61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent mine June 7 to the Dallas office.  Historically, Dallas super-fast at processing AOS, but in June they seem to have bogged down.  No receipt notice yet.  In May, it took only a few days to get receipt notice.  I hope that doesn't mean the whole AOS process will be slowed down also.

1 minute ago, J.M. said:

I sent mine June 7 to the Dallas office.  Historically, Dallas super-fast at processing AOS, but in June they seem to have bogged down.  No receipt notice yet.  In May, it took only a few days to get receipt notice.  I hope that doesn't mean the whole AOS process will be slowed down also.

Im right there with you

On 7/16/2024 at 1:15 PM, J.M. said:

I just received a phone call from my senator's office ( Mark Warner ) they informed me they contacted the lockbox support team and that my case is being reviewed, and when all is reviewed my money orders will be cashed and the recipe will be sent to me.( and yes there a long backlog )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gary Rich said:

I just received a phone call from my senator's office ( Mark Warner ) they informed me they contacted the lockbox support team and that my case is being reviewed, and when all is reviewed my money orders will be cashed and the recipe will be sent to me.( and yes there a long backlog )

In other words, your case is in a pile waiting to be entered into their system.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

In other words, your case is in a pile waiting to be entered into their system.  

Yet we were told the recent increase in filing fees would result in greater efficiencies, and faster processing times..........

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Cisse913 said:

Yet we were told the recent increase in filing fees would result in greater efficiencies, and faster processing times..........

The fee increases also created a rush to beat the April 1 deadline.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

( I got this email 2:30am this morning )  "Thank you for your inquiry. Submission for *********** was received on June 20, 2024, and is currently processing at the Lockbox.

Once the submission has been completely processed, the applicant will receive a notice in the mail. If applicant does not receive a notice within the next 30 business days, please contact us again for additional details."

Good Morning. I just got some information indicating that the money orders for my payments have been in cash.I called USCIS..and they said it had been accepted and cashed.

The lady informed me that I should be receiving a notice of action in the mail if all is well or if something I missed on my application that needs to be corrected

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Glad to see some movement with June filers.  Still nothing for me, even though mine was sent a couple of weeks before yours.  No reason to expect USCIS to start doing things in order now though.  They have already proven that they do whatever they want, whenever they want.

11 minutes ago, J.M. said:

Glad to see some movement with June filers.  Still nothing for me, even though mine was sent a couple of weeks before yours.  No reason to expect USCIS to start doing things in order now though.  They have already proven that they do whatever they want, whenever they want.

well i did a lot of emails and phone calls...i refuse to just sit back and wait... after all... I'm paying for a service... and i have every right to call and ask question in regards of my case.

Timeline

My neighbor filed her I-485 package in March.  She got an RFE for the I-864 in April.......crickets since......Dallas is local office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I filed the AOS AP and EAD on June 6th. I have not heard anything since and have not gotten a response from the lockbox email either. My package went to the Phoenix office which is local for me. I’ll update when I hear something.

I did the same as well ( for wife and child ) AOS AP and EAD... I'm just glad at least they cash my money orders.. I keep calling and emailing them to tell them that my money order will expire in 30 days.

And if not cash the money order will be useless and I will not get any refunds and lose out on my payments. I even told my senator's office the work on it.. and they did

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.