Killowatts

I-129f 16.b. - Dates of Employment

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm using the latest (4/24) version of the I-129f and note that you cannot enter "PRESENT" for employment date on 16.b. (end date).  If you're still working for that employer, it seems they force you to either make up a future date, which is incorrect, enter the current date, which is also incorrect, or leave it blank.

Thoughts?

Edit: also note that you can't enter a number in fields like 17.  That is problematic if the company name actually has a number in it, such as G2IT.  Do better, folks.  Tell me it's better for your folks to interpret GTWOIT instead.  Kinda dumb.

Edited by Killowatts

07/25/2024: Meet at Manila Airport

08/09/2024: Petitioner return to United States

08/27/2024: I-129F sent to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS

08/30/2024: Packet arrived at Texas PO Box

09/03/2024: Amex was charged

09/0x/2024: Received text and email from USCIS; case being transferred to CSC

xx/xx/20xx: NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Email 
xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/20xx: NVC Case Number Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC affirms case is valid to proceed

xx/xx/20xx: NVC forwards Case to Bogota Embassy (email)

xx/xx/20xx: DS160 Filed online

xx/xx/20xx: Fee paid, interview scheduled for xx xxx, registered for Medical
xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 1

xx/xx/20xx: Medical screen

xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 2

xx/xx/20xx: Medical immunizations
xx/xx/20xx: Interview

xx/xx/20xx: APPROVED!
xx/xx/20xx: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/20xx: POE at Indianapolis Airport

xx/xx/20xx: Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Killowatts said:

I'm using the latest (4/24) version of the I-129f and note that you cannot enter "PRESENT" for employment date on 16.b. (end date).  If you're still working for that employer, it seems they force you to either make up a future date, which is incorrect, enter the current date,

Enter current date.

Print out a blank form and handwrite what you want....or use a good pdf editor. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

49 minutes ago, Killowatts said:

I'm using the latest (4/24) version of the I-129f and note that you cannot enter "PRESENT" for employment date on 16.b. (end date).  If you're still working for that employer, it seems they force you to either make up a future date, which is incorrect, enter the current date, which is also incorrect, or leave it blank.

Thoughts?

Edit: also note that you can't enter a number in fields like 17.  That is problematic if the company name actually has a number in it, such as G2IT.  Do better, folks.  Tell me it's better for your folks to interpret GTWOIT instead.  Kinda dumb.

For Part 1, Item 16.b., if you are still working there, then leave blank.

For Part 1, Item 17, you can pen in "G2IT" after printing it out. You have to pen sign anyway.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

if you are still working there, then leave blank.

Leaving a box blank could make USCIS think you missed it.  Current date is better, imo.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

5 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Leaving a box blank could make USCIS think you missed it.  Current date is better, imo.

Yes. Maybe @Killowatts can also pen in the end date as "PRESENT"?

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
7 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

Yep.  That would certainly work, too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

This is what I did when I filled out my I-129F in Sept. 2023 and it was accepted with no issues. Make sure you use black ink and write legibly.

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There are a lot of fields on the I-129F form that won't fill properly. We just typed what we could and completed those fields in black pen with no issues. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I filled out a few fields by hand on every single form I ever sent to USCIS, no issues. I did what I could on a computer, printed that and filled out the rest by hand. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.