5 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rabadiady said:

When making a plane ticket to USA from Jordan as a k1 visa holder do I put my visa information or passport information? 

Depends on which airline(s)?

I recommend uploading the entry documents information (not just the passport) to the flight reservation. If you can not find where to upload the entry documents with the airline online flight reservation, then you may have to call the airline to specifically ask them to make a note with the flight reservation about the entry documents for the gate agents. Many airline systems will have an extra field textbox for ticket agents to input notes about the special needs of the passenger for the gate agents or flight attendants. When we did it, sometimes they would tell us it was not necessary because they'd seen it before or sometimes they would be typing something in. We did this with all the different connecting airlines for the whole flight. For the K1 visa, you may also want the airline to note that you are buying a one-way ticket since some boarding agents who are not familiar with K1 may want to see a return ticket.

Also, I recommend flying with US carriers or major brand airlines just because their gate agents may have more experience with the different types of US entry documents.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/822786-scary-experience-australian-airport-cr1-i-551-stamp-worth-a-good-read/?do=findComment&comment=10992400

Those are my little ounce of prevention to avoid a pound of trouble later on.

Edited by EatBulaga

1 hour ago, Rabadiady said:

When making a plane ticket to USA from Jordan as a k1 visa holder do I put my visa information or passport information? 

When you are buying a ticket probably all they need is you passport info.  Really all they need is just name and birth date to issue a ticket.  When you go to check in for a flight to the US you will definitely need all passport AND visa information.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Your passport information where it asks for "passenger information" on the airlines website/app. You show your passport with the visa at the airport when you check in and get your boarding pass. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.