5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello!

I'm trying to get the I-131 form filled out as it says everywhere I should have my foreign spouse apply for it, however, I believe he'd have to apply for the Advance Parole as he'd still be in the AOS period when we submit it.  I'm confused on what I have to put on the "intended travel date" section as it says I need to have that and prove what illnesses, family emergencies, etc. warrant this approval.  He doesn't have any medical issues and his family is fine - but we'd like to have permission to leave the US for the next two years if something were to pop up that was an emergency.   Since nothing truly warrants it - should I not do the document right now?

Any guidance on how in the world to fill this form out is helpful - I'm not sure why it's tripping me up so much, but it is.  Maybe because it's the last one in this giant AOS packet and my brain is fried🤒

TBD is a perfectly good answer for an automatic I131 AP application. A K1 AOSer doesn't have to have a reason to apply.

I recommend joining the monthly AOS filing thread for your month to find answers to the basics as they have been going on for years with the knowledge passed down from peer to peer for those who've read previous monthly threads. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2024 at 10:27 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

TBD is a perfectly good answer for an automatic I131 AP application. A K1 AOSer doesn't have to have a reason to apply.

I recommend joining the monthly AOS filing thread for your month to find answers to the basics as they have been going on for years with the knowledge passed down from peer to peer for those who've read previous monthly threads. 

I have not located an AOS for August 2024. Is there someone that starts this tread? Thank you.

9 minutes ago, 1journey said:

I have not located an AOS for August 2024. Is there someone that starts this tread? Thank you.

It's only the 6th.

Any member can post a thread just like you have here to start a new topic. 

Join July instead for the same info. 

This is also a reminder that your timeline is incomplete. Please fill it out as a fair exchange.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.