Dan and Akari

Document request: format/other issue, NVC/Embassy miscommunication, or other?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Posted (edited)

My wife's interview letter (Myanmar citizen, residing in Bangkok) from the Bangkok Embassy states that prior to her interview we must upload a Valid Myanmar Police Certificate and translation despite the fact that we uploaded one that was accepted by NVC in March 2024.  She has not returned to Myanmar since then so the certificate should still be valid.  After getting stuck for 10 weeks in the sputum test debacle, we don't want any surprises at her interview on July 26.  Attached is a redacted copy of the certificate and translation we submitted.  I uploaded it again and hope it will suffice, but I want to make sure I am covering all my bases.

Myanmar Police Certificate redacted.pdf 

@ThailandRand @Mike E I saw your thread below, similar but not exact issue last July so I was hoping you could chime in.

Edited by Dan and Akari
Format issue with attached file

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Upload again or not. If it's already there, it's already there.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Upload again or not. If it's already there, it's already there.

Not questioning whether or not the document is there. I can see it’s there, and I know it’s valid because she went back to Myanmar in February to get it and hasn’t been back to Myanmar since. My question is are they questioning the validity of the document that is obviously there. If this message is simply that they don’t think it’s there then I am not concerned. My concern is that there is something wrong with the document we uploaded. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Dan and Akari said:

Not questioning whether or not the document is there. I can see it’s there, and I know it’s valid because she went back to Myanmar in February to get it and hasn’t been back to Myanmar since. My question is are they questioning the validity of the document that is obviously there. If this message is simply that they don’t think it’s there then I am not concerned. My concern is that there is something wrong with the document we uploaded. 

What is the exact wording that causes you to think they might be questioning what's already there?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
34 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

What is the exact wording that causes you to think they might be questioning what's already there?

Standard wording:

“Prior to your interview, you must scan and upload the following documents into the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) website by accessing the following link: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

  

Petitioner’s heading

-         Evidence of relationship between petitioner and applicant such as photographs etc.

Applicant’s heading

-         Valid Myanmar Police Certificate and translation

Just wanting to make sure this is just standard and it’s merely an oversight on the part of the embassy since the document is clearly on the ceac site and wanting to know that I’m not missing something else. I’m sure I’m overthinking but I prefer to research now rather than find out something at the interview that could have been avoided. 

Timeline

Not purely standard to ask for relationship evidence.  If this is a direct request, that's one thing.  If it's just a general email, that's another.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, pushbrk said:

If this is a direct request, that's one thing.  If it's just a general email, that's another.

It’s in the general email about her interview, but I would consider a direct request; however, this is her second interview because she got flagged for TB testing before her first interview. Her first interview letter asked for completely different information to be uploaded.

I uploaded relationship evidence in her section on CEAC’s website, but I didn’t upload that evidence onto my section of the website. Consequently, the request to upload evidence into my section is legitimate. Relationship evidence is not a requirement to upload and there is no specific folder for relationship evidence when you upload documents so I never uploaded any into my section.  

I’m not concerned because since we officially married last July I’ve visited her in Thailand 7 times for a total of around 6 months. Before the marriage we lived together in Thailand together for 6 months. My family has visited us in Thailand, I’ve visited Myanmar 4 times, her family has visited us a half dozen times, all of this chronicled with photos, passport stamps, receipts and we own a house together in Myanmar,etc amounting to a mountain of legitimate relationship evidence that I uploaded into her section already in March. 

My concern, and the reason for my post, was the fact that we already uploaded her Myanmar police certificate and it was accepted by NVC in March. I wasn’t sure why they were asking for something they already had unless there was something wrong with what we uploaded.

Edited by Dan and Akari
Spelling

Timeline

In my opinion, don't worry about why, and just upload it.  It cannot hurt.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 7/6/2024 at 2:23 PM, Dan and Akari said:

My wife's interview letter (Myanmar citizen, residing in Bangkok) from the Bangkok Embassy states that prior to her interview we must upload a Valid Myanmar Police Certificate and translation despite the fact that we uploaded one that was accepted by NVC in March 2024.  She has not returned to Myanmar since then so the certificate should still be valid.  After getting stuck for 10 weeks in the sputum test debacle, we don't want any surprises at her interview on July 26.  Attached is a redacted copy of the certificate and translation we submitted.  I uploaded it again and hope it will suffice, but I want to make sure I am covering all my bases.

Myanmar Police Certificate redacted.pdf 875.05 kB · 8 downloads  

@ThailandRand @Mike E I saw your thread below, similar but not exact issue last July so I was hoping you could chime in.

My wife luckily had a Family member who went back to the Village in Hlaingbwe and contacted the Village chief who is her father in-law.  He wrote a letter indicating who my wife is, which listed her parents, address in the village, her national ID card number and included a copy of the government house registration.  He then took that along with her ID card and another document indicating she had no birth certificate as no one in the village does or did, and took it to his contact at the Police HQ in the next town over.  They then issued her a Police Certificate of Clearance which also documented her ID information and which was stamped and signed and showed the Police emblem in the upper left corner.

The family member then brought all of the documents back to Bangkok and we had them all translated into English and then certified by a Notary who is a lawyer and works with the Thai police.

We then included all of these documents and written Affudavits of her mother, brother and an Aunt which indicated where she was born and how they knew her as she had no birth certificate.  All of these affidavits we also had notarized by the lawyer as well and included copies of their ID cards, also translated, and attached.

My wife then took them with her to the interview, we had made copies of all which the Lawyer also notarized for us.

Keep the originals as you will need them later on possibly.

Timeline

Thank you for taking the time to reply.   y wife has all of her originals, and knowing what I know about Myanmar, I am sure that each township has a slightly different form.  My wife's form does reference her national ID card number, her parents, address in Yangon and was signed by someone at the police station and my wife, then stamped.  We then had it translated and notorized in Yangon.  I uploaded it again(attached redacted version in my original post), and she will take the originals with her.  I am sure everything is fine.  It's just odd (or maybe not odd) that they were asking for something we already submitted and they approved.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.