mangomynz

How to change US consulate for K1 visa (I-129F fomr USCIS) [Multiple merged threads]

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mangomynz said:

So you don't have to submit these documents to NVC , right? I read somewhere that said you have to submit police certificates, birth certificate and etc. to NVC or something like this not sure if it is true.

correct.

for the K-1 visa you submit nothing to the NVC in terms of those documents. the NVC just processes the case for the embassy.

There are some visa types where you upload documents to the NVC, but the K-1 visa is not one of them.

Edited by MalloryCat

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024 APPROVED!

Visa Issued: 07-11-2024

Visa Received: 7-15-2024

Date of Entry: 11-5-2024

Married: 12-18-2024

6 hours ago, mangomynz said:

So you don't have to submit these documents to NVC, right? I read somewhere that said you have to submit police certificates, birth certificate and etc. to NVC or something like this not sure if it is true.

Not true.  Nothing is submitted to NVC for K-1s.

Hello,

how can I contact NVC by making a public inquiry if I haven't received a code from NVC yet based on their website it says that they are currently not working on my case. Can I still contact them? Or should I call them in order to inform them about our desire to change the US embassy location for the interview? We are not sure what the right way to do this is because we don't want to miss a chance to inform them about our case of changing the embassy location. Also, should I contact the US embassy from the previous location listed in the petition and also the new US embassy location where we want to conduct the interview even though NVC didn't assign the number yet or anything?

We appreciate any help or suggestion to these more specific questions about the NVC processing. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You can still submit an inquiry on the site without the case number.

Link - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Even if they aren't yet working on your case per the website you can ask your questions about next steps, or reference the FAQs. 

I will say, their site did not say that they were working on my case, and then within one day I was told the case was created and sent to the embassy via email. Their dates are a guideline but not necessarily 100% accurate. 

Edited by ScarletWitch6x

On 7/7/2024 at 8:06 PM, powerpuff said:

No, you do not need to inform USCIS and even if you did, they will not change the consulate. They automatically assign it to the current residence country no matter what you put in the consulate section or no matter what you request after submitting the petition. The only way to change the location is at NVC

In the public inquiry to NVC, should I write the mailing address of beneficiary or is it better to write the home address where he resides? He prefers to receive mail and visa related documents to the mailing address.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Today, I just received an email from NVC about my case, my case number for the first time after NOA2, and that it was in transit already when I checked CEAC to track my visa status. The thing is I didn't expect that my case would be processed today out of nowhere and that fast. I just received an email an hour ago and I hope the case is still at NVC because I want to change the US embassy location to process my visa and for my fiance to conduct his interview in his home country where he will reside by the time the case will be in "ready" status.  I sent a public inquiry to NVC. Do you think that we can still change the US embassy location by making a public inquiry since in the email it said that "now we will forward the case to the US consulate"?

Five related threads on NVC and change of consulate merged together. Please keep ALL further questions regarding this in this thread only.

8 hours ago, mangomynz said:

Hello,

Today, I just received an email from NVC about my case, my case number for the first time after NOA2, and that it was in transit already when I checked CEAC to track my visa status. The thing is I didn't expect that my case would be processed today out of nowhere and that fast. I just received an email an hour ago and I hope the case is still at NVC because I want to change the US embassy location to process my visa and for my fiance to conduct his interview in his home country where he will reside by the time the case will be in "ready" status.  I sent a public inquiry to NVC. Do you think that we can still change the US embassy location by making a public inquiry since in the email it said that "now we will forward the case to the US consulate"?

No, you can’t change it through NVC and public inquiry anymore. Once the case leaves NVC, that’s not an option. Now you will have to contact the consulate you want to change to (Lithuania) and they will have to request the case from Germany. I would also inform Germany about this. Prepare for a several month long delay. This will not be fast process anymore.

Edited by powerpuff

• powerpuff changed the title to How to change US consulate for K1 visa (I-129F fomr USCIS) [Multiple merged threads]

Hello,

We made a petition for a K1 visa, and our I-129F petition got approved by USCIS and got forwarded to NVC. 2 days ago, we received our case number via email from NVC and they will forward the case to the US consulate in Germany which was what we wrote in our I_129F petition but in our current situation we want to have the interview in US embassy in Lithuania, my beneficiary's home country. It says the case is "In Transit" status on the 13th of August. We made an inquiry to NVC and the first reply we got was that I should provide a new address and phone number to NVC. So we did that through inquiry again, however, we received completely answer that the petition was forwarded on the 13th of August. What should we do now? Should we contact the embassy in Germany or the consulate in Lithuania where we want our interview to happen for the case to transfer there and also should we wait until the case is in "Ready" status?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Contact the new consulate and ask for a transfer from Frankfort to Lithuania. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

12 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Contact the new consulate and ask for a transfer from Frankfort to Lithuania. 

Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it
Should we do that when the case is "Ready" on the CEAC tracker website? Or should we try when it is still "In Transit"? 
I also know that I am supposed to receive some sort of package 3 or letter from the US embassy. What should we do because US consulate might send it even though my beneficiary will not live there anymore and he is going to be in Lithuania where we want to do the interview.
Also, I know that USCIS approval is for 4 months, right? How can we extend it if the transfer process going to take long? Should we contact the US embassy where we want to conduct our interview and process our visa to extend it or the consulate in Germany?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, mangomynz said:

Should we do that when the case is "Ready" on the CEAC tracker website? Or should we try when it is still "In Transit"? 

You can try now.  Give them your NVC (DOS) case number and explain the situation.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.