jayjayk

I-751 August 2024 Filers

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi!

I decided to start a thread for those who will be filing I-751 this August. We will be sending our case in a week. Super stressed yet excited. Time truly flies by.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day!  We're finally to the i751 process.  I'm hoping someone has some experience with this question. 

My (K1) wife's greeencard was issued in October '22 but the K2 greencard was issued in May '23.  Can I include the K2 on the i751 or will I need to file a separate petition 90 ish days before her greencard expires?  

52 minutes ago, cphilipp said:

Has anyone received updates? My package arrived the Tempe lockbox a week ago but there has been no credit card charge or e-notification yet. 

Using credit cards for USCIS charges involves a bit of a risk due to banks occasionally declining transactions as fradulent.

However, I'd give it 6-8 weeks for USCIS to charge the card, open the case and send extension letter by mail. These are current timelines.

Edited by OldUser

7 hours ago, OldUser said:

Using credit cards for USCIS charges involves a bit of a risk due to banks occasionally declining transactions as fradulent.

However, I'd give it 6-8 weeks for USCIS to charge the card, open the case and send extension letter by mail. These are current timelines.

oh wow, 6-8 weeks? I saw posts from prior months where it apparently only took 3 or 4 days until the card was charged/check was cashed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
16 hours ago, cphilipp said:

oh wow, 6-8 weeks? I saw posts from prior months where it apparently only took 3 or 4 days until the card was charged/check was cashed. 

Ours charged 3 days after delivery in May (mailed to the P.O. Box in AZ). We may have been lucky with them checking the box right around when ours arrived. 

Hi August fillers!

Ive sent my package on the 26th of July (not much of activity in the July thread so I thought of posting here)

My CC was charged a few days later and I’ve received the receipt number.

however, it’s been 21 days since the case was received, and I didn’t receive any confirmation via mail….

They uploaded the scanned copy of the package online though.

I know the timelines are long atm, I just wanted to get my extension letter so I can travel in October.

Did anyone receive any updates?

6 hours ago, anitka said:

Hi August fillers!

Ive sent my package on the 26th of July (not much of activity in the July thread so I thought of posting here)

My CC was charged a few days later and I’ve received the receipt number.

however, it’s been 21 days since the case was received, and I didn’t receive any confirmation via mail….

They uploaded the scanned copy of the package online though.

I know the timelines are long atm, I just wanted to get my extension letter so I can travel in October.

Did anyone receive any updates?

Most likely you'll get the letter before October.

8 weeks from filing means you should be receiving letter in the next few weeks.

11 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Most likely you'll get the letter before October.

8 weeks from filing means you should be receiving letter in the next few weeks.

Thank you!

Do you know if the case status would also change to: case is being reviewed by USCIS? Or shall I patiently wait for the letter? 
I didn’t get a receipt from them that my package was delivered. 

55 minutes ago, anitka said:

Thank you!

Do you know if the case status would also change to: case is being reviewed by USCIS? Or shall I patiently wait for the letter? 
I didn’t get a receipt from them that my package was delivered. 

The status may or may not change. Some people get actively reviewed status, others don't get it.

When I waited for my I-751, I got biometrics reused status, while others had "Case received" and nothing about biometrics for a year. Some of those cases got approved before mine. In short, online status means little. Many times USCIS sends letters without changing online status. You should receive letter soon, I'd say first week of September would probably be the latest.

Edited by OldUser

12 hours ago, OldUser said:

The status may or may not change. Some people get actively reviewed status, others don't get it.

When I waited for my I-751, I got biometrics reused status, while others had "Case received" and nothing about biometrics for a year. Some of those cases got approved before mine. In short, online status means little. Many times USCIS sends letters without changing online status. You should receive letter soon, I'd say first week of September would probably be the latest.

Thank you for taking time to answer! 
appreciate you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.