krempy

NVC says they do not have our petition even though we received the NVC case number

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! My grandma filed I-130 for her daughter (my mother), my father and me under F-3 category, Priority date is October 2010 which just became current as per the latest visa bulletin. The file was approved in December 2014 and was transferred to NVC in Feb 2015 ( we got the letter from NVC with case number). So, as of today we emailed NVC for further steps for invocie ID and they emailed back saying that our records do no show that we received your petition. So we all are worried that what has gone wrong here. We do not know who’s fault it is here, is it USCIS that messed up on their end or it is NVC or are we missing something. Anyone faced similar problems or situations, please help. We called USCIS and they said the file was approved in Dec 2014 and transferred and nothing is wrong with the case. I am so confused and anxious. Please help, thanks

4 hours ago, krempy said:

Hello everyone! My grandma filed I-130 for her daughter (my mother), my father and me under F-3 category, Priority date is October 2010 which just became current as per the latest visa bulletin. The file was approved in December 2014 and was transferred to NVC in Feb 2015 ( we got the letter from NVC with case number). So, as of today we emailed NVC for further steps for invocie ID and they emailed back saying that our records do no show that we received your petition. So we all are worried that what has gone wrong here. We do not know who’s fault it is here, is it USCIS that messed up on their end or it is NVC or are we missing something. Anyone faced similar problems or situations, please help. We called USCIS and they said the file was approved in Dec 2014 and transferred and nothing is wrong with the case. I am so confused and anxious. Please help, thanks

If your PD is October 2010 then you’re not current yet? It’s April 2010 on this month’s VB, and the same in next month’s too. 

Edited by appleblossom

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

If your PD is October 2010 then you’re not current yet? It’s April 2010 on this month’s VB, and the same in next month’s too. 

April 2010 is for the visa date but current date is Jan 2011 for F3 as per the latest VB, isn’t it?

31 minutes ago, krempy said:

April 2010 is for the visa date but current date is Jan 2011 for F3 as per the latest VB, isn’t it?

This is the latest VB, assuming you weren’t born in India or the Philippines then the date is April 2010.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-july-2024.html

Not sure where you’re seeing Jan 2011? 

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

This is the latest VB, assuming you weren’t born in India or the Philippines then the date is April 2010.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-july-2024.html

Not sure where you’re seeing Jan 2011? 

Check the table B, right under the table A you are checking. I am pretty sure the table A is for the visa and table B is when you start getting welcome letter and fill out DS-260 and stuff. Also August 2024 VB is out. The link you sent me is July 2024

28 minutes ago, krempy said:

Check the table B, right under the table A you are checking. I am pretty sure the table A is for the visa and table B is when you start getting welcome letter and fill out DS-260 and stuff. Also August 2024 VB is out. The link you sent me is July 2024

Ok, but I was responding to your statement that your PD is current which isn’t the case. 

For submitting your docs then it is Table B, but the August bulletin isn’t in effect until 1st August, it’s still July now. 

Are you close to aging out, is that why you’re concerned about submitting asap? 

Edited by appleblossom

1 minute ago, appleblossom said:

Ok, but I was responding to your statement that your PD is current which isn’t the case. 

For submitting your docs then it is Table B, but the August bulletin isn’t in effect until 1st August, it’s still July now. 

Oh I see, so is that the reason NVC says your petition has not been received even though it has been received since 2015. So, should I just wait till August because Jan 2011 was updated in August 2024

4 minutes ago, krempy said:

Oh I see, so is that the reason NVC says your petition has not been received even though it has been received since 2015. So, should I just wait till August because Jan 2011 was updated in August 2024

Yes, nothing will happen until August. And even then it won’t be immediate, it takes a few weeks to receive the Welcome Letter & invoice ID. You can keep an eye on processing times here - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

How old are you? 

18 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, nothing will happen until August. And even then it won’t be immediate, it takes a few weeks to receive the Welcome Letter & invoice ID. You can keep an eye on processing times here - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

How old are you? 

Thanks, that makes me relieved. And, I am 22 right now 

On 7/21/2024 at 9:59 PM, appleblossom said:

How old are you? 

Update: We just got our invoice ID, so we can start uploading documents and pay fees. But, I had a question about the two tables that which one is considered your “current date”?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.