mangomynz

How to change US consulate for K1 visa (I-129F fomr USCIS) [Multiple merged threads]

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Regarding the 4 moth validity of your USCIS approval notice, the Visa Officer can extend that in 4 month increments if you haven't completed your interview yet. This is done at the time of the interview.

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage : 2024-10-25

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

54 minutes ago, Edward and Jaycel said:

Regarding the 4 moth validity of your USCIS approval notice, the Visa Officer can extend that in 4 month increments if you haven't completed your interview yet. This is done at the time of the interview.

Thank you for your answer. Could you elaborate a little bit more, when you refer to the Visa Officer, you mean the officer from the US embassy? In this situation, should I reach out to the US embassy where I want to transfer my case? Also since It is going to take time to transfer my case to the other embassy and of course I won't have my interview date yet, how could I extend it?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mangomynz said:

Thank you for your answer. Could you elaborate a little bit more, when you refer to the Visa Officer, you mean the officer from the US embassy? In this situation, should I reach out to the US embassy where I want to transfer my case? Also since It is going to take time to transfer my case to the other embassy and of course I won't have my interview date yet, how could I extend it?

The Visa Officer is the one who will be conducting the interview. I know that someone on VJ tried to contact the Embassy in Manila to ask that they extend the expiration and they replied that they would not as it is up to the Visa Officer to extend it at the time of the interview.

K1 Visa
EventDate

Transferred?No

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Edward and Jaycel said:

The Visa Officer is the one who will be conducting the interview. I know that someone on VJ tried to contact the Embassy in Manila to ask that they extend the expiration and they replied that they would not as it is up to the Visa Officer to extend it at the time of the interview.

I don't recall ever seeing a K-1 expire unless it was sent back to USCIS. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I don't recall ever seeing a K-1 expire unless it was sent back to USCIS. 

Agreed.... in all my research I have done on the K-1 process, I have never seen a story of a Visa Officer refusing to extend it at the interview

K1 Visa
EventDate

Transferred?No

Comments :

Timeline

Here's a screenshot of the the response from the Consular Communications Group in Manila, to the VJ user who asked to extend the validity of his NOA2 before the interview.

2024-08-15_13-44-52.png

K1 Visa
EventDate

Transferred?No

Comments :

Posted (edited)

I have a question regarding CEAC visa status. What does "Ready" mean exactly? I read on forums that the case is ready in the consulate for the interview and it is in the US consulate. However,  I tried to contact the embassy for a transfer change, but I received a reply that the case is still not in the US consulate in Frankfurt. Did anyone encounter this?

K1 visa case status on CEAC tracker website (edited).png

Edited by mangomynz

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mangomynz said:

I have a question regarding CEAC visa status. What does "Ready" mean exactly? I read on forums that the case is ready in the consulate for the interview and it is in the US consulate. However,  I tried to contact the embassy for a transfer change, but I received a reply that the case is still not in the US consulate in Frankfurt. Did anyone encounter this?

K1 visa case status on CEAC tracker website (edited).png

Also, does anyone have any knowledge, that if I change the embassy will I receive a new case number especially if the transfer process is done through embassies not through NVC?

I am not sure if I should wait until the case is transferred and then do the DS-160 form or if should I do it now and select an interview location in Lithuania. 

Edited by mangomynz

2 hours ago, mangomynz said:

The electronic file is there but not the physical. It takes longer to get there via a diplomatic pouch.

Also, does anyone have any knowledge, that if I change the embassy will I receive a new case number especially if the transfer process is done through embassies not through NVC?

I believe you would.

I am not sure if I should wait until the case is transferred and then do the DS-160 form or if should I do it now and select an interview location in Lithuania. 

I would wait. What’s the rush? Filling one now will not speed up the transfer. 

Edited by powerpuff

• 2 weeks later...

Do you need to notarize the translated police certificate?

Generally, no. However each consulate might have different requirements. Mine did require that but they explicitly stated that in Packet 3/4 they sent.

Also if the translation was done digitally is it okay to print it as a copy? Or do you need to get a paper version original translation?

I believe that should be okay. 

I have a question for people who had to get german police certificate "Fuehrungszeugnis". I just received a german police certificate of good conduct but I received a European certificate of good conduct "Europäisches Fuehrungszeugnis from Germany instead of a regular one. No I'm not german national. Will this be an issue? I checked on the internet it shows the same information like a regular one.

5 hours ago, mangomynz said:

I have a question for people who had to get german police certificate "Fuehrungszeugnis". I just received a german police certificate of good conduct but I received a European certificate of good conduct "Europäisches Fuehrungszeugnis from Germany instead of a regular one. No I'm not german national. Will this be an issue? I checked on the internet it shows the same information like a regular one.

This is what's expected :

Police Certificates

Available

Fees: The fee for every certificate of conduct is €13.

Document Name: Führungszeugnis, certificate of conduct, also referred to as a “police check”, “background check” or “criminal records check”

Issuing Authority: Bundesamt für Justiz (Federal Office of Justice)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Printed on special green paper/ German Eagle in the background/ no signature or seal/ DIN A4 format

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Administrative Clerk at Federal Office of Justice

Registration Criteria: If a person is aged 14 or over, they are able to apply for a certificate of conduct.

Procedure for Obtaining: The application can be made verbally by personal appearance or in simple written form to the registration authority at the following addresses mentioned below. Former residents of Germany, no longer registered in Germany, can apply for an individual record through the German Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence, or directly with the Bundeszentralregister in Bonn. The application form is available at the German Embassy/Consulate, or directly from the Generalbundesanwalt beim Bundesgerichtshof Dienststelle Bundeszentralregister. Personal appearance: Besucherservice, Adenauerallee 99-103, 53113 Bonn. Their office hours are Mondays - Wednesdays: 7:30 - 16:00; Thursdays: 7:30 - 15:30; and Fridays 7:30 - 14:00. Written requests may be sent to: Der Generalbundesanwalt beim Bundesgerichtshof, Dienststelle Bundeszentralregister, Sachgebiet BZR 32 - Internationale Rechtshilfe, 53094 Bonn.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available

Alternate Documents: Strafregisterbescheinigung or Auszug aus dem Strafregister (extract from criminal record registration)

Exceptions None

Source: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Germany.html

Where it says "Exceptions: None" this means you have to give exactly this and nothing else will be accepted. Check if your document fits this description above.

23 minutes ago, OldUser said:

This is what's expected :

Police Certificates

Available

Fees: The fee for every certificate of conduct is €13.

Document Name: Führungszeugnis, certificate of conduct, also referred to as a “police check”, “background check” or “criminal records check”

Issuing Authority: Bundesamt für Justiz (Federal Office of Justice)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Printed on special green paper/ German Eagle in the background/ no signature or seal/ DIN A4 format

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Administrative Clerk at Federal Office of Justice

Registration Criteria: If a person is aged 14 or over, they are able to apply for a certificate of conduct.

Procedure for Obtaining: The application can be made verbally by personal appearance or in simple written form to the registration authority at the following addresses mentioned below. Former residents of Germany, no longer registered in Germany, can apply for an individual record through the German Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence, or directly with the Bundeszentralregister in Bonn. The application form is available at the German Embassy/Consulate, or directly from the Generalbundesanwalt beim Bundesgerichtshof Dienststelle Bundeszentralregister. Personal appearance: Besucherservice, Adenauerallee 99-103, 53113 Bonn. Their office hours are Mondays - Wednesdays: 7:30 - 16:00; Thursdays: 7:30 - 15:30; and Fridays 7:30 - 14:00. Written requests may be sent to: Der Generalbundesanwalt beim Bundesgerichtshof, Dienststelle Bundeszentralregister, Sachgebiet BZR 32 - Internationale Rechtshilfe, 53094 Bonn.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available

Alternate Documents: Strafregisterbescheinigung or Auszug aus dem Strafregister (extract from criminal record registration)

Exceptions None

Source: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Germany.html

Where it says "Exceptions: None" this means you have to give exactly this and nothing else will be accepted. Check if your document fits this description above.

I have seen this before. Everything fits the description it is "Führungszeugnis" and same orginization who issued it but it is "Europäisches Führungszeugnis" basically from what I read it is other EU countries citizens which applies to me and I was there staying for a while. Contents are not different from a regular one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.