11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello VJ folks,

USCIS received my application on June 20 2023 and started actively reviewing my Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative on August 16 2023. When I log into the portal, under myProgress it states the estimated time until the case decision is 12 months as of today (yesterday it stated 9 months). 

When I look up processing times for service centers and this category it states 80% of cases are completed within 14.5 months. 

Additionally, if I enter my receipt date it states…”The earliest you can submit questions is April 16, 2025. Please do not contact us before this date. We will notify you if we need any additional information. We appreciate your patience while we review your case. Processing times may change – return to this page regularly for updates.”

Lastly, why would an applicant have to wait almost 2 years to submit a question to USCIS? 

Any feedback related to any of this would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

15 hours ago, Mr&Ms.Walsh said:

Hello VJ folks,

USCIS received my application on June 20 2023 and started actively reviewing my Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative on August 16 2023. When I log into the portal, under myProgress it states the estimated time until the case decision is 12 months as of today (yesterday it stated 9 months). 

When I look up processing times for service centers and this category it states 80% of cases are completed within 14.5 months. 

Additionally, if I enter my receipt date it states…”The earliest you can submit questions is April 16, 2025. Please do not contact us before this date. We will notify you if we need any additional information. We appreciate your patience while we review your case. Processing times may change – return to this page regularly for updates.”

Lastly, why would an applicant have to wait almost 2 years to submit a question to USCIS? 

Respectfully,

The reason you have to wait until after a certain date to submit an inquiry on your case is because there is an official processing window.  Processing times and predictions fluctuate all the time.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

The reason you have to wait until after a certain date to submit an inquiry on your case is because there is an official processing window.  Processing times and predictions fluctuate all the time.  

Thanks for following up! So the processing window can take almost 2 years after an application has been submitted? Thats a really long time. 

6 hours ago, Mr&Ms.Walsh said:

Thanks for following up! So the processing window can take almost 2 years after an application has been submitted? Thats a really long time. 

It is possible, although I don't think petition approval times are taking quite that long currently.  As you have seen, it fluctuates, and USCIS would rather give themselves extra time to minimize the number of inquiries flowing in.

2 things to note.

The myprogress tab is completely inaccurate. so ignore it for your wellbeing's sake.

And secondly. Looking at current trends it's taking 13 months for an i-130 to be approved. So that's a more realistic time frame.

The estimate here on visa journey seems pretty okay too. 

You wont have to worry about asking USCIS a question hopefully. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SalishSea said:

It is possible, although I don't think petition approval times are taking quite that long currently.  As you have seen, it fluctuates, and USCIS would rather give themselves extra time to minimize the number of inquiries flowing in.

Thanks for sharing! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, FromTheHills said:

2 things to note.

The myprogress tab is completely inaccurate. so ignore it for your wellbeing's sake.

And secondly. Looking at current trends it's taking 13 months for an i-130 to be approved. So that's a more realistic time frame.

The estimate here on visa journey seems pretty okay too. 

You wont have to worry about asking USCIS a question hopefully. 

Thank you for providing insight.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/24/2024 at 6:20 PM, Mr&Ms.Walsh said:

Hello VJ folks,

Respectfully,

I recieved a letter from USCIS wanting proof of evidence of our marriage, I was at 4 months, They received the proof and it went up tp 5 months, later that day my application was approved and case closed.  This happened last thursday.  As I was told when my dates kept changing from 1 week to 5 months not to be concerned with those dates.  I applied May 28 2023.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I filed I130 in March 2022 for stepson. Approved April 2024. Now awaiting interview date. A very long process for some.

Conversely, I filed CR1 for spouse via DCF in 2020. Got approval visa in 6 months. Perhaps USCIS figure I owe them some time from the quick turn on the CR1 and taking it back on my next petition. 🙂

Timeline
12 hours ago, dle3452 said:

I recieved a letter from USCIS wanting proof of evidence of our marriage, I was at 4 months, They received the proof and it went up tp 5 months, later that day my application was approved and case closed.  This happened last thursday.  As I was told when my dates kept changing from 1 week to 5 months not to be concerned with those dates.  I applied May 28 2023.

Thank you for providing some insight.

10 hours ago, Devarj said:

I filed I130 in March 2022 for stepson. Approved April 2024. Now awaiting interview date. A very long process for some.

Conversely, I filed CR1 for spouse via DCF in 2020. Got approval visa in 6 months. Perhaps USCIS figure I owe them some time from the quick turn on the CR1 and taking it back on my next petition. 🙂

Thank you for providing insight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.