Elllena

N-400 July 2024 Filers

260 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, andrew2005 said:

Is your case moving ? 
myuscis deleted my case and not it’s asking for an online access code? 
does anyone have experience getting one?

I think it’s a system wide issue. Hoping it resolves on it own. 

16 minutes ago, andrew2005 said:

Is your case moving ? 
myuscis deleted my case and not it’s asking for an online access code? 
does anyone have experience getting one?

My case disappeared too, but now there's a message in my account saying they are working on solving the issue.

It seems that it happens a few times a year -- there's a whole thread on Reddit from 4 months ago of people reporting the same issue.

image.thumb.png.980a09e465321fd90d98f719048ffc48.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, hello77eric said:

filed on 7/16 and still waiting for that interview notice... is that normal or am i worrying for no reason lol

Don't worry, 7/7 applicant here. Still no movement on the case.
I expect some updates in the next 3 weeks according to what I see reported for my local office in San Antonio TX.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, ChocoAlmondFudge said:

Hello,

I would like to share that I just had my interview and it went well. 

Below are updates to my timeline:

September 25, 2024 Interview

Status update 1:

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

Status update 2:

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

Congratulations! What did you take with you to the interview?

1 hour ago, ChocoAlmondFudge said:

Hello,

I would like to share that I just had my interview and it went well. 

Below are updates to my timeline:

September 25, 2024 Interview

Status update 1:

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

Status update 2:

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

Congratulations!!!! What questions were you asked?

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Ellena,

Thank you.  It went so fast, but I remember I was asked:

- how many amendments to the constitution.

- what made up the congress

- one of the federal paper writers who supported passage of the constitution.

- father of our country.

- what are the 50 stars in US flag

- the ocean at the west coast

(sorry, I typed them as how I remember them asked)

Best of luck to you, too.

Edited by ChocoAlmondFudge

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/29/2024 at 6:42 PM, am2352 said:

Yes. That’s me. I and my wife applied on the 8/8/2024 with a couple of hours difference. She got her interview notice within 5 days and my application has no updates after that. 

Hey @am2352 any news on your end ? How was your wife's interview, can you share CIVIC's questions she was asked ?
Also, @Marzipan-59 what about you ? I think we all are in San Antonio FO.

Also, do you guys know if San Antonio FO offers same day Oath or not ? how do we find that out ? If they do not, where is the Oath if I live in Austin ? Can I have it done in Austin or it has to be same FO in San Antonio at another time ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/24/2024 at 5:15 PM, am2352 said:

Wife cleared her interview today. She had a bit of an issue with her name. Our marriage certificate had a "-" in her last name after she added my last name into hers, but all other documents (GC, PP, DL, etc) had " " instead. The interviewer said since she has "-" in her marriage certificate, that will be her legal name. The naturalization certificate will contain the " ".

As soon as she finished her interview, she was handed the oath ceremony notice for October 7th at 2:30pm in San Antonio location. Even that document had "-" in her last name. She did ask about this and another officer also mentioned that is her legal name and her naturalization certificate will contain " ". She also mentioned she will complete her 5-year GC anniversary on November 5th but the officer mentioned they are allowing oath in the 90 day period so she is eligible. That is the last day of voter's registration in Texas.

As far as the interview goes, it went smooth. No document was asked. She was asked to read "Who can vote?" and write "Only US citizens can vote."

@DimaSta4321 posted it in the august forum. Sharing it here as well. 

1 hour ago, DimaSta4321 said:

Hey @am2352 any news on your end ? How was your wife's interview, can you share CIVIC's questions she was asked ?
Also, @Marzipan-59 what about you ? I think we all are in San Antonio FO.

Also, do you guys know if San Antonio FO offers same day Oath or not ? how do we find that out ? If they do not, where is the Oath if I live in Austin ? Can I have it done in Austin or it has to be same FO in San Antonio at another time ?

Hey @DimaSta4321, no news yet, also San Antonio FO. Pretty sure no same day oath in our FO, the oath could be in San Antonio or Austin, def have seen both. Not sure if we get to choose. 

I have recently seen a few San Antonio FO folks, and besides the exceptions who get scheduled very quickly (and honestly cannot figure out the logic there), it seems like a more current average time is around 6 months from application to interview date.

At the risk of sounding insane (but I love a good excel spreadsheet), I pulled some data from the USCIS website showing the processing data for N400 by field office and it seems like in Apr-June quarter San Antonio had the highest amount of new cases, cases worked and backlog of all field offices (all higher than previous quarters). It amounted to them exiting June with about 2 quarters worth of cases. So I suspect that 6 months is about right for most people, although this assumes same capacity and same new cases, and probably other factors I dont know about.

11 minutes ago, Marzipan-59 said:

Hey @DimaSta4321, no news yet, also San Antonio FO. Pretty sure no same day oath in our FO, the oath could be in San Antonio or Austin, def have seen both. Not sure if we get to choose. 

I have recently seen a few San Antonio FO folks, and besides the exceptions who get scheduled very quickly (and honestly cannot figure out the logic there), it seems like a more current average time is around 6 months from application to interview date.

At the risk of sounding insane (but I love a good excel spreadsheet), I pulled some data from the USCIS website showing the processing data for N400 by field office and it seems like in Apr-June quarter San Antonio had the highest amount of new cases, cases worked and backlog of all field offices (all higher than previous quarters). It amounted to them exiting June with about 2 quarters worth of cases. So I suspect that 6 months is about right for most people, although this assumes same capacity and same new cases, and probably other factors I dont know about.

tried to edit but too late - *one of the highest amount of new cases, cases worked and backlog. The other 2 are El Paso and Chicago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.