Md4764

N-400 Denied

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Md4764 said:

That’s what I plan on doing because I strongly believe they made an error. I contacted a lawyer to help me with the appeal. It just really sucks that I’m the one paying for their mistake. Thanks 

I'm curious. Why pay the extra attorney fee and higher N-336 fee when you can pay much less and receive the very same result? 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

7 minutes ago, Md4764 said:

That’s what I plan on doing because I strongly believe they made an error. I contacted a lawyer to help me with the appeal. It just really sucks that I’m the one paying for their mistake. Thanks 

You can DIY the N-336 if resources are an issue. Human errors and misinterpretation /reinterpretation /incorrect standards is par for the course ….so don’t take it heart. Fight to win 😂.

You outlined your facts clearly in your post and all you need do via the N-336 is lodge the challenge . 
Complaining to supervisors, aka Service Motions ( without fee) were discontinued years ago, so don’t waste your response time window.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Family said:

You can DIY the N-336 if resources are an issue.

That still costs more than refiling.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

18 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

You would rather request a hearing vs re-filing?  Seems, to me, refiling would be quick, easy, and maybe faster. Practical remedy.

Filing the N-336 is not complicated.
Yes it does require a fee ( can even be done with fee waiver, for low income applicants) and is the most effective action, given OPs particular facts. …and no, it won’t take long or longer than starting all over.

Edited by Family

Timeline
Just now, Family said:

Penny wise, pound foolish 😂 to skimp on correct and good medicine , when you know what ails you. 

A penny saved is a penny earned. 😄

Timeline

Good luck, @Md4764.  We're all pulling for your success.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
12 hours ago, Md4764 said:

Not sure what you're trying to prove. 

By the time you're done with your lawyer, you'll be up $2000+. Additionally, might take time.

Seems you're out to prove something. 

I'll take the path of least resistance as @Crazy Cat, the Sheriff said.

It's election time and you may be lucky and get citizenship before elections by just filing a new petition. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/12/2024 at 10:15 PM, Md4764 said:

Do come back to share your results. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This does seem like a mistake has been made.  Residing at your residence doesn't require you to lock down like an agoraphobe. You can go to the store, you can go camping, or 2 weeks in Vegas. Not sure how a couple weeks in Nigeria would pose a break in domicile. The only thong I can see that might be a problem is the residence end date?  April 10th when the N-400 was filed. Perhaps the end date needed to be something more like 'currently' rather than an actual date?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Posted (edited)

Just a quick update, my for N-336 was submitted July 15. My oat ceremony was scheduled today and my N-336 form has been closed. I’m glad I followed my gut and submitted the appeal.

Thanks everyone :)

Edited by Md4764

33 minutes ago, Md4764 said:

Just a quick update, my for N-336 was submitted July 15. My oat ceremony was scheduled today and my N-336 form has been closed. I’m glad I followed my gut and submitted the appeal.

Thanks everyone :)

Congratulations…..you know I am taking a virtual bow with you😂. Courage paid off!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Family said:

Congratulations…..you know I am taking a virtual bow with you😂. Courage paid off!

Tysm! It only cost me $780 for them to fix their mistake. But I’m so glad it all worked out! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.