26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

January 5th would have been when documents were scanned into the computer / reviewing doesn't start that soon

ย 

ย 

Please complete a timelineย 

check the country/embassy the immigrant will go thru by hitting the word portal aboveย 

read other posts and embassy reviewsย 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Christinab99 said:

Okay thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป so when do they start reviewing ?ย 

When your application reaches the top of whatever pile it is in. ย 
https://www.uscis.gov/tools/checking-your-case-status-online

ย 

this can give you an idea of the average processing timeย 

10 minutes ago, Christinab99 said:

Okay thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป so when do they start reviewing ?ย 

The review and approval itself takes maybe 30 minutes tops. However the backlog is too great. The average processing time for I-130 is 12-14 months.ย 

ย 

ย 

Just now, Christinab99 said:

Omg 12-14 months and still needs the nvc approval as well right, so whatโ€™s the whole timeline process ? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Yes, NVC process too. I think thatโ€™s usually 3-4 months if your documents are all accepted on the first try. The rest of the timeline is all dependent on the consulate as some are more busy/slow than others.

ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Yes, NVC process too. I think thatโ€™s usually 3-4 months if your documents are all accepted on the first try. The rest of the timeline is all dependent on the consulate as some are more busy/slow than others.

Omg okay thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป so the whole process takes like 1 year and half or 2 years ? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

1 minute ago, Christinab99 said:

Omg okay thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป so the whole process takes like 1 year and half or 2 years ? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

18 months to 3 years as some consulates like Islamabad consulate have a huge backlog.

ย 

ย 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 hour ago, Christinab99 said:

I filed my case in December 2023 and they started reviewing it on January 5, now it says case is taking longer then expected ๐Ÿ˜•ย why is that ? And how much longer do I have to wait ? Thanks ย ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿปย 

December 2023 filer here as well. Expect to wait until January/February of 2025 to get an answer.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Christinab99 said:

Omg 12-14 months and still needs the nvc approval as well right, so whatโ€™s the whole timeline process ? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

1 1/2 - 2 years

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Christinab99 said:

Omg ๐Ÿ˜•ย 

1-2 years for the whole process ?ย 

Yes- provided your Consulate does not have a huge backlog.ย ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.