epi_freak

Question on Part 3 of Affidavit of Support Form I-864 - Mexico

14 posts in this topic

Timeline

I'm helping my dad petition his brother and his family. On the Affidavit of Support Part 3 section 4.a.  it asked for Family Member 1 Family Name (Last Name).  I have entered his wife in this section.  However, I'm unsure how I should enter the last name.  Usually in Mexico the wife keeps her last name and they add "De" and then the husbands last name.  Example:  Maria Sanchez de Martinez.  Is this how I need to enter the last name here or how should I enter it?

Edited by epi_freak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When did your brother file the I 130?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

He filed in 2004

So 3 years to go if it proceeds on an 1 to 1 basis, which it has not for a very long time, I know there was a bubble to go through.

So seems somewhat premature?

Wonder if they are  245i? But I thought the cutoff was 2001?

Timeline

Sorry I think there is just to much confusion now. We don't have 3 more years to go.  We have an nvc case number already and have paid and completed the DS 260 form. I do appreciate you providing me that link on priority dates. Not sure how his went through much quicker 🤔🤔🤔🫣😊. At this moment I'm only pending to complete the affidavit of support section part 3 for the joint sponsor. I cant seem to understand what i should be using for his wifes last name.

Timeline

Use her current legal name, the name she uses on her DL and Tax filing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, epi_freak said:

Sorry I think there is just to much confusion now. We don't have 3 more years to go.  We have an nvc case number already and have paid and completed the DS 260 form. I do appreciate you providing me that link on priority dates. Not sure how his went through much quicker 🤔🤔🤔🫣😊. At this moment I'm only pending to complete the affidavit of support section part 3 for the joint sponsor. I cant seem to understand what i should be using for his wifes last name.

Yeah, this is confusing. If priroty date is indeed in 2004 then visa won't be issued until a visa number is available even if you've already paid fees and filled DS260. Just pointing this out so guys don't get surprised when no interview get scheduled or no visa gets issued.

For the affidavit support, put the last name as it appears on her legal documents that uses her married name. If it's Sanchez de Martinez, put that.

Good luck.

Edited by nastra30

Timeline

Indeed it is confusing.  We had a deadline to complete the DS - 260 too. If it wasn't paid by a certain date, we could no longer submit.  🙃  Thank you for the heads up on the interview. I am a firm believer in God and my Savior Jesus Christ and he will be in control. 🙏  

Timeline

I am certainly confused please let us know how things progress.

Timeline

UPDATE: Sooo after getting so many questions on the priority date.  I decided to look further into this.  It's been a while since my dad filed the I-130 for my uncle and I'm sure it's hard for him to remember.  Well, it turns out that the priority date is 2001.  Since I'm only assisting him with completing applications and things of that sort I really didn't pay attention to any dates, but as soon as a logged in to complete the affidavit, there it was on the top right hand corner "Priority date"  Sorry for all the confusion you all.  Everything looks good and the timing is good.   

Timeline

Thanks for letting us know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.