Rosaly

Questions on Supporting Evidence for I-134

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi,

Next week I will have my interview at the US consulate in Frankfurt.

All documents are collected, copied, translated etc.

i think something important is missing. The bank statement.

Do we abolutely need to collect ALL the evidence mentionen in the section on Supporting Evidence in the intrusctions of the I-134? 

We have the I-134 and to go with it, the 1040 and W2, Paystubs of the last year, and a statement from his employer stating his jobfunction, pay and his permanent potition. 

Now for the bank statement: the instructions clearly say it needs to be from an officer of the bank who will provide information such as when the account was opened, the money deposited in the account and its current balance.

..... instead he send me a print of a statement of account with all the deposits and withdrawals / payments from the last month. Of course i brought it up, but he wont hear it.

He says everything he send me already will be sufficiant and that he is sure they will believe he makes enough to support me financially. I mean, He does by far but that not the point. Point is it needs to be proven.

Is my fiancé now being stubborn or am i worrying too much and will it indeed be fine? I feel this is going to end up in a refusal or at least AP and we have to send it anyway.

Only a week left to prepare. I am lost on what to do now.

And yes, we started well in time collecting stuff.

Packet 3 letter states K1 applicants MAY fill out form I-134, OR submit evidence they wont become a public charge... Any one who has already had their interview in Frankfurt who did this without the I-134? it sounds optional.

I-129F - 2023, September 28

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

NVC Case# - 2024, April 19

Consulate Received - 2024, April 25

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

P3 & P4 received - 2024, May 16

Medical exam - 2024, June 7

Interview - 2024, July 12, APPROVED!

Visa Issued - 2024, July 16

Visa Received - 2024, July 18

US Entry - 2024, August 24

Wedding planned - 2024, Oktober 31

To be continued...

💖

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Rosaly said:

Paystubs of the last year, and a statement from his employer stating his jobfunction, pay and his permanent potition. 

If current income is sufficient, then you should be fine.  CURRENT income is king.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

OMG you guys are the best. THANK YOU!

Just had the weight lifted from my shoulders, 😂

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

To be continued...

💖

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
22 hours ago, Rosaly said:

Hi,

Next week I will have my interview at the US consulate in Frankfurt.

All documents are collected, copied, translated etc.

i think something important is missing. The bank statement.

Do we abolutely need to collect ALL the evidence mentionen in the section on Supporting Evidence in the intrusctions of the I-134? 

We have the I-134 and to go with it, the 1040 and W2, Paystubs of the last year, and a statement from his employer stating his jobfunction, pay and his permanent potition. 

Now for the bank statement: the instructions clearly say it needs to be from an officer of the bank who will provide information such as when the account was opened, the money deposited in the account and its current balance.

..... instead he send me a print of a statement of account with all the deposits and withdrawals / payments from the last month. Of course i brought it up, but he wont hear it.

He says everything he send me already will be sufficiant and that he is sure they will believe he makes enough to support me financially. I mean, He does by far but that not the point. Point is it needs to be proven.

Is my fiancé now being stubborn or am i worrying too much and will it indeed be fine? I feel this is going to end up in a refusal or at least AP and we have to send it anyway.

Only a week left to prepare. I am lost on what to do now.

And yes, we started well in time collecting stuff.

Packet 3 letter states K1 applicants MAY fill out form I-134, OR submit evidence they wont become a public charge... Any one who has already had their interview in Frankfurt who did this without the I-134? it sounds optional.

Hi I was in Frankfurt as well :) they asked for my fiancés recent W-2 and the IRS tax return :) they didn’t need any bank statement, employment verification or any other tax documents. I think it’s good to have them but all they asked about are the mentioned above documents and the I-134, my birth certificate, my police certificate, and asked if I had a visa already and if it’s still valid. I believe that’s it 😄 it’s always good to have more but it’s really important to have what they request :) good luck 🍀 

Timeline
On 7/5/2024 at 1:21 PM, Pase2323 said:

Hi I was in Frankfurt as well :) they asked for my fiancés recent W-2 and the IRS tax return :) they didn’t need any bank statement, employment verification or any other tax documents. I think it’s good to have them but all they asked about are the mentioned above documents and the I-134, my birth certificate, my police certificate, and asked if I had a visa already and if it’s still valid. I believe that’s it 😄 it’s always good to have more but it’s really important to have what they request :) good luck 🍀 

Thank you!

How was your overall experience? Is it true the interview itself only lasts like 5 to 10 minutes?

Im getting somewhat nervous and I just know standing there too nervous to even speak is not working in my favor😂 

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

To be continued...

💖

Timeline
6 hours ago, Rosaly said:

Thank you!

How was your overall experience? Is it true the interview itself only lasts like 5 to 10 minutes?

Im getting somewhat nervous and I just know standing there too nervous to even speak is not working in my favor😂 

They were really nice! And yes! I waited like an hour to get to the first counter and was super nervous… but as soon as I was called I just had my “mission” ahead and I got calmer 😄 the second counter (the actual interview) was really just like 10 minutes long and they were nice too! Long waiting time but all in all nice staff and good experience!

Timeline

Okay cool, That calms my nerves a bit :D 

Also, Is there any dress code i have to keep in mind? 

Im so stuck on what to wear. Ive seen online Business casual is recommended, but i dont have anything that fits the style.

Like, Jeans be too casual because they look faded and the 1 business dress i do have may be too businessy, too uptight.

If i arrive as 'Just me' The dress code is gonna be sweatpants and a tshirt.😂 Send Help!

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

To be continued...

💖

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You could make the dress more casual with a sweater/cardigan :) 

I always err on the side of dressing to impress for these things, my "just me" attire would also be cozy clothes :P 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Rosaly said:

Okay cool, That calms my nerves a bit :D 

Also, Is there any dress code i have to keep in mind? 

Im so stuck on what to wear. Ive seen online Business casual is recommended, but i dont have anything that fits the style.

Like, Jeans be too casual because they look faded and the 1 business dress i do have may be too businessy, too uptight.

If i arrive as 'Just me' The dress code is gonna be sweatpants and a tshirt. 😂  Send Help!

my fiance had his interview this morning (APPROVED!!!)

and because of the heat he ended up wearing jean shorts.

I think as long as you look somewhat put together (no sweatpants 😂) i think you should be fine

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024 APPROVED!

Visa Issued: 07-11-2024

Visa Received: 7-15-2024

Date of Entry: 11-5-2024

Timeline
22 hours ago, MalloryCat said:

my fiance had his interview this morning (APPROVED!!!)

and because of the heat he ended up wearing jean shorts.

I think as long as you look somewhat put together (no sweatpants 😂) i think you should be fine

Congratulations!! Thats really good news and i am happy for you both!🥳

I so hope I will have good news on Friday to share as well 😁

And Thank you ! Makes packing a lot easier, although i had sweatpants ruled out already anyway😂 did not know shorts were an option, but also think sometimes they are easier on men wearing shorts in certain situations were a woman should not? 🤔 ...? Or is that a thought I just grew up with? 😅 nevermind! I have a better idea now for what to wear. 😄

Ive decided to start driving tomorrow, it's a 6 or 7 hour drive for me so i wont be doing that at night. I'll stay in a hotel so I can have a nervous breakdown there, throw it all out, then a chill evening and semi good sleep and go there early morning With my eyes still crusty but my mind clear.... yes, sounds like a plan. 😆

I kid of course, thankfully my friend is going with me to offer mental support.

Did I tell yall yet that I'm nervous? 😅😅😆

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

To be continued...

💖

Timeline

I really don't think you have to worry too much about dresscode. I'm sure looking well-organized won't hurt you, but remember that you are talking with representatives from a country where 'athleisure' is a fashion statement and people go shopping in the most random clothes. 

Edit: Also, GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you'll ace it!

Edited by Yareth

Reading is what? Fun-da-men-tal!

especially during your Visa Journey

Timeline
Posted (edited)

Had my Interview! I was dead tired but the conversation seemed to have gone well. 

I think she said something like "you're approved, the visa will be sent to you in 2 weeks." I didn't hear her right , so I asked her to repeat, she did repeat, but I still didn't hear it clearly. So I just said thank you and walked off.  But then I Quickly walked back because I thought that at approval, I was supposed to get an envelope for port of entry which I am not allowed to open. I asked about this and then she said "everything will be mailed to you"

So... I'm approved, I think?

however, I am also in doubt 😅...

I didn't get a packet that I am not allowed to open? Wasn't I supposed to get one? 

Did i hear her wrong? Did she say im NOT approved, and that I'll get my passport back in 2 weeks?

But if I heard her wrong and got refused, wouldn't I have gotten my passport back on the spot?

I'm driving myself nuts here. 😅

Edited by Rosaly

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

To be continued...

💖

Timeline

Wait. She definitely did not use the word denied Or refused.

And just found on USTravelDocs that when denied, you get passport back immediately 🙈

I think I found my answer already and the exhaustion just gets to me.

Time for a nap 🤣

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

To be continued...

💖

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.