Elllena

N-400 July 2024 Filers

169 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, sheima said:

when they call you for your interview make sure you have the evidence handy just in case

What evidence could I provide for this? I don’t have boarding passes etc from these trips and I’m not sure how else to ‘prove’ that I left the country for these short vacations? Thanks in advance!

Edited by ajmhutton

For other recent San Diego applicants @Basil123 @californiasunset @MdosSantos @ccc_ ,searching here and elsewhere I have found 22 self-reported San Diego N-400 cases that have got interviews far in 2024.  The longest took about 7 1/2 months.  The shortest only 2 1/2 months.  4-5 months seems most typical for San Diego lately though 6 out of the 22 cases I found were in the 6 to 7 month range.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

21 hours ago, ajmhutton said:

Kicking myself because I forgot to list a trip outside fo the USA on my online application! I submitted a letter detailing the dates that I overlooked. Hoping this doesn't come back to bite me...! I forgot how stressful all this paperwork and worry can be 😪

They will go over your entire application with you at your interview and you can just notify the agent you had another trip you needed to add.  It's no big deal at all.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, top_secret said:

They will go over your entire application with you at your interview and you can just notify the agent you had another trip you needed to add.  It's no big deal at all.

Thank you!

Timeline
2 hours ago, ajmhutton said:

What evidence could I provide for this? I don’t have boarding passes etc from these trips and I’m not sure how else to ‘prove’ that I left the country for these short vacations? Thanks in advance!

copy of your plane ticket, if you don't  have it contact your airline

Timeline
24 minutes ago, sheima said:

copy of your plane ticket, if you don't  have it contact your airline

Thanks. I looked online at my Delta account and trips over 1 year ago are not listed on my account. I can reach out, but these trips were almost 6 years ago…

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Good day y'all!

Completed bio today and the entire process took about 5 minutes. It was completely empty, so it was in and out. It is already updated online (case is being actively reviewed by USCIS). Now it's time to play the brutal waiting game! Hopefully the wait is not too long. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
57 minutes ago, ajmhutton said:

Thanks. I looked online at my Delta account and trips over 1 year ago are not listed on my account. I can reach out, but these trips were almost 6 years ago…

Your email might still hold them. If you have google maps on your phone, the location history can help a lot to figure out travel dates. USCIS/CBP will have your flight data, naturally.

Edited by GothamJellyDonut

Well, a couple of hours after she filed, she got the biometrics re-use notice and the meaningless time estimate dropped from 9 months down to 7 months.  So at least we don't feel cheated any more by the meaningless 9-month time estimate.😆🤣  Status changed to actively reviewing after the biometrics re-use.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

On 7/29/2024 at 2:22 PM, ajmhutton said:

You will be fine. Unless things have changed since I last went through the process (in 2017) USCIS is only interested in trips outside the US in the last five years (maybe 3 years for marriage based but not sure as mine was EB). 

Hi everyone,

Planning to file N-400 online soon. Originally received GC 8 years ago based on marriage to USC. 

1. Shall I just apply under General 5 year category or 3 year marriage category? what are the pros and cons?

2. If I go by 5 year rule, I can only find last 4 years tax transcript online IRS. How do I get one for the last 5th year? Will any other IRS doc or tax return work for the 5th year? 

3. At the end of online N-400, what docs you submitted in EVIDENCE for 5 year category? 

Thanks in advance. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Immigrant88 said:

Hi everyone,

Planning to file N-400 online soon. Originally received GC 8 years ago based on marriage to USC. 

1. Shall I just apply under General 5 year category or 3 year marriage category? what are the pros and cons?

2. If I go by 5 year rule, I can only find last 4 years tax transcript online IRS. How do I get one for the last 5th year? Will any other IRS doc or tax return work for the 5th year? 

3. At the end of online N-400, what docs you submitted in EVIDENCE for 5 year category? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi!

1. Pro for the 5 years, it's less "paper work", due to proofing things about your marriage if you do the 3 years.

2. No one asks about the tax transcripts anymore.

3. I just attached my current green card, and my marriage certificat as evidence of name change, that's it. If you ever got a traffic ticket, you have to attach the proof that you paid for it, I think. And if you pay child support, you have to show proof of that.

Good luck! I went with 5 years, even I got my GC based on marriage 15 years ago, and just left the US once in the past 5 years.

Well, our meaningless estimated time until case decision dropped another month today.  Now it stands at only 6 months.  So we moved up 3 whole months in just the last 3 days.  If this rate keeps up I think we will be done by next week.😆🤣😂

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

The hard copy N-400 receipt notice arrived today.  Which is dramatically faster than the time it took for the I-751 to arrive.  Return address National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit MO, but actually mailed from San Bernardino CA.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Filed our N-400 online on July 31, 2024. The usual receipt acknowledgment and biometrics reuse letters were immediate. Like many others we were a bit lazy about filing as we could have done so as early as June 24th (GC anniversary date) or even up to 90 days earlier than that I suppose. The initial time estimate given was 7 months but dropped to 6 the next day. Our field office is Dallas which from all evidence is perhaps the busiest one in the country, so 6 months is probably about right. We envy those who are getting interviews much sooner than that.

Btw.. I am a naturalized citizen myself and still remember my citizenship "interview" in downtown Dallas in February 1978. It was at about 3:00pm on a cold Friday afternoon in an old decrepit government building and it seemed like the interviewer and I were just about the only ones there. He looked like he had been doing this for a long time and was nearing retirement. His questions about government were basic at first but got progressively more difficult. Since I had lived in and was educated in the US from an early age, I was pretty much acing the test. He got a little frustrated that he couldn't stump me and finally asked me to name as many members of Jimmy Carter's cabinet as I could. (Carter was president at the time.) After I had named five or six of them he finally waved his arms and asked me to stop. He then chuckled and started signing things in front of him on his desk. Then he suddenly looked up at me and said "Son, you're more American than most American's!" We laughed (mine was more a sigh of relief) and I took the oath of allegiance the next month. I'm 70 years old now and that interview has always been a favorite memory of mine. I will be so proud of my K-1 wife (from Canada) when she gets to vote for the first time in an American election.

Removal of conditions

05-02-23 I-751 sent via FedEx.

05-03-23 I-751 delivered to USCIS address in Tempe AZ.

05-09-23 Check for $680 cashed.

05-15-23 Received I-797 NOA (48-month extension). A separate letter saying biometrics to be re-used. A third letter giving online access code.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.