Hughughug333

How to cope with adjusting status?

23 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Hughughug333 said:

Yes and at the time we determined that it would be worth it since we have done three months long distance which was very hard 

3 months long distance is hard??? No, it's not hard.

So you made the (bad) decision to AOS whilst visiting on the VWP, and are now moaning about the consequences?

I mean you decided to just stay there, living with your husband, as well as his parents? Like why would you ever decide to do that? Is he 18 or something, that he still lives with his parents?

Stop complaining, and accept the consequences of your own bad decisions and deal with it.

1 hour ago, Hughughug333 said:

Yes and at the time we determined that it would be worth it since we have done three months long distance which was very hard 

Well, separation is part of the deal with immigration.   Most of us weee separated for MUCH longer than that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
17 hours ago, SalishSea said:

OP posted in the AOS from work, tourist, student visas, so it may not have even been a K-1.  

That doesn't change anything, they still made the wrong decision for their situation if working and being able to do other things right away were important. People jump into things too quickly without doing research, without planning and without any regards as to how things will work out practically.

If money was important, then OP would've stayed in his/her country and worked and saved enough to last a year or so in the US before moving here. If working right away was important then OP would've stayed in his/her country and waited for the CR-1 visa to be processed. So either they did a very bad decision, or money and work simply weren't that important after all. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
52 minutes ago, MaxP22 said:

3 months long distance is hard??? No, it's not hard.

So you made the (bad) decision to AOS whilst visiting on the VWP, and are now moaning about the consequences?

I mean you decided to just stay there, living with your husband, as well as his parents? Like why would you ever decide to do that? Is he 18 or something, that he still lives with his parents?

Stop complaining, and accept the consequences of your own bad decisions and deal with it.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. It's hard to feel sympathy for someone who made their own bed and now complains about having to lay in it. I mean, nobody forced this on them, this was their own decision all along. And complaining about 3 months??? Wow, that's like a drop in the ocean compared to how long most of us were separated from our fiances and spouses. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

1 hour ago, Scandi said:

That doesn't change anything, they still made the wrong decision for their situation if working and being able to do other things right away were important. People jump into things too quickly without doing research, without planning and without any regards as to how things will work out practically.

If money was important, then OP would've stayed in his/her country and worked and saved enough to last a year or so in the US before moving here. If working right away was important then OP would've stayed in his/her country and waited for the CR-1 visa to be processed. So either they did a very bad decision, or money and work simply weren't that important after all. 

Totally agree.   I was pointing it out so that hopefully the OP would confirm that it was an adjustment from ESTA.   Hard to have sympathy with that choice, since the effect is circumventing the lines.

12 hours ago, Hughughug333 said:

Okay, so your husband is aware and okay with you not being able to work, so no need to feel guilty about that. 

Are you both very young? 3 Months long distance really is not a lot and I hope that you’ve been in a relationship together a lot longer than that? 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Moving Here and Your New Life in America, from AOS from W,S & T- As the OP is not asking an AOS question~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Are you a book reader? You could use this time to work through your 'to be read pile' :) 

Once you have a library card you can use an app called "Libby" which allows you access to a network of ebooks that you can read on an e-reader, phone, or tablet. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.