mangomynz

How to change US consulate for K1 visa (I-129F fomr USCIS) [Multiple merged threads]

45 posts in this topic

Hello,

In our I-129f petition, we wrote to do the interview at the US consulate in Germany, however, the beneficiary will go back to his home country and we want to do the interview at the US consulate in his home country. We already received a letter for RFE and we submitted evidence for that. How can we change the US consulate location to his home country to have an interview for a K1 visa? Is there a form or email where you have to inform about that? Do you need any additional documentation? Has anyone experienced this and could help us? Is it better to inform USCIS now before the case gets approved? Or is it better to inform NVC before USCIS accepts the I-129f application for a K1 visa? Or should we wait after we get accepted by USCIS and inform NVC? Should we also contact both the US consulate in his home country and the consulate in Germany?

I appreciate any suggestions, help, or advice! Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Make sure he has the criminal report from Germany (if needed)  before he leaves for his country

he will be filling out the ds 160 and use his home country address plus u should inform NVD and his embassy at home

1 hour ago, mangomynz said:

If I file a public inquiry to NVC, do you need any additional documents to prove that you are resident in the home country? What documents could it be?

Usually a passport will suffice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, mangomynz said:

If I file a public inquiry to NVC, do you need any additional documents to prove that you are resident in the home country? What documents could it be?

passport or national ID

it would help V J  community answer your query if we knew what country is his home

Edited by JeanneAdil

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 12:28 AM, JeanneAdil said:

he will be filling out the ds 160 and use his home country address plus u should inform NVD and his embassy at home

So if he changes his residence location to his home country in Lithuania, don't we need to inform USCIS? I am just afraid that we might not receive a letter after USCIS approves the I129f application for K1 visa to his residence location in Lithuania after he moves from Germany to his home country.

Edited by mangomynz
Mistake in text

On 7/5/2024 at 10:10 PM, mangomynz said:

So if he changes his residence location to his home country in Lithuania, don't we need to inform USCIS? I am just afraid that we might not receive a letter after USCIS approves the I129f application for K1 visa to his residence location in Lithuania after he moves from Germany to his home country.

No, you do not need to inform USCIS and even if you did, they will not change the consulate. They automatically assign it to the current residence country no matter what you put in the consulate section or no matter what you request after submitting the petition. The only way to change the location is at NVC

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Our I129f application got approved by USCIS. What are the next steps after that especially since we also want to change interview location to his home country. Do we contact NVC and make public inquiry or should we call also the embassy in his home country? Could you please explain how things go after case got approved and what should we do? Should we wait for the letter that case got approved or wait until it moves to NVC? Do we have to submit all police certificates and other documents somewhere online? How fast do you have to submit your documents since my beneficiary is on the vacation and he cannot order police certificate from Germany remotely? When can you go for medical examination? How do you book the interview and when can you do that?

I appreciate your help and suggestions and any comments.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

First of all: congrats!

It seems like your question has already been answered in a previous topic you opened: Inform the NVC of your request through the Public Inquiry form. They usually answer in a few days.

Be aware: it takes a while for USCIS to send the approved petition to the NVC. However, in your case, it might be smart to inquire early.  Check nvc.state.gov/timeframes to see which dates they're currently working on.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Yareth

Reading is what? Fun-da-men-tal!

especially during your Visa Journey

8 minutes ago, Yareth said:

First of all: congrats!

It seems like your question has already been answered in a previous topic you opened: Inform the NVC of your request through the Public Inquiry form. They usually answer in a few days.

Be aware: it takes a while for USCIS to send the approved petition to the NVC. However, in your case, it might be smart to inquire early.  Check nvc.state.gov/timeframes to see which dates they're currently working on.

Edit: grammar

Hi Yareth, thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it. What about the further procedures that we have to do besides NVC? Also what about medical exam, and documents we have to submit like I asked in this topic?

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You'll schedule the medical exam once the embassy has your petition and they have contacted you. you don't want to do the medical exam too early as the validity of the actual k-1 visa(6 months) is based off the date of the medical exam, not the interview approval date.

The embassy typically sends the foreign fiance "packet 3" which has all the instructions and the next steps of the process.

At this point there are no documents you submit online to anyone.

The foreign fiance will bring whatever documents that are listed in the instructions sent by the embassy with them to their interview. This incudes police certificates, birth certificates, form i-134, etc.

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024 APPROVED!

Visa Issued: 07-11-2024

Visa Received: 7-15-2024

Date of Entry: 11-5-2024

Married: 12-18-2024

2 hours ago, MalloryCat said:

You'll schedule the medical exam once the embassy has your petition and they have contacted you. you don't want to do the medical exam too early as the validity of the actual k-1 visa(6 months) is based off the date of the medical exam, not the interview approval date.

The embassy typically sends the foreign fiance "packet 3" which has all the instructions and the next steps of the process.

At this point there are no documents you submit online to anyone.

The foreign fiance will bring whatever documents that are listed in the instructions sent by the embassy with them to their interview. This incudes police certificates, birth certificates, form i-134, etc.

So you don't have to submit these documents to NVC, right? I read somewhere that said you have to submit police certificates, birth certificate and etc. to NVC or something like this not sure if it is true.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.