olufemilucas

IMMIGRANTS VISA INTERVIEW IN NIGERIA (Merged threads)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good morning house, pls I need your input on this question.

Am a us citizen , I petition for my daughter who is under 21 years of age. NVC has transferred her case to Lagos for visa interview since March 11, 2023. Up till now she has not been scheduled for an immigrant visa.

pls is there anyone who is in this category and what can I do?

Am willing to read from you guys.

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can check the Regional Forum but I do know Lagos is heavily backlogged and it takes a long time to get an interview.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
12 hours ago, olufemilucas said:

Good morning house, pls I need your input on this question.

Am a us citizen , I petition for my daughter who is under 21 years of age. NVC has transferred her case to Lagos for visa interview since March 11, 2023. Up till now she has not been scheduled for an immigrant visa.

pls is there anyone who is in this category and what can I do?

Am willing to read from you guys.

Thank you.

When was she DQ’ed? ‘cause August 2023 DQ are the ones waiting for IL now, they’re way past March 2023. So if anything send a case inquiry to NVC.

Timeline
On 7/26/2024 at 3:41 PM, TheNigerianPrince said:

When was she DQ’ed? ‘cause August 2023 DQ are the ones waiting for IL now, they’re way past March 2023. So if anything send a case inquiry to NVC.

44 minutes ago, mamba77 said:

I am also facing same issue. Category f3 , case transferred to Lagos embasssy/ consulate on 1st July 2024 , still no update from the embassy

What's your PD and what date were you DQ'ed?

On 7/26/2024 at 3:41 PM, TheNigerianPrince said:

That's sped up a lot then, it wasn't long ago that it was a couple of years wait. Seems they're getting through the backlog which is good. 

Timeline
Just now, appleblossom said:

What's your PD and what date were you DQ'ed?

DQ’ed has been March, 2023. I have sent series of inquiries to NVC and their responses is “your case has been transferred to Lagos, if you have any questions get in touch with Lagos embassy”

Also many phone call has also been placed to Lagos embassy and their common answers is always checking your email for communication from them.

No update of any kind on the case since March 2023. This is too bad. You can’t even talk to level 2 officer in order to get an update.

1 minute ago, mamba77 said:

PD -May 2009

DQED- march 2024

Then way too early to expect an interview if you were only DQ'ed in March. Unfortunately Lagos is very backlogged as above, it seems that backlog is coming down, but priority will be given to other cases (spouses etc). Here is another VJ member who is also F3 and waiting for an interview in Lagos, he was DQ'ed nearly 4 years ago and in April was still waiting for his interview date - https://www.visajourney.com/profile/446906-walewale/ Might be worth asking if he's had his IL yet. 

Good luck. 

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Then way too early to expect an interview if you were only DQ'ed in March. Unfortunately Lagos is very backlogged as above, it seems that backlog is coming down, but priority will be given to other cases (spouses etc). Here is another VJ member who is also F3 and waiting for an interview in Lagos, he was DQ'ed nearly 4 years ago and in April was still waiting for his interview date - https://www.visajourney.com/profile/446906-walewale/ Might be worth asking if he's had his IL yet. 

Good luck. 

Thanks . Sorry   I was DQ’ed December 2020.

PD became current March 2024 and case transferred bro Lagos July 2024

5 minutes ago, mamba77 said:

Thanks . Sorry   I was DQ’ed December 2020.

PD became current March 2024 and case transferred bro Lagos July 2024

Ah, ok. Still too early I'd say, but maybe ask the forum member I mentioned above if he's still waiting as his PD is a couple of years ahead of yours. 

Good luck. 

Timeline
On 7/29/2024 at 9:03 PM, appleblossom said:

That's sped up a lot then, it wasn't long ago that it was a couple of years wait. Seems they're getting through the backlog which is good. 

It even got a lot better with 8 months wait-time but then all of a sudden no IL’s since April now.

Timeline
On 7/29/2024 at 9:09 PM, olufemilucas said:

DQ’ed has been March, 2023. I have sent series of inquiries to NVC and their responses is “your case has been transferred to Lagos, if you have any questions get in touch with Lagos embassy”

Also many phone call has also been placed to Lagos embassy and their common answers is always checking your email for communication from them.

No update of any kind on the case since March 2023. This is too bad. You can’t even talk to level 2 officer in order to get an update.

If you’re March 2023 DQ if I’m not mistaken IL’s for that period should have been sent out between Nov-Jan so I’d advise you go through your emails for that timeframe and also check spam also very well maybe there’s something there that could help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.