14 posts in this topic

Please I need help and clarity on this issue, My sister's husband filed for his family and she was refused during the interview they requested she submit some additional documents and she did submit everything they asked for.

My sister received this email from the US embassy stating that: We regret to inform you that your visa application has been refused because you have been found ineligible under section 212(a)(6)(C)(1) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. You are eligible for waiver of the grounds of ineligiblity.

Please note that we can still issue visas for your children.

Thank you for your response and I will be reading all comments, suggestions and recommendations.

1 minute ago, Rekyrts said:

That's a toughie... they think she committed fraud or misrepresented something. Do you know what exactly they are referencing?

They requested a Police certificate from China where she was schooled but is currently not living there. They also requested chat history, travel history, proof of relationship, photos.

This is what the status says: A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please see the letter you received at the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Apparently they found some issues with either this application, or any previous applications she may have submitted.  Sounds like she will need to submit a waiver (I601 I believe).  This is often lawyer territory as it is easier and more personal to discuss with a lawyer than in a public forum.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Was she born in China? 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 minute ago, Timona said:

Was she born in China? 

No she only stayed there for 2 years

16 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Apparently they found some issues with either this application, or any previous applications she may have submitted.  Sounds like she will need to submit a waiver (I601 I believe).  This is often lawyer territory as it is easier and more personal to discuss with a lawyer than in a public forum.

Good Luck!

Thank you for the advice

18 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Good Luck!

I agree.

4 hours ago, Ogyam said:

Please I need help and clarity on this issue, My sister's husband filed for his family and she was refused during the interview they requested she submit some additional documents and she did submit everything they asked for.

My sister received this email from the US embassy stating that: We regret to inform you that your visa application has been refused because you have been found ineligible under section 212(a)(6)(C)(1) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. You are eligible for waiver of the grounds of ineligiblity.

Thank you for your response and I will be reading all comments, suggestions and recommendations.

Is she from an African country, and did she previously apply for a visitor visa claiming to be married when she was not?

36 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

Is she from an African country, and did she previously apply for a visitor visa claiming to be married when she was not?

Yes she is and currently living in the UK but has been previously refused on a visitor's visa but not married

16 minutes ago, Ogyam said:

Yes she is and currently living in the UK but has been previously refused on a visitor's visa but not married

Right.   My point is that if she applied as married (but was not, as is common in some African countries), that could be the source of her issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You need to find out what she did, we can speculate on the basis of what seems common.

I would also guess it has something to do with a previous application but it is a guess.

She will know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Right.   My point is that if she applied as married (but was not, as is common in some African countries), that could be the source of her issue.

This is a key question.  If she used a local service to apply for a B2, oftentimes the service will claim a single person is married when they are not to supposedly increase the chances of approval.  She needs to review the prior DS160s she submitted to determine what the material misrepresentation is as that will need to be addressed in the I601 waiver.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

22 hours ago, Ogyam said:

The applicant is informed verbally and in writing of the reason (This right here.. was she informed? )

Filed: Timeline
9 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

The applicant is informed verbally and in writing of the reason (This right here.. was she informed? )

Per OP’s first post, she was informed of the reason — 212(a)(6)(C)(1) — seeking to obtain an immigration benefit through fraud or misrepresentation.  

She was also informed as to what the only way forward is, which is to apply for a waiver of the ineligibility. The requested documents may or may not have anything to do with the fraud finding. They are needed, however, to have a complete application. A application must be complete so any possible areas of ineligibility are identified before an applicant can move forward with the waiver application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.