there for like 2 hours before anyone got to them 😱

Also: The CBP officer has to put in that info About entering on a K1 right? That's just something i'd need to check later?

Because the I94 is electronic and Phones at the customs area are not allowed, so i can not check it right away.🤔

😬Not knowing the situation is what makes me nervous the most🤣 At least the airport is familiar

I've always traveled over Atlanta and the last time the guy didn't even look at my passport. Face recognition was sufficient apparently 🤣

I had a cheaper option when it came to tickets, but i paid more so i could fly over Altanta again, so i'd have at least something familiar upon arriving 😂

Not having to figure out where to go and how tot get there at an unfamiliar airport on top on being nervous on being there on a K1 is helpful 🤭

I have a connecting flight. and i made sure to book extra time for the lay over. 5 hours is enough yes? (well 4 hours and 51 minutes, but you get the point)

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

To be continued...

💖

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I believe I saw another post where they said 4 hours was sufficient layover time :) my fiance will be flying in with a layover too ~fingers crossed~

Just remember that your POE is your first US airport. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
7 hours ago, Rosaly said:

Did they not bring you to one of those rooms in the back? what's it called...Secundary? I've read storier of people who had to wait there for like 2 hours before anyone got to them 😱

Also: The CBP officer has to put in that info About entering on a K1 right? That's just something i'd need to check later?

Because the I94 is electronic and Phones at the customs area are not allowed, so i can not check it right away.🤔

😬Not knowing the situation is what makes me nervous the most🤣 At least the airport is familiar

I've always traveled over Atlanta and the last time the guy didn't even look at my passport. Face recognition was sufficient apparently 🤣

I had a cheaper option when it came to tickets, but i paid more so i could fly over Altanta again, so i'd have at least something familiar upon arriving 😂

Not having to figure out where to go and how tot get there at an unfamiliar airport on top on being nervous on being there on a K1 is helpful 🤭

I have a connecting flight. and i made sure to book extra time for the lay over. 5 hours is enough yes? (well 4 hours and 51 minutes, but you get the point)

No, they didnt take me to any secondary room at all, the CBP officer just wanted to see my K1 visa packet, my passport and asked me when I would get married🥰 I think it was 10min total🛂

You dont have to put any info in the I94 form, its done during the CBP control, you just need to check later if the info on it is correct, I checked mine the next day after I arrived in the US with the visa and everything was correct Its important bcs you will need this document for the AOS‼️

I also went to a familiar airport so I felt more relaxed, good thing you are going to do the same too☺️

I had a connecting flight in LA airport, I had 4 hours layover and it was more than enough, I even got bored LOL😆 so you will be fine too, dont worry♥️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.