summer4042

Question with booking interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello, im getting very mixed information about this online. Do I have to wait for an instruction packet from the London Embassy before booking medical, interview, and filling out the ds-160? Our case has been ready since the 24th of June but I’m not even sure what to do because some people say it’s fine to book but then I read others say don’t. I’m starting to get a bit stressed since our NOA2 expires in early September. Thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

On the website for booking interviews, it states that you should only create an account if you have the interview letter. I believe you need a copy of it at the medical and interview.

Were you marked ready at the NVC on June 24th? The NVC only sends files to the embassy every two weeks, and the 24th falls right in the gap between ship dates. I would think yours would have hopefully been sent to the embassy on this week's shipping :)Screenshot2024-06-28at7_05_02PM.thumb.png.8595a0cba6d19078a369d9442dfa8d97.png

Timeline

I did some more digging on this (I am UK too and waiting for NVC processing so I have too much anxiety and free time).

If you go to the UK Embassy Website - https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-information-services/nonimmigrant-visa-appointments/ - it talks about the process of setting the appointment. If you follow the link to the "Visa Appointment Service website" -  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb - you can look at the steps and resources.

Under the 'Create an Account' section - if you follow the prompts for K Visa you will land here:

Screenshot2024-07-03at10_05_20PM.thumb.png.78e37cf7e7a006931e6ec01330a7e45d.png

So it does look like you need to wait for the first letter to get to you. I think they might be pre-scheduling K Visa interviews. Once you have that first letter you could probably keep checking the website to see if any new appointments pop up earlier than what they set you for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

@ScarletWitch6x Oh my gosh thank you for your comments, this was so beyond helpful and has cleared up my confusion so thank you so so much! Yes, I also have a lot of anxiety so I know how that feels 😭 It’s really difficult for me finding all of this information online so you sending the links and that shipping date has really calmed me down a lot. Thank you too for your quick reply! And yes, I was marked ready on the 24th 

Timeline
17 hours ago, summer4042 said:

@ScarletWitch6x Oh my gosh thank you for your comments, this was so beyond helpful and has cleared up my confusion so thank you so so much! Yes, I also have a lot of anxiety so I know how that feels 😭 It’s really difficult for me finding all of this information online so you sending the links and that shipping date has really calmed me down a lot. Thank you too for your quick reply! And yes, I was marked ready on the 24th 

Out of curiosity how long was your case at the NVC before being marked as ready? 🙂 

Timeline

@ScarletWitch6xTHank you SO much for this. I'm in the exact same position it seems as @summer4042, waiting for the NVC to send our petition to London. Got my NOA2 on May 13th and my case was finally marked as ready on June 24th. I've been really stressed and unsure and this reassured me that everything is going normally. Hoping my fiance will get his embassy letter in the coming week!

Timeline
3 hours ago, summer4042 said:

@ScarletWitch6x @trisha_h Have yall had any updates? 

My fiance just got his letter from the London embassy today! He's going to schedule his medical on Monday. It was just over 8 weeks from our NOA2 to getting this letter. Have you heard anything yet?

Edited by trisha_h

Timeline
2 minutes ago, summer4042 said:

@trisha_h That’s wonderful and makes me feel very hopeful! Was this letter recieved in the mail? We haven’t gotten anything yet, but the mail hasn’t come yet. I’m praying we will hear back very soon! I’m happy for you both!

Yes, he got a letter in the post. It was just very simple with instructions on the next steps. I hope you get yours soon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, trisha_h said:

My fiance just got his letter from the London embassy today! He's going to schedule his medical on Monday. It was just over 8 weeks from our NOA2 to getting this letter. Have you heard anything yet?

Nothing yet and no case number from the NVC quite yet. We got our NOA2 on June 10th!

Did the embassy set the appointment for you? Do you know roughly when they are setting appointments for?

I am SO excited for you!! :) 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ScarletWitch6x said:

Nothing yet and no case number from the NVC quite yet. We got our NOA2 on June 10th!

Did the embassy set the appointment for you? Do you know roughly when they are setting appointments for?

I am SO excited for you!! :) 

I hope they get to your case soon. It's nerve-wracking having to wait. 

The embassy didn't schedule his appointment. The letter stated that he should attend his medical exam first /then/ make an appointment for the interview. That's not how I have understood it to be done from other people here on VJ but those were the instructions in the letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.