stephanyv

DS-160 payment and another question

4 posts in this topic

I submited my DS-160 for the K1 on Monday, but i'm wondering when do i have to make the payment?

Also, a month ago my fiance received an email saying that the nvc forwarded our case to the embassy but havent heard anything and i know that we need some sort of notification so i can schedule the appointment at the embassy.

Screenshot_20240703_234011_Chrome.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

This was answered in another thread; the specifics to how your case will progress and when/how payments are made is heavily based on which embassy your fiance(e) will be using.  Please complete your timeline.

Our K-1 Journey

7 Aug 2023: I-129F petition mailed.

9 Aug 2023: NOA1, arrives approx. a week after mailing with this issuance date.

1 Mar 2024: NOA2 (v 1.0) issued.  Time between NOAs, 205 days (6 months 23 days).  NOA2 exp date 30 Jun 2024.

8 Mar 2024: NVC received case.

1 Apr 2024: after one inquiry, NVC provided case #.

8 May 2024: NOA2 (v 2.0) issued.  Same USCIS #, same case #, new exp date of 7 Sep 2024.

May-June 2024: many inquiries sent to NVC as well as the embassy, as we see other K1s with later NOA2s are sent to Johannesburg before us.  Involved senators to investigate, refused to assist without expedite request.  Emailed the White House, end of June 2024.

2 Jul 2024: case leaves the NVC for Johannesburg.  Total wait time at NVC, 123 days (4 months 1 day).

5 Jul 2024: consulate in Johannesburg receives case.

8 Jul 2024: Packets 3 & 4 received, medical and visa appointments scheduled.

23 Jul 2024: medical appointment with Dr. Brauer (Cape Town).

8 Aug 2024: visa interview with CO in Johannesburg, 16 days after medical.  Visa not issued because medical packet wasn't filed yet.  Passport and birth certificate kept by CO.  Total time from NOA1 to interview/approval, 365 days (exactly 1 year).

13 Aug 2024: email to consulate due to CEAC still displaying "Application Received" status, instead of the predicted "Refused" or "Administrative Processing".

14 Aug 2024: consulate reply, they are currently processing visa.  CEAC status changes to "Approved" (no refused or AP statuses prior).

15 Aug 2024: CEAC case status changed to "Issued".

2 hours ago, hplusj said:

This was answered in another thread; the specifics to how your case will progress and when/how payments are made is heavily based on which embassy your fiance(e) will be using.  Please complete your timeline.

I thought i did, i fill out the info on the timeline and set the embassy to Juarez Mexico

*** Thread moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures ***

You might want to check out the Mexico portal, particularly the Juarez consulate information link/page:

https://www.visajourney.com/portals//index.php?country=Mexico

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.