andrea804

Immunizations Requirements

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, WoodlandsFamily said:

Yeah I think the spouse ones are longer. 

Kentucky hopefully 🙏 I love my horses 🐎 

You? 

Ahh yeah I have heard of the Kentucky Derby! And California.

3 hours ago, SL2024 said:

Oh really? haha did you grow up there then?

Only for the first 7 years of my life, don't remember much unfortunately. Wanted to go back for years now but life just didn't take me down that road. Hopefully I will be back soon! I do remember Cali can get very hot 🔥  but unlike the UK they have air conditioning 😂

Timeline
2 hours ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

Only for the first 7 years of my life, don't remember much unfortunately. Wanted to go back for years now but life just didn't take me down that road. Hopefully I will be back soon! I do remember Cali can get very hot 🔥  but unlike the UK they have air conditioning 😂

Ahh yeah it can get very hot for sure!

On 8/16/2024 at 5:15 PM, SL2024 said:

Thank you! And yeah definitely contact them - I found all the staff there helpful. 

It took about a year from my fiancee submitting the petition. And I will be travelling later this year. When did you submit your petition/application?

Not entirely related to the original question of this chain, but did you book your flights/plans once your got your interview letter? Me & my hubs were DQ’d June 28th, so hoping to get an interview letter any day now!!!! Our plan was to book a refundable (in case things need to get changed around) ticket 2 weeks out from his interview date. Is this something people often do?? It seems so expensive to buy any later than that bc it would be so soon. I already fear the prices of a one way ticket 2 months out 😅🥲

Timeline
36 minutes ago, tunaqueen25 said:

Not entirely related to the original question of this chain, but did you book your flights/plans once your got your interview letter? Me & my hubs were DQ’d June 28th, so hoping to get an interview letter any day now!!!! Our plan was to book a refundable (in case things need to get changed around) ticket 2 weeks out from his interview date. Is this something people often do?? It seems so expensive to buy any later than that bc it would be so soon. I already fear the prices of a one way ticket 2 months out 😅🥲

I didn't because throughout the process I have seen online and on the paperwork received from the Embassy that they advise or recommend you to not book any trips so I followed their advice. I only booked once it was confirmed that I was approved. 

Best to only make travel plans once you’ve actually secured your visa. If something went wrong, (denied/delayed), then you’ve not gone to the expense of purchasing a more expensive refundable ticket. 

1 hour ago, tunaqueen25 said:

i suppose - but what’s pricier, a last minute ticket or a refundable that’s further out 😅

It depends on the cabin, (Y Class). If you’re going to fly a cheap no frills airline, then often fares will remain constant. Depending where your final POE will be, some flights are as low as £80.

Have a look at Norse Airlines, (used to be called Norwegian). Flying from London Gatwick to several U.S. hubs. I see one into Orlando for around £180, although I did see one for £80 the other day! Aer Lingus have good prices with the actual U.S. POE being Dublin, then an internal onward flight.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2024 at 4:39 PM, tunaqueen25 said:

Don't book a one way ticket - they're usually much more expensive than a return.

We booked flexible returns, so that we could change the date. And then just used the returns to visit for Christmas the year after we moved (but you could not use them if you didn't want to visit). 

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.