Cryssa

Please help

29 posts in this topic

Hi,

I won the DV 2024 and my interview is coming in August in Montreal.

I have dual citizenship and I need to know if I have to bring Police clearence from both countries, considering that my last 18 yrs I llived in Canada only. Also, i'm not certain if I need the fingerprints clearence.

Please advice 

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Cryssa said:

I won the DV 2024 and my interview is coming in August in Montreal.

I have dual citizenship and I need to know if I have to bring Police clearence from both countries, considering that my last 18 yrs I llived in Canada only. Also, i'm not certain if I need the fingerprints clearence.

The instructions seem at least halfway clear - my read is that if you ever lived in the country of your second nationality for more than 6 months you need a police certificate from there in addition to Canada:

If you are 16 years of age or older, you must submit a police certificate from the following locations:

From ... AND... THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from...
the country of nationality if they resided there for more than 6 months is 16 years old or older the police authorities of that locality.
the country of current residence (if different from nationality) if they resided there for more than 6 months was 16 years or older at that time the police authorities of that locality.
any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months was 16 years or older at that time the police authorities of that locality.
any country where arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived there was any age at that time the police authorities from place of arrest.

Thanks, I saw that and thats precisely why I'm asking. I dont think I can get a police cleareance from my country in such a short time.

Also considering that when I immigrated to Canada I had to submit a clearence report, 18 years ago.

I dont think I can get a police cleareance from my country in such a short time. Whats your advice?

Thanks

58 minutes ago, Cryssa said:

Thanks, I saw that and thats precisely why I'm asking. I dont think I can get a police cleareance from my country in such a short time.

Also considering that when I immigrated to Canada I had to submit a clearence report, 18 years ago.

I dont think I can get a police cleareance from my country in such a short time. Whats your advice?

Thanks

It’s not optional.  The one you obtained 18 years ago to immigrate to Canada is not relevant for US immigration.  

If you can’t get it in time for the interview,  you should attend the interview anyway.   You will get a 221g pending the consulate’s receipt of the PCC.  Your case will be in administrative processing.   Expect extra time if you’re from a high fraud/high risk/MENA country.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'd get started on that police certificate now.  A DV interview in August is not the time to be in AP, especially given the finite nature of the Diversity Lottery.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html/

Search for your country and follow the instructions.

Edited by EmilyW

5 hours ago, Cryssa said:

Thanks All.

Considering all this info and papers I need to get I beliebe I will loose the chance to get my visa. :(

What is your other citizenship? 

8 minutes ago, Cryssa said:

Romanian

romanian

OK, then it shouldn't take long, but do get started today to make sure you have it in hand before your interview. And make sure you get the exact document required - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Romania.html

Good luck. 

I'm in Canada, not in Romania. I was thinking that since the interview is in Canada, they wont ask so many papers from Romania. I dont even have a Romanian ID. I have only romanian passport and birth certificate, and I wanted to ID myself with those. I had to give up my ID when I've got my romanian passport because I am a romanian citizen reziding in Canada. Ans it reads that in my romanian passport. Thats why I thought that my situation is differnt than a romanian having the interview in Romania and reziding in Romania.

I read on the reciprocity and civil documents that I need an ID. So if this is the case, I should call it quit.

57 minutes ago, Cryssa said:

I'm in Canada, not in Romania. I was thinking that since the interview is in Canada, they wont ask so many papers from Romania. I dont even have a Romanian ID. I have only romanian passport and birth certificate, and I wanted to ID myself with those. I had to give up my ID when I've got my romanian passport because I am a romanian citizen reziding in Canada. Ans it reads that in my romanian passport. Thats why I thought that my situation is differnt than a romanian having the interview in Romania and reziding in Romania.

I read on the reciprocity and civil documents that I need an ID. So if this is the case, I should call it quit.

I know you're in Canada, that isn't relevant. Plenty of people have to get police certificates from multiple jurisdictions, as per the table given above. Don't waste time, just start gathering the documents required as per the checklist. 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I know you're in Canada, that isn't relevant. Plenty of people have to get police certificates from multiple jurisdictions, as per the table given above. Don't waste time, just start gathering the documents required as per the checklist. 

Good luck. 

And how about the ID?

Thanks for all your help!

18 hours ago, Cryssa said:

Thanks All.

Considering all this info and papers I need to get I beliebe I will loose the chance to get my visa. :(

If you or your parents have a relative or family friend , OR Google and contact a local attorney to designate as a third party. Just do a power of attorney specific to obtaining Caziaer Jurídic . 

It’s not hard or impossible, you just let it slip too long ..BUT you can do it. There are tons of Romanian Canadian notaries in your area..DAI BATAIE! 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Romania.html

https://procura.md/?p=39#:~:text=O procura pentru cazier judiciar,personal de obținerea cazierului judiciar.

Edited by Family

23 minutes ago, Cryssa said:

And how about the ID?

Thanks for all your help!

Have you been given a checklist for your interview? If so, what does that say? The country specific guidelines are only to tell you exactly what document is needed IF it's required - but they're not all required. 

21 minutes ago, Family said:

If you or your parents have a relative or family friend , OR Google and contact a local attorney to designate as a third party. Just do a power of attorney specific to obtaining Caziaer Jurídic . 

It’s not hard or impossible, you just let it slip too long ..BUT you can do it. There are tons of Romanian Canadian notaries in your area..DAI BATAIE! 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Romania.html

https://procura.md/?p=39#:~:text=O procura pentru cazier judiciar,personal de obținerea cazierului judiciar.

22 minutes ago, Family said:

Thaks for all the encouragement I already started asking people to help me. Hopefully I can get everything in time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.