Elllena

N-400 July 2024 Filers

260 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Marzipan-59 said:

tried to edit but too late - *one of the highest amount of new cases, cases worked and backlog. The other 2 are El Paso and Chicago.

Mind sharing your spreadsheet? Curious about San Jose field office.

Btw where did you source your raw data from - link?

Edited by circular

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We too are from Austin. My wife asked if she can be scheduled for oath in Austin? The officer mentioned Austin oaths are typically once a month and they dont see availability for a couple of months (she might as well miss the voting registration deadline). Hence she was scheduled in San Antonio on October 7th, which is also the last date to register for vote. 

16 hours ago, circular said:

Mind sharing your spreadsheet? Curious about San Jose field office.

Btw where did you source your raw data from - link?

I didn't save what I did but it was pretty basic math (backlog/cases worked)

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-and-studies/immigration-and-citizenship-data?topic_id[]=33692&ddt_mon=&ddt_yr=&query=&items_per_page=10

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Glad to see some applicants getting their interviews!! I applied on July 1st and still waiting. Not necessarily anxious to become an American citizen but just to be able to get over with immigration and book trips :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally received the interview notice letter. I'm doing my filing by paper/mail, so I paid attention to the letters and postmark dates. My interview notice 9/10 took 4 business days (6 real days) before being mailed out. Received the interview notice 5 days later, so about 11 days total from date printed. Interview is set for October 2X, 2024, Downtown LA, 8th floor.

The letters' return address is National Benefits Center Lee's Summit, MO 64002. All my letters were mailed from ZIP 40701 (Corbin, KY), except the first receipt. The notices took 2-5 days to be mailed/postmarked after the letter was printed. Then took 4-5 days after that to receive via USPS. The exception was the first I-797 NOA Receipt notice mailed from 91763 (Montclair, CA), which was actually mailed the same day it was issued and received about 4 days later.

The top of the interview letter has the scheduled location and date/time. The main body has information on what items to bring to the interview. I have a very simple case, so I just need my Selective Service registration letter and GC/Passport. Been studying the Civics Test the past year, so fairly ready. Just need daily refresher on names and dates. I've attached a scan of the body.

N400-interview notice.gif

N-400 Timeline (5-Years GP) paper/mail:
06/08/2024 - N-400 with fee waiver mailed USPS to Phoenix Lockbox (received 06/12/2024)
07/23/2024 - I-797 NOA Receipt Notice (41 days LB processing)
07/25/2024 - I-797C NOA: Online Access Code (+2 days)
07/29/2024 - I-797C NOA: Biometrics Reuse (+6 days)
09/10/2024 - Interview scheduled (+49 days)
10/2X/2024 - Interview DTLA (+9X days)

Hi all, 

I logged into my online account and there were no changes to my case expect for the estimated time until case decision. Last week I checked it was 6 months, today it shows 3 months. It’s already been over two months since I’ve submitted my application, hopefully to hear from them soon 🙏

Edited by Elena V

I will also tag @raizujukishi on tread.  I noticed on their timeline they filed on July 30, the day after my wife.  Also in San Diego and also hailing from the Philippines.  And just now updated their timeline to interview scheduled November 19.  Same day and field office as my wife.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Hi all! I filed my N-400 on July 11, receipt notice on July 16 and just noticed today that my Estimated Time until Case Decision is 21 days. I have never seen days before (it was 3 months a week ago). I have not yet received a notice of interview or anything like that.  Curious to see if anyone else has days and/or if you had this in the past. 

Thanks! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, tvvgf said:

Hi all! I filed my N-400 on July 11, receipt notice on July 16 and just noticed today that my Estimated Time until Case Decision is 21 days. I have never seen days before (it was 3 months a week ago). I have not yet received a notice of interview or anything like that.  Curious to see if anyone else has days and/or if you had this in the past. 

Thanks! 

last week mine was 4 month estimated time, but i just checked  and it says your case is taking longer than normal processing time,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just got a "We have taken action on your case" email from USCIS, but when I log in, the last update listed is my notice of interview (dated 08/27). Has anyone else experienced this? Trying not to panic before my interview tomorrow!

19 minutes ago, ajmhutton said:

I just got a "We have taken action on your case" email from USCIS, but when I log in, the last update listed is my notice of interview (dated 08/27). Has anyone else experienced this? Trying not to panic before my interview tomorrow!

It happened to a few people the day before interview. Probably just the adjucator opening your file and closing it. Good luck tomorrow!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Marzipan-59 said:

It happened to a few people the day before interview. Probably just the adjucator opening your file and closing it. Good luck tomorrow!

That's a relief! Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.