BintyMohammed

I think I have been scammed. Please help!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

USCIS does not concern itself with family issues. If you have clear evidence of the fraudulent marriage for obtaining immigration documents then you should by all means report this to the officials and hope for the best, otherwise you will spend time and energy for nothing. If he already has his green card this means that you provided a ton of evidence to prove your relationship is genuine. People divorce all the time. 

I am sorry that you are going through this. Things get better over time. Please, do not waste your energy on revenge UNLESS again you have clear evidence of fraud. Good luck!

Edited by GEOntificator

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, esme2604 said:

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Did you ever see any red flags throughout the time you met him and the cousin was doing the paperwork?. Is this a female cousin?  How much time did you spend with him before you decided to marry him?  Whatever you do, don't let them get away. Call ice etc.

They have been married for nearly 6 years

He has a 10 year GC

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I am so sorry for him betraying you the way he did.

But I have to ask, why did his "cousin" handle all the immigration paperwork? That alone would scream "red flag" to me. 

There is so much of your personal information in the paperwork that you gave the cousin access to. They have your social security number. 

If I was in your situation, the first thing I'd do is contact the credit reporting agencies to put a freeze on new accounts being opened under your social security number.

The next thing I'd do is file for divorce and then turn him and the "cousin" into ICE. 

Turning them into ICE is not vengeful. It gets you off the hook of having to financially support him for 10 years if they arrest and deport him. 

Also, if him and his family are planning on scamming some one else to get a green card for another one of their family members, you are potentially saving that person from going through the same heartbreak and legal troubles that you are currently facing. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, TiffAndMike said:

It gets you off the hook of having to financially support him for 10 years if they arrest and deport him. 

They won't short of an admission by the immigrant of outright fraud, imo.  We sometimes forget that both spouses submit a LOT of evidence to attest to the authenticity of a marriage.  Sometimes, it's better to divorce, move on, and seek happiness for yourself.  Sometimes, it is to the advantage of the US citizen for the immigrant to obtain citizenship as soon as possible.  That is the fastest way to terminate the obligations of an I-864.

Note:  There is no 10 year limit if the immigrant never accrues 40 work credit quarters. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, TiffAndMike said:

I am so sorry for him betraying you the way he did.

But I have to ask, why did his "cousin" handle all the immigration paperwork? That alone would scream "red flag" to me. 

There is so much of your personal information in the paperwork that you gave the cousin access to. They have your social security number. 

If I was in your situation, the first thing I'd do is contact the credit reporting agencies to put a freeze on new accounts being opened under your social security number.

The next thing I'd do is file for divorce and then turn him and the "cousin" into ICE. 

Turning them into ICE is not vengeful. It gets you off the hook of having to financially support him for 10 years if they arrest and deport him. 

Also, if him and his family are planning on scamming some one else to get a green card for another one of their family members, you are potentially saving that person from going through the same heartbreak and legal troubles that you are currently facing. 

Turn them in for what? Arrest the for what?

Please be specific.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 7/27/2024 at 12:52 PM, Boiler said:

Turn them in for what? Arrest the for what?

Please be specific.

Well the man she married only married her to get his greencard. As soon as he got to this country, he up and bailed on her.

That is marriage fraud on his behalf.

And the cousin seemed to of arranged EVERYTHING when it came to the immigration paperwork so she/he was probably in on the fraud as well.  And who knows how many of his/her family members he/she helped commit immigration fraud. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, TiffAndMike said:

Well the man she married only married her to get his greencard.

As soon as he got to this country, he up and bailed on her.

I assume you have access to the same information the rest of us have.

We know they were married for nearly 6 years before he left.

We know Islamabad is a tough Embassy and she would have had to provide a ton of evidence about the validity of their marriage.

How do you know he married her for a green card, yes he left her not exactly unusual, happens all the time.

How is it fraud?

And the cousin seemed to of arranged EVERYTHING when it came to the immigration paperwork so she/he was probably in on the fraud as well.  And who knows how many of his/her family members he/she helped commit immigration fraud. 

I helped a friend of mine adjust her Husbands status, well she signed it, just easier. They subsequently divorced. 

On 7/28/2024 at 6:01 PM, TiffAndMike said:

Well the man she married only married her to get his greencard. As soon as he got to this country, he up and bailed on her.

It's not what you know, it's what you can PROVE.

Maybe he came here and within 30 days, she made him and crazy and he left.  Anything is possible, nobody can say for sure he scammed her.  If he did, he played the long game.  But it's not provable without a confession.  So she is wasting her time trying to get him deported or "get him in trouble".  Nothing will happen and 99% of the people here know it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.