Cryssa

Please help

29 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Have you been given a checklist for your interview? If so, what does that say? The country specific guidelines are only to tell you exactly what document is needed IF it's required - but they're not all required. 

No, they did not send me such a list. I've been asked to check the website. :(

This is what I've got from the ambassy 

Please note, if an answer to your question is found in the Immigrant Visa Navigator or in the information below, you will not receive an individualized email response. 

3 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Have you been given a checklist for your interview? If so, what does that say? The country specific guidelines are only to tell you exactly what document is needed IF it's required - but they're not all required. 

Please note, if an answer to your question is found in the Immigrant Visa Navigator or in the information below, you will not receive an individualized email response. 

Thanks for all the encouragement. I have already started the process. Hopefully I will get it in time.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I have already started the process. Hopefully I will get it in time.

31 minutes ago, Family said:

If you or your parents have a relative or family friend , OR Google and contact a local attorney to designate as a third party. Just do a power of attorney specific to obtaining Caziaer Jurídic . 

It’s not hard or impossible, you just let it slip too long ..BUT you can do it. There are tons of Romanian Canadian notaries in your area..DAI BATAIE! 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Romania.html

https://procura.md/?p=39#:~:text=O procura pentru cazier judiciar,personal de obținerea cazierului judiciar.

If you or your parents have a relative or family friend , OR Google and contact a local attorney to designate as a third party. Just do a power of attorney specific to obtaining Caziaer Jurídic . 

It’s not hard or impossible, you just let it slip too long ..BUT you can do it. There are tons of Romanian Canadian notaries in your area..DAI BATAIE! 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Romania.html

https://procura.md/?p=39#:~:text=O procura pentru cazier judiciar,personal de obținerea cazierului judiciar.

22 hours ago, NorthByNorthwest said:

The instructions seem at least halfway clear - my read is that if you ever lived in the country of your second nationality for more than 6 months you need a police certificate from there in addition to Canada:

If you are 16 years of age or older, you must submit a police certificate from the following locations:

From ... AND... THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from...
the country of nationality if they resided there for more than 6 months is 16 years old or older the police authorities of that locality.
the country of current residence (if different from nationality) if they resided there for more than 6 months was 16 years or older at that time the police authorities of that locality.
any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months was 16 years or older at that time the police authorities of that locality.
any country where arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived there was any age at that time the police authorities from place of arrest.

14 hours ago, appleblossom said:

What is your other citizenship? 

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

OK, then it shouldn't take long, but do get started today to make sure you have it in hand before your interview. And make sure you get the exact document required - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Romania.html

Good luck. 

20 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

No, they instructed me to follow the website :( and also emailed me this

21 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

No, they instructed me to follow the website :( and also emailed me this

1 hour ago, Cryssa said:

OK, so is there a reason you think you need a Romanian ID? I'm not seeing it on the website requirements. 

13 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

OK, so is there a reason you think you need a Romanian ID? I'm not seeing it on the website requirements. 

When I checked the reciprocity documents, that's when I've got the idea that i may need it .

On which website are you checking?

1 hour ago, Cryssa said:

And how about the ID?

Thanks for all your help!

What do you even mean by ID?   The Romanian passport is a form of ID.

The “procura speciala “ allows you to get someone in Romania to get it for you and have it in hand in 3 days. 
All the Romanian Canadian notaries have a template ready to go , they can insert data of your Romanian passport ( it has the CNP number) in the document and also your Canadian passport. You don’t need the Romanian ID.
Cool thing about the Canadian notaries, they apostile directly. …if I recall the stamp correctly. 

Suces si Bafta

22 minutes ago, Cryssa said:

When I checked the reciprocity documents, that's when I've got the idea that i may need it .

On which website are you checking?

I'm sorry but I'm still not seeing where it says that to get a Romanian police cert you need a Romanian ID card??

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I'm sorry but I'm still not seeing where it says that to get a Romanian police cert you need a Romanian ID card??

I dont need an ID to get the police cert, but here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Romania.html is mentioned the ID. as a separate document that I should have.

6 minutes ago, Cryssa said:

I dont need an ID to get the police cert, but here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Romania.html is mentioned the ID. as a separate document that I should have.

As I said above, that's just details of the documents IF they are required. 

You need to look at the following very carefully and make sure you have everything on these lists. The police cert from Romania IS required, but there's no mention of national ID card on any of them.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-interview/diversity-visa-prepare-for-interview.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html (make sure you go all the way to the bottom of this page for extra info for DV applicants too).

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

14 minutes ago, Family said:

The “procura speciala “ allows you to get someone in Romania to get it for you and have it in hand in 3 days. 
All the Romanian Canadian notaries have a template ready to go , they can insert data of your Romanian passport ( it has the CNP number) in the document and also your Canadian passport. You don’t need the Romanian ID.
Cool thing about the Canadian notaries, they apostile directly. …if I recall the stamp correctly. 

Suces si Bafta

Do the Canadian notaries have the hague Apostille? My laywer has it bust she is on vacay for almost 2 more weeks and I could use to find someone else. Even if the doc is in english i can have it translated in romanian in Romania.

Skip the translation and just find a Romanian notary. ..ask friends or reach out to the local priest. My fellow is Quebec , but a bit old, hard of hearing and slow paced😂.

The template below just needs to be tweaked to include the issuing authority/Ministry ( see visa reciprocity link ) and add you Romanian passport /CNP alongside the Canadian.

https://depabd.mai.gov.ro/doc/procura_eliberare_act_identitate.pdf

23 minutes ago, Family said:

Skip the translation and just find a Romanian notary. ..ask friends or reach out to the local priest. My fellow is Quebec , but a bit old, hard of hearing and slow paced😂.

The template below just needs to be tweaked to include the issuing authority/Ministry ( see visa reciprocity link ) and add you Romanian passport /CNP alongside the Canadian.

https://depabd.mai.gov.ro/doc/procura_eliberare_act_identitate.pdf

That's what I am saying that the romanian person that can help me is coming back on Aug5.  Its about the apostille that I canot find anyone in Calgary, but in Edmonton. Thanks for the "procura"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.