farea

Muslim husband can add 02 wives

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, farea said:

this is completely a new application and main applicant is husband who wants to add both the wives . (no one holds US citizenship right now)

Who is the petitioner?  Simple question which you have not answered.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It seems none of them are USC's, maybe the Husband has been petitioned through work or by a family member and wants to bring his harem.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, Family said:

I was actually surprised to learn how accepted such practice is.
All the man’s extended family ( in the US and abroad) knew , the 2nd wife ( most were cousins) in home country and all her family knew of the America wife . ..she was the only one in the dark.

Because to have more than 1,  st wife should approve to prevent discord in family and neighborhood

but mostly to have more than 1 , u have to prove u can afford the extra wife and children from the marriage and most can not 

Timeline
3 hours ago, farea said:

checking and verification part is ok. but the question is still unanswered that Husband as a main applicant can start the process of immigration adding both the wife details in the application. without giving divorce to anyone. 

it means process is complicated for muslims... 

our house is Muslim and my Adil came and is USC now

Timeline
2 hours ago, farea said:

this is completely a new application and main applicant is husband who wants to add both the wives . (no one holds US citizenship right now)

then is someone a LPR?

Or is this a work visa?

it does not matter visa type,  2 wifes must be reported on any petition and he can not bring them both/ to live in US, u must abide by US laws

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
3 hours ago, farea said:

checking and verification part is ok. but the question is still unanswered that Husband as a main applicant can start the process of immigration adding both the wife details in the application. without giving divorce to anyone. 

It has nothing to do with being Muslim, a few members who have answered your questions have stated they are Muslim.  This issue is polyamy, which is as many here have mentioned is illegal in the US.  There is no immigration process in the US for this type of family structure.  

3 hours ago, farea said:

First, let me say, you are highly educated  , speak English and are pretty smart to be doing the necessary legal research needed for US immigration. 

Everyone responding to your post is telling you the truth. …and I am inclined to think your husband knows it….especially if he has family living in the USA. 
‘If he is set on immigrating , he will do as others have before him and divorce is inevitable. …BEFORE he starts any paperwork…

Sadly, ‘The choice of which wife to keep is his alone and it’s doubtful he will consider anyone s interest, other than his.

Be it you or Wife 02, getting left behind is no life. Keep posting, we are cheering for you.

Sheikha Mahra Mohammed Rashed Al Maktoum, daughter of Dubai’s ruler, has had enough of her husband.

“I hereby declare our divorce,” the princess wrote to husband Sheikh Mana Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum via Instagram on Wednesday, July 17. “I divorce you, I divorce you, and I Divorce You. Take care. Your ex-wife.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/dubai-princess-releases-savage-statement-to-divorce-husband/

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Family said:

First, let me say, you are highly educated  , speak English and are pretty smart to be doing the necessary legal research needed for US immigration. 

Everyone responding to your post is telling you the truth. …and I am inclined to think your husband knows it….especially if he has family living in the USA. 
‘If he is set on immigrating , he will do as others have before him and divorce is inevitable. …BEFORE he starts any paperwork…

Sadly, ‘The choice of which wife to keep is his alone and it’s doubtful he will consider anyone s interest, other than his.

Be it you or Wife 02, getting left behind is no life. Keep posting, we are cheering for you.

Sheikha Mahra Mohammed Rashed Al Maktoum, daughter of Dubai’s ruler, has had enough of her husband.

“I hereby declare our divorce,” the princess wrote to husband Sheikh Mana Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum via Instagram on Wednesday, July 17. “I divorce you, I divorce you, and I Divorce You. Take care. Your ex-wife.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/dubai-princess-releases-savage-statement-to-divorce-husband/

this is very true

divorce in Muslim countries is easy/ very easy

the divorce will be final when husband can prove the initial dowry for marriage has been paid (or settled)

On 7/19/2024 at 3:15 AM, farea said:

No, he absolutely cannot have two wives for any US immigration application.   This guy will not be immigrating.

On 7/19/2024 at 3:24 AM, farea said:

On what grounds does he think he can immigrate?

On 7/19/2024 at 6:08 PM, JeanneAdil said:

this is very true

divorce in Muslim countries is easy/ very easy

the divorce will be final when husband can prove the initial dowry for marriage has been paid (or settled)

there is no discussion of dowry when it comes to divorce a wife in islam.. just say 03 times Divorce and that's all. Everything is finished. no witness required and thats a different thing if couple wants to hide the divorce from family and live a Haram life. 

there is no return option after 03 divorce

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, farea said:

there is no discussion of dowry when it comes to divorce a wife in islam.. just say 03 times Divorce and that's all. Everything is finished. no witness required and thats a different thing if couple wants to hide the divorce from family and live a Haram life. 

How is husband immigrating to the US?  Work visa?  Marriage visa?  There is still basic information missing.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

As an aside the validity of a divorce will be determined by the laws of the Country concerned.

For example in the UK you can get married in a Religious ceremony but not divorced.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 hours ago, farea said:

No discussion but the man has to prove the dowry has been settled to finalize the divorce

It is called MAHR in many countries instead of dowry

In Islamic law, Maher is a gift or contribution made by the husband-to-be to his wife-to-be, for her exclusive property, as a mark of respect for the bride, and as recognition of her independence. It is not, however, a gift in the traditional sense, but is in fact obligatory and the wife-to-be receives it as a right.May 23, 2024

Under Islamic law, a husband must pay mahr whenever his wife requests it or when he initiates a divorce

On 7/19/2024 at 6:15 AM, farea said:

On 7/19/2024 at 6:13 AM, powerpuff said:

Asked and answered.

There is no space on an i130 or i140 or DV form for a second spouse.  ZERO.

Man can divorce one wife.  Talaq, talaq, talaq while wife is not menstruating.

Be fair and give generous spousal support.

Man can include ALL of the children + one wife.

Exwife can be sponsored by a USC child once that child is 21.

When exwife comes, you can cohabit without getting married.

Immigration is only difficult for POLYGAMOUS Muslim men.

Edited by manyfudge

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.