thonati

Recent USCIS Activity

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, stellybelly said:

They just fired 450 of them at CSC

Do you have any references I can look at?  It would make sense why the activity has been cut in half.  I am surprised actually because the current Administration does not seem to care about how many employees on the payroll nor does it care about the work that gets done.  Many agencies are still work from home, which is a joke. Trump says he will bring back all the WFH people so they can work for the USC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, stellybelly said:

They just fired 450 of them at CSC

The original article is here: 

https://www.ueunion.org/ue-news/2024/service-contract-act-locals-fight-for-jobs-effective-immigration-process?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2Q3vx_D0ESEzAJMgbanb-AQLMKWJ2UVCZVi25QwaXqz-htrOhozxOtvW4_aem_GC8BOOlfRY5Oqo6bNRPG9w

But this article is EXTREMELY incorrect and spreading misinformation.

UE Local 1008 means contract workers for USCIS not permanent jobs..

Those were not federal case workers.

There's a USCIS employee who responded to that original article and said 

"This article is misleading at best. The workers who were "laid off" are NOT federal employees. They do not adjudicate cases. They are federal contractors. USCIS just opted to not renew the contract and instead hire more officers.

Also, officers are not non-union workers. We have our own union." 

"They were contractors. Not Federal employees. USCIS did not lay off any employees the contracting company did." 

USCIS didn't fire those employees, they decided not to renew a contract for federal contractors.

And that 

"CSC is moving but it isn't moving to Texas, it is moving to a different office in California"

Also for some context USCIS is not a government funded organisation / agency. It is ran entirely off of the fees that people pay to submit their applications. 

& also those employees that were "laid off" that happened even before USCIS slowed down.

Edited by apnzz

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline
47 minutes ago, apnzz said:

But this article is EXTREMELY incorrect and spreading misinformation.

UE Local 1008 means contract workers for USCIS not permanent jobs..

Those were not federal case workers.

Thanks for the reference.   It sounds like this is not a permanent reduction in cases.  I am sure there will be a temporary disruption but once things settle down; everything will be good.  It is just a pain because those of us that are affected feel cheated.  However, in the big picture, what is a few months delay?  Nothing really.

46 minutes ago, thonati said:

Thanks for the reference.   It sounds like this is not a permanent reduction in cases.  I am sure there will be a temporary disruption but once things settle down; everything will be good.  It is just a pain because those of us that are affected feel cheated.  However, in the big picture, what is a few months delay?  Nothing really.

Sorry I couldn’t reply earlier, I was busy *working* at my WFH job. But yes, the post said the employees are ineffective, hence the contract workers. My reply was that they just laid off 450 of said contract workers in favor of hiring officers. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, thonati said:

Yeah exactly how you said! Everyone else thinks the same, it won't make a difference in the long run. It's just a small temp disruption. :) naturally still not nice for them to lose their jobs though, but it isn't USCIS' fault.

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline
On 7/25/2024 at 9:36 AM, thonati said:

I see they are now working on those "skipped" cases so you will hear back soon. 

LMAO where are you pulling that from? thin air? there's still TONS of late feb-early march cases that are just sitting there skipped. 

On 7/25/2024 at 9:36 AM, thonati said:

so they are knocking out FEB-MAY cases at a rapid clip.

"rapid clip" LMAO what a joke. still at a screeching halt. and the best part is those of us with PH beneficiaries are SOL because the medical exam cost is going up in August, and we have no choice but to pay because we were unlucky enough to file in this HYPER SPECIFIC set of dates that just got skipped for no good reason, with no communication or explanation. but yeah, we should just be all smiles and give USCIS all the kudos and backpats while a we wait, and a decent number of filers AFTER us, get approved before us, and in barely over a month at that. yeah, good. 👍

Timeline
7 hours ago, sonnyboy0323 said:

LMAO where are you pulling that from? thin air? there's still TONS of late feb-early march cases that are just sitting there skipped. 

"rapid clip" LMAO what a joke. still at a screeching halt. and the best part is those of us with PH beneficiaries are SOL because the medical exam cost is going up in August, and we have no choice but to pay because we were unlucky enough to file in this HYPER SPECIFIC set of dates that just got skipped for no good reason, with no communication or explanation. but yeah, we should just be all smiles and give USCIS all the kudos and backpats while a we wait, and a decent number of filers AFTER us, get approved before us, and in barely over a month at that. yeah, good. 👍

Feel exactly the same. March 4 filer here, part of the skipped period, and there is still no movement from our week, only expedite approval cases. The approvals from march and Feb are just dates that are already mostly approved already, not the untouched days. & USCIS doesn't want to acknowledge that at all and just pretends like nothings going on with it. Meanwhile there has been mass approvals in May and a lot of them under 50 days.

Edited by apnzz

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.