SP1999

221g Given after interview London Embassy, (Petitioners original Birth Certificate Not taken)

9 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I was given a 221g on the 8th July at my visa interview because we was missing the Petitioners Oringinal Birth certifcate which was in the US at her house, and had to re upload our latest Police cerficiates,

We uploaded the police certificates on the day and we sent out the Birth certificate on the 13th July using the given courier.

The embassy Received this on the 16th July and the case was last updated on the 16th but still showing Refused,

does anyone know how long we will be waiting for a change at london embassy?

Thanks everyone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is no set time, basically when someone gets to it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

AH DAMN tbh it wasnt written anywhere that the petisioners Original Birth cerificate would be needed  but luckily got it Mailed from the US in 4 days and sent out, The waiting game and refreshing CEAS Status checker is just so frustrating i was hoping someone else had experince being in this situation aswell.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, SP1999 said:

AH DAMN tbh it wasnt written anywhere that the petisioners Original Birth cerificate would be needed  but luckily got it Mailed from the US in 4 days and sent out, The waiting game and refreshing CEAS Status checker is just so frustrating i was hoping someone else had experince being in this situation aswell.

Clarification from anyone who attended interview at London would be great here, for anyone gearing up to a UK interview, as I read conflicting info online.

I was under the impression that I (beneficiary) would be required to provide my original birth cert, but my fiancé (USC) would not. The risk of sending the original so far overseas and having it lost in transit is higher than I'm comfortable with... I'd be happier having him send me a certified copy, and he keeps the original at home.

London's pre-interview checklist states to bring:

image.png.5efe2db4c93c8449eb468bc4ea66ac6d.png

In my situation, there are no children involved, so the second line would not apply to me. There is no reference in the list to the USC's birth cert (a copy of which was provided at I-129f anyway).

Very confusing!

Edited by smilingstone

[I-129F to K1]

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03

I-129F NOA1: 2024-04-17

I-129F RFE: 2024-06-05

I-129F NOA2: 2024-08-02

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, SP1999 said:

Hey. I am just telling you what they asked from our family (my auntie)

which was her original birth certificate which we had to ship from the US here even tho it didn’t say anywhere they still wanted it as the copy wasn’t good enough

Thanks for this. I bet it catches a lot of people out! They should really update their list if it's a required doc. 

Anyway, congrats to you and good luck with your move over! 

Edited by smilingstone

[I-129F to K1]

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03

I-129F NOA1: 2024-04-17

I-129F RFE: 2024-06-05

I-129F NOA2: 2024-08-02

Yeah it really does and thank you! Our status still says refused we are waiting for them to look at the document we sent them via their Courier and then update our case it reached there on the 16th July i hope they look at it and change it soon so the stress is all gone.

On 7/18/2024 at 12:55 PM, smilingstone said:

Clarification from anyone who attended interview at London would be great here, for anyone gearing up to a UK interview, as I read conflicting info online.

I was under the impression that I (beneficiary) would be required to provide my original birth cert, but my fiancé (USC) would not. The risk of sending the original so far overseas and having it lost in transit is higher than I'm comfortable with... I'd be happier having him send me a certified copy, and he keeps the original at home.

London's pre-interview checklist states to bring:

image.png.5efe2db4c93c8449eb468bc4ea66ac6d.png

In my situation, there are no children involved, so the second line would not apply to me. There is no reference in the list to the USC's birth cert (a copy of which was provided at I-129f anyway).

Very confusing!

The consulate specific checklist is in addition to the standard NVC one, and that says you must take original or certified copies of all docs uploaded to CEAC. So if you uploaded your fiancés birth cert on CEAC to be DQ’ed, you should also take it to the interview - but a certified copy will suffice. 

Good luck. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/step-11-applicant-interview.html

Yes you are right,

Well i have sent them the original and they received on the 16th, Im still waiting for them to actaully update and check, my case still says refused and there was a update to the case apparently on the 19th but no Update to the status :( I hope they do it soon the wait is killing me 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.