14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
June 24, 2024

Case Was Submitted For Quality Review Based On An Approval Recommendation

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOxxxxxxxxxxx, be approved. On June 24, 2024, your case was submitted for quality review. This is a standard process we use to ensure the quality of our decisions. Once our quality review is done you will be scheduled for an oath ceremony. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So I'm approved ?   But not approved and stuck ?   Why does an internal review of their processes and people cause a delay of my application ?  

My interview date was June 11th.   IO told me I was approved and I would be receiving oath ceremony letter next.   sigh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
48 minutes ago, HereWeGoAgainV2.0 said:

Why does an internal review of their processes and people cause a delay of my application ?  

Your case is being reviewed....along with their process.  It is normal procedure.  Anything odd about your case?

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Your case is being reviewed....along with their process.  It is normal procedure.  Anything odd about your case?

Nothing odd.  Fiance visa to green card.  10 yr green card expiring this year.  Decided to apply for citizenship.  Still married to same person.  Been in USA total of 12 years now.   Easy interview.  Interviewer said I was approved and would be receiving my oath ceremony date shortly.   Then the notification that my file sent for quality review.   

2 hours ago, HereWeGoAgainV2.0 said:

Nothing odd.  Fiance visa to green card.  10 yr green card expiring this year.  Decided to apply for citizenship.  Still married to same person.  Been in USA total of 12 years now.   Easy interview.  Interviewer said I was approved and would be receiving my oath ceremony date shortly.   Then the notification that my file sent for quality review.   

It's OK, sometimes officer cannot approve and requires review by their manager.

On 7/17/2024 at 10:09 AM, HereWeGoAgainV2.0 said:
June 24, 2024

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOxxxxxxxxxxx, be approved. On June 24, 2024, your case was submitted for quality review. This is a standard process we use to ensure the quality of our decisions. Once our quality review is done you will be scheduled for an oath ceremony. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So I'm approved ?   But not approved and stuck ?   Why does an internal review of their processes and people cause a delay of my application ?  

My interview date was June 11th.   IO told me I was approved and I would be receiving oath ceremony letter next.   sigh

Did you get your oath notice? How long after the interview you got the oath notice?

Timeline
13 hours ago, Meteor_lake said:

Did you get your oath notice? How long after the interview you got the oath notice?

No...    I have not received my oath notice.   Still stuck in the land of "quality review".

Timeline
23 hours ago, Meteor_lake said:

Did you request name change? Or I-751 pending? 

I changed my name to my new married name 12 years ago when we got married.  No other name changes.  No other docs pending.  Its been six weeks now since my interview when I was told I was approved.   No change in status.  No oath ceremony date/letter.   sigh

On 7/24/2024 at 10:22 AM, HereWeGoAgainV2.0 said:

I changed my name to my new married name 12 years ago when we got married.  No other name changes.  No other docs pending.  Its been six weeks now since my interview when I was told I was approved.   No change in status.  No oath ceremony date/letter.   sigh

That is frustrating. Hope you hear back soon. I am waiting for two weeks now and from your experience looks like have to wait a lot longer. I thought this would be the quickest step in the application process. They do same day oath at Portland office so I don't know why it takes so much time to schedule the oath.

Edited by Meteor_lake

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline
On 7/24/2024 at 8:22 PM, HereWeGoAgainV2.0 said:

....when I was told I was approved.   No change in status.  No oath ceremony date/letter.   sigh

I think they are trying to decide whether you are a quality person.

Edited by harry.st

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 1:09 PM, HereWeGoAgainV2.0 said:
June 24, 2024

I have exact same letter from uscis. My citizen interview was held on June 10. a letter I received on July 10. now still same. no update yet. you have any update? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, happy daylife said:

I have exact same letter from uscis. My citizen interview was held on June 10. a letter I received on July 10. now still same. no update yet. you have any update? 

I thought I put an update. Sorry.  Got a letter mid Aug approx that my oath ceremony is in mid October.  Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.