kath58

ADVANCE PAROLE

11 posts in this topic

hI THERE,

I have had my Advance Parole Approved. I have been told by a Atterney not to use it. As i will not be allowed back into the USA. My AOS is Approved Pending on name check. Have any one else travelled on one ? Did you have any problems entering the USA.

Thanks Kath58

Lots of people here have traveled on it, but I've never heard of anyone having a 'problem' afterwards. Particularly not when the AP was based on adjustment of status from a K1.

What reasons did the attorney give for advising against it?

SA4userbar.jpg

Why would your attorney tell you to apply & pay for AP, if then later on to say not to use it? I haven't heard anyone here on VJ having problems returning with the AP, because that's just the point of it... to return :)

12140.gif

The reason is AOS IS Approved awaithing on name check. Case is still pending. The other reason is i applied for Advance Parole myself not my Atterney. The reason he found out was he wanted to Audit my case. Find out why my case was still pending.

Thanks Kath58.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I haven't heard of any problems. Like someone said above, that is the whole reason for the ability of Advance Parole.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
The reason is AOS IS Approved awaithing on name check. Case is still pending. The other reason is i applied for Advance Parole myself not my Atterney. The reason he found out was he wanted to Audit my case. Find out why my case was still pending.

Thanks Kath58.

While I am not sure if Approved AOS pending name check is a valid reason not to take advantage of AP, the second reason (because you self-filed) is a bogus one

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Let me ask you a couple questions:

How did you enter the country last?

Have you accumulated any 'overstay' time?

The attorney could be right.

We traveled without any incident and Annie was in the FBI Name Check, so either your attorney is ignorant (which is possible) or there is more going on here.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

We traveled without any incident and Annie was in the FBI Name Check, so either your attorney is ignorant (which is possible) or there is more going on here.

Hi there,

I came in on a K-1 Visa

Married one week later after entering the USA.

AOS . Had interview. Pending on FBI name check.

I dont understand have i accumulated over stay time.

Thanks Kath58.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Hi there,

I came in on a K-1 Visa

Thanks Kath58.

based on your answer you do not accumulate overstay.

Perhaps your attorney is being over protective

I am not an attorney, but lots of people have used AP with no incident, there are even many who received their GC while oversea and entered with the AP after being approved.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: Timeline

kath58,

Had you ever been in the USA prior to entering on the K1 visa? And if so, did you ever stay longer than your authorized period of stay? And if so, how much longer?

Perhaps your attorney is concerned that if you application to adjust status is approved while you are out of the country the AP is of no use, yet without a green card or other evidence of LPR status in your posession the CBP officer may have valid reason to not let you in.

In any case, you should ask the attorney the reason for his advise rather than try to figure it out based on experiences of others who may not have been in your situation when they were parolled into the US.

Yodrak

Hi there,

I came in on a K-1 Visa

Thanks Kath58.

Hi,

Yes i have visited the USA before. When i was younger and in the later years. Also whilst i was visiting my fiance before i got my K-1 Visa.

I never out stayed my time. Always left with in two weeks. So no i have never out stayed my time.

Thanks Kath58

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.