MrsAb2021

Question on I-751 about mailing address

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

We recently took out a PO Box for better mail security. We can still receive mail at our home address as well. I would like the mail regarding my husband's USCIS paperwork to be sent to the PO Box. I looked at the form AR-11 and it states no PO Boxes, and only to list a new physical address if you have moved. Since we haven't moved, do I need to fill out the AR-11? Or is just listing the PO box and the physical street address on page 2 of the I-751 OK that way? I didn't want to cause confusion in the system.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, MrsAb2021 said:

And how would I list the PO box if typing it out, the form doesn't allow # symbols.

P.O. Box 469

You don't need the # symbol.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsAb2021 said:

Hello,

We recently took out a PO Box for better mail security. We can still receive mail at our home address as well. I would like the mail regarding my husband's USCIS paperwork to be sent to the PO Box. I looked at the form AR-11 and it states no PO Boxes, and only to list a new physical address if you have moved. Since we haven't moved, do I need to fill out the AR-11? Or is just listing the PO box and the physical street address on page 2 of the I-751 OK that way? I didn't want to cause confusion in the system.

Fill in the correct Mailing address and correct physical address on the I-751.  Mark item # 16 as "Yes".

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

P.O. Box 469

You don't need the # symbol.

Thanks. I attached a photo of the form. So I would just put P.O. Box where line 15b is? Even though it says street address?

Do I need to send an AR-11 form to USCIS? We haven't moved and the PO box was opened just in the last couple of months, so this address is not on file with USCIS.

2.PNG

Edited by MrsAb2021

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MrsAb2021 said:

So I would just put P.O. Box where line 15b is?

Yes.  

I don't think an AR-11 is important since you haven't moved.  Your correspondence will be sent to the mailing address on the I-751. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

Posted (edited)

Thanks. Our PO office does have a street address but it's only for packages. That's why I wasn't sure since box 15b on the I-751 says street address that I didn't need to put it as 123 Busy Street PO Box 123 or just simply PO Box 123.

Edited by MrsAb2021

5 minutes ago, MrsAb2021 said:

Thanks. Our PO office does have a street address but it's only for packages. That's why I wasn't sure if I since box 15b on the I-751 says street address that I didn't need to put it as 123 Busy Street PO Box 123 or just simply PO Box 123.

Is it a PO box with USPS or some other service? That would affect the preferred formatting.

10 minutes ago, MrsAb2021 said:

It is a USPS box. I just don't want them to reject the application since box 15b says street number and name for mailing address.

PO Box [#] is fine for that line.

6 minutes ago, JKLSemicolon said:

PO Box [#] is fine for that line.

Thanks. We will try it this way then. I've seen online people say their documents still got sent to their physical address regardless, so we will see where they send mail going forward.

1 hour ago, MrsAb2021 said:

Thanks. We will try it this way then. I've seen online people say their documents still got sent to their physical address regardless, so we will see where they send mail going forward.

In theory notices should go to the mailing address but the actual green card will be sent to the physical address. In practice your mileage may vary. We did use a UPS Store mailing address for one case and got notices there, although have opted to use just the physical address for other cases going forward since that particular mailing address wasn’t eligible for Informed Delivery.

Edited by JKLSemicolon

25 minutes ago, JKLSemicolon said:

In theory notices should go to the mailing address but the actual green card will be sent to the physical address. In practice your mileage may vary. We did use a UPS Store mailing address for one case and got notices there, although have opted to use just the physical address for other cases going forward since that particular mailing address wasn’t eligible for Informed Delivery.

Yeah, we will see what they do. We can get mail at our house, just working during the day and the mailbox at the house is not monitored until after work. The PO is right across the street from my office and since it stays locked I like everything to be sent there. We will see what happens when time comes. I appreciate all the replies and help. If USCIS says anything about using a PO Box, I will be sure to update here. We don't file the I-751 until mid August.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.