GXS

USCIS Sent NOA2 approval but then sent notice of withdrawal of petition a week later? Help!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I filed my K1 Fiancé Visa petition with USCIS and got NOA1 back (online and normal mail) 4/13/24 then received the NOA2 approval (online and normal mail) on 6/4/24. 

Then on 6/12/24 I received a email that there was an update to my account and when I logged in I saw this update:

June 12, 2024

Petition Withdrawn/Over 180 Days/Not Automatically Revoked

On June 12, 2024, we received your request to withdraw your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number xxxxx, and completed our review. We mailed you a Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice. If you do not receive your Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice by July 12, 2024, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Neither I nor my fiancé ever filed or sent anything to withdraw the petition! I called USCIS and filed for help on the website too. The website emailed back a week or so later with seemingly general info response (not specific to my case) as it stated that if my petition was approved with USCIS they no longer had jurisdiction and to contact NVC. I did contact NVC to be safe and they have no information about my petition and said to contact USCIS.

Also it had been a month now and no notice has come in the mail of withdrawal of the petition - just the update to the online account. Which is strange because the other mail notices always came within 2-4 days of the online account update (for NOA1 and NOA2).

Calling USCIS, they said they put me on a list to be called back urgently by a USCIS officer and said I should receive a call within 72 hours (I called in 6/17/24), and then when I called to check in a week later they said that it’s actually more like 10 business days. Then I called first week of July and they said I should get a call by 7/8/24. I called this week (today is now 7/12/24) and was told I’m still on the call list, that they’re behind on calls, etc and they all seem to say that it seems like an error and that I shouldn’t worry, but I’m really anxious as this is now a month behind schedule and I feel like I’m just getting pushed off! 

Has anyone experienced an error like this? What should I do? Will they be able to reverse this since it was their mistake? I’m so stressed!

Thank you for any help or support! 

Edited by GXS
Update

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Time to have a good and honest talk with your petitioner.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Timona said:

Time to have a good and honest talk with your petitioner.

As stated, neither I nor my fiancé sent anything in. Good and honest talks were had a plenty, this is not something he or I sent, of this I am absolutely certain. 

One USCIS support person on one of my check in calls said they had seen errors like this previously and that if it wasn’t something sent in by me or my fiancé, it should be able to be reversed. But another USCIS support person on a different time I’d called said they’d never seen an error of the like before. So I have no idea what to think.

Look up your congressman, fill out their case authorization form and email/call them for help . The congressional Liason will reach out to USCIS and get a written response and action from USCIS. 
‘Write up a simple affidavit ( scanned signature of both of you) stating Withdrawal of Petition is USCIS Service Error. Neither petitioner nor beneficiary requested such , relationship is rock solid and we both intend to marry within 90 of beneficiary entry into US/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.