andrea804

Immunizations Requirements

43 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

Oh sorry to confuse you, no I am not near having the medical yet, I am not out of the i-130 stage yet (hoping by Nov/Dec I will be)..just thinking ahead to how I sort things as I have 6 petitions 😀

i just noticed this thread and happened to ask my pharmacy today about Covid vaccines and they said I wouldn't be able to get one on the NHS and I am not even sure if my kids under 12 can have or even need to have for the US.

Hence I was interested in the Boots appointments which are easily sorted for my older children and husband, but they don't do under 12s 😪.

May have to wait until I get past the NVC stage and see what the clinic says at the medical. 

Thanks 👍 

Also I was thinking it's 8 weeks in-between covid doses. So I thought if I get them done before the medical I will save an 8 week further delay..but there's always something I find I need or haven't got 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
29 minutes ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

Also I was thinking it's 8 weeks in-between covid doses. So I thought if I get them done before the medical I will save an 8 week further delay..but there's always something I find I need or haven't got 😂

Apologies but why would you need more than one Covid dose?

31 minutes ago, SL2024 said:

Apologies but why would you need more than one Covid dose?

It's 2 doses 8 weeks apart. If you have it already you can have just the one booster but if you've never had it, its a 2 part vaccination...didn't you have it done and have 2? Unless they have changed it and you only need one now but everyone I know had 2 in the vaccine roll out..

Timeline
2 minutes ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

It's 2 doses 8 weeks apart. If you have it already you can have just the one booster but if you've never had it, its a 2 part vaccination...didn't you have it done and have 2? Unless they have changed it and you only need one now but everyone I know had 2 in the vaccine roll out..

I had 2 doses in 2021 and then a booster in 2022 so 3 doses there and then a booster last month. Have you had the vaccine before?

3 minutes ago, SL2024 said:

I had 2 doses in 2021 and then a booster in 2022 so 3 doses there and then a booster last month. Have you had the vaccine before?

Oh yes, I've had the 2 doses and then 2 subsequent boosters. But my 5 kids aged 9 to 19 didn't have it. So I have assumed its back to the 2 doses from the start etc for them.

But it might be that they are just one dose now and they have streamlined the vaccine, but if not, I am in for a 8 week wait between doses! So wondered whether I should just have them vaccinated now. My husband just needs another booster. I am the USC so I don't think they are that interested in my vaccination history anyway. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

Oh yes, I've had the 2 doses and then 2 subsequent boosters. But my 5 kids aged 9 to 19 didn't have it. So I have assumed its back to the 2 doses from the start etc for them.

But it might be that they are just one dose now and they have streamlined the vaccine, but if not, I am in for a 8 week wait between doses! So wondered whether I should just have them vaccinated now. My husband just needs another booster. I am the USC so I don't think they are that interested in my vaccination history anyway. 

I'm not too sure unfortunately but you could put a post on the forum and see if someone knows or you could wait until the medical and speak to the nurse about it?

Before I had my medical I was informed by Visa Medicals over the phone regarding my appointment and on the booking confirmation email that I needed a Covid booster vaccine but I decided to wait and see what the nurse at my medical appointment advised me.

5 minutes ago, SL2024 said:

I'm not too sure unfortunately but you could put a post on the forum and see if someone knows or you could wait until the medical and speak to the nurse about it?

Before I had my medical I was informed by Visa Medicals over the phone regarding my appointment and on the booking confirmation email that I needed a Covid booster vaccine but I decided to wait and see what the nurse at my medical appointment advised me.

Yes that's the trouble IF they say its 2 doses, 8 weeks apart at the medical appointment, that's 8 weeks further wait before I can book my interviews at London. If they've already had the vaccine, I can hopefully avoid that extra wait. I'll do some googling and searching on the forum. Thank you anyway and good luck with your interview 😊 

@WoodlandsFamily

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrant-refugee-health/media/pdfs/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-panel-physicians-p.pdf

This is what Visa Medicals gave me and what they follow for vaccine requirements. According to this, you just need a COVID jab within 6 months old. Ages are also specified here.

I would email or call them directly to clarify if they need the first two COVID vaccines but looking at this I don't personally believe so. Some people at my medical were told they could get one set of vaccines in a set then they were expected to follow up on extra doses later in the States, but that may be dependant on visa type. 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

Yes that's the trouble IF they say its 2 doses, 8 weeks apart at the medical appointment, that's 8 weeks further wait before I can book my interviews at London. If they've already had the vaccine, I can hopefully avoid that extra wait. I'll do some googling and searching on the forum. Thank you anyway and good luck with your interview 😊 

Thank you - I had my visa interview last week though where I was approved so really happy about that! When I did ask medical related queries when on the phone to Visa Medicals before my medical appointment they were generally able to advise on most things but one or 2 people did say that they didn't want to advise on medical queries as they weren't medically qualified and that it was better to speak to the nurse. 

You could still try calling them and they may take your details and then ask a nurse and then call you back or you could email them? 

3 minutes ago, Melancholic Mage said:

@WoodlandsFamily

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrant-refugee-health/media/pdfs/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-panel-physicians-p.pdf

This is what Visa Medicals gave me and what they follow for vaccine requirements. According to this, you just need a COVID jab within 6 months old. Ages are also specified here.

I would email or call them directly to clarify if they need the first two COVID vaccines but looking at this I don't personally believe so. Some people at my medical were told they could get one set of vaccines in a set then they were expected to follow up on extra doses later in the States, but that may be dependant on visa type. 

Thank you 😊  I will definitely look into this and email them to see what they want. Thanks again! 

1 minute ago, SL2024 said:

Thank you - I had my visa interview last week though where I was approved so really happy about that! When I did ask medical related queries when on the phone to Visa Medicals before my medical appointment they were generally able to advise on most things but one or 2 people did say that they didn't want to advise on medical queries as they weren't medically qualified and that it was better to speak to the nurse. 

You could still try calling them and they may take your details and then ask a nurse and then call you back or you could email them? 

Aah congratulations 🎊 👏 

Yes that's a good idea, I think I will definitely email them as kids and covid vaccines seems all a bit sketchy! 😀 did your whole timeline take long? Are you leaving for the US soon? 

Timeline
Just now, WoodlandsFamily said:

Aah congratulations 🎊 👏 

Yes that's a good idea, I think I will definitely email them as kids and covid vaccines seems all a bit sketchy! 😀 did your whole timeline take long? Are you leaving for the US soon? 

Thank you! And yeah definitely contact them - I found all the staff there helpful. 

It took about a year from my fiancee submitting the petition. And I will be travelling later this year. When did you submit your petition/application?

3 minutes ago, SL2024 said:

Thank you! And yeah definitely contact them - I found all the staff there helpful. 

It took about a year from my fiancee submitting the petition. And I will be travelling later this year. When did you submit your petition/application?

That's not bad at all!

I am an IR1/IR2 case and it was early last October I applied. I hope it goes smoothly. We've been married 20 years and have 5 kids so my husband and kids should get the 10 year green card straight away if all goes well. I hope it will be done by Spring if no RFEs or long waits. Did you wait long between NVC and the London Embassy?

Timeline
1 minute ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

That's not bad at all!

I am an IR1/IR2 case and it was early last October I applied. I hope it goes smoothly. We've been married 20 years and have 5 kids so my husband and kids should get the 10 year green card straight away if all goes well. I hope it will be done by Spring if no RFEs or long waits. Did you wait long between NVC and the London Embassy?

Ahh so you have had to a wait a little while. What state are you applying for? And I don't think I had to wait too long for the NVC and London Embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.