Shercook27

Decision cannot be made post combo I751/N400 Interview

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I had my combo interview in July 2nd at the NYC field office. It went super well, I passed everything and the officer even mentioned that oath is usually scheduled about a month after final approval. But ever since, there has been radio silence. My online status is still at interview scheduled for N400 and fingerprints applied for I751. Has anyone been in the same boat recently? I am getting nervous and wondering what I can do.

3 hours ago, Shercook27 said:

Hey guys, I had my combo interview in July 2nd at the NYC field office. It went super well, I passed everything and the officer even mentioned that oath is usually scheduled about a month after final approval. But ever since, there has been radio silence. My online status is still at interview scheduled for N400 and fingerprints applied for I751. Has anyone been in the same boat recently? I am getting nervous and wondering what I can do.

I think sometimes it’s simply a case of someone needing to sign off on something, and they are on vacation or whatever,  etc.   I don’t think there is anything to worry about-  just the usual summer slowdown at ol’ USCIS.  

8 hours ago, SalishSea said:

I think sometimes it’s simply a case of someone needing to sign off on something, and they are on vacation or whatever,  etc.   I don’t think there is anything to worry about-  just the usual summer slowdown at ol’ USCIS.  

I really hope so. This is eating away at me. 

6 hours ago, Shercook27 said:

I really hope so. This is eating away at me. 

FYI I found in another thread from a while back, someone in same position as us who submitted an inquiry for a lost approval notice on their case and next day got approved. Maybe coincidence as doesn’t seem to work in all cases but I did the same today and will see what happens. You can do it from USCIS website 

On 7/19/2024 at 3:33 AM, SalishSea said:

On 7/19/2024 at 6:35 PM, mattguk said:

FYI I found in another thread from a while back, someone in same position as us who submitted an inquiry for a lost approval notice on their case and next day got approved. Maybe coincidence as doesn’t seem to work in all cases but I did the same today and will see what happens. You can do it from USCIS website 

I just got a notification that my i751 was transferred to another office, hoping this is a good sign

On 7/19/2024 at 6:35 PM, mattguk said:

I just got a notification that my i751 was approved! But n400 still says interview was scheduled 

18 minutes ago, Shercook27 said:

I just got a notification that my i751 was approved! But n400 still says interview was scheduled 

That’s great progress! Now are in the same position. Later this week is a month since interview and my N400 still says interview was scheduled

1 minute ago, mattguk said:

That’s great progress! Now are in the same position. Later this week is a month since interview and my N400 still says interview was scheduled

Ughhh I really hope the n400 updates soon, I can’t handle this waiting game. I’m hoping and praying I get the oath ceremony will be scheduled. 

2 hours ago, mattguk said:

My n400 still hasn’t updated and now I’m getting nervous. Did you end up sending an inquiry to USCIS about a lost approval letter? 

1 hour ago, Shercook27 said:

My n400 still hasn’t updated and now I’m getting nervous. Did you end up sending an inquiry to USCIS about a lost approval letter? 

Yes - sent an inquiry on Friday. They said they will respond by 8/20. Not optimistic that it will make any difference 

1 hour ago, Shercook27 said:

Just got the notification for n400 that oath will be scheduled!!!$

That’s awesome - congrats. 

I cannot work out why my N-400 is still pending, especially as my I-751 was approved the day of my interview. Tomorrow will be one month since interview and no movement at all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.